Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

H/poo grown w/ absolutely no potency?
    #4387241 - 07/09/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I don't even have internet access right now or a computer, so it was a hassle to even get here to post this.

I'm a little perturbed (sp) because supossedly a number of people (7) who tried some of my h/poo grown shrooms did not feel anything at all. Some tried an 1/8, others a half 1/8. This was off two different batches.

I say supposedly but I do believe them. They don't have anything to gain by fabricating a story.

I'm just fishing for any ideas that may have caused this complete lack of potency.

Others have tried many other batches of my fruit and have never mentioned anything about a lack of potency.

I don't know, I'm just a little frustrated to wake up in the morning to hear that my shrooms are crap.

Any ideas?

mark

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: H/poo grown w/ absolutely no potency? [Re: mushroommark]
    #4387278 - 07/09/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Every now and then a batch will be less, I've had the same sort of complaints, every now and then...I wouldnt worry unless you hear it more..I do have yet to hear it from poo grown shrooms...I dunno though..I dont think you'll ever really get an answer, I'd say they need to try some again and see what they say. If you can, give them some from a different batch.

Its a rare thing, but there was really one time where I know this happened, and I have no real explinaion for it..but my room mate has eaten many a shroom, and many grown by us..he likes high doses. He never had a problem tripping on any batches before, but there was a batch, where he at 3.5 grams, along with 2 people who had never done them before..after an hour of not feeling much they ate another 2 grams...never really had much but a mild trip..a week later I grew the poo shrooms..they wanted to have a good trip so they were going to eat a quarter, at the idiot advice of my roommate. I talked them into trying an 1/8th again at first, and they had that crazy trip I wrote the report about, I think you read, the two girls who took them the week before went NUTS and one thought she was gonna die. My room mate could handle it but he said it was so much stronger then the 5 grams the week before. The batch of poo didnt surprise me the potency knocked them on their ass, but the ones before were grown just as I always had, and yet 5 grams did nothing, including two people who cant handle much of a dose at all.. Havnt had any complaints yet (except for being to strong).

Divers post makes me think more N (the bloodmeal post on this page) may have something to do with it since I add worm castings to all my stuff. Kelp Meal could also increase potency...I dunno though man.

Oh, our only thoughts as to why our batch may have been bad is he left them on the dehydrator for 2 days, and it wasnt a big batch, probably dry after 12 hours, and our dehydrator has no setting. Its taken 2 days to dry large batches and no potency problem was had, ever, so this really doesnt make since to me...I dont know though...

Oh did they prepare them in any way like nuking the mushrooms or boiling them, once I had a small trip when I nuked the shrooms in the cup of water for 6 minutes, instead of nuke water for 2, then add shrooms like I usually do..dont know the exact cause of it then either. Tripping is very wierd too, mindset could have played a big effect..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

Re: H/poo grown w/ absolutely no potency? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4387297 - 07/09/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Gotcha. Yeah. This just really threw me off.

I was thinking maybe they were in the trunk of a car and got hot for an extended period. But then people make tea and baked goods and potency isn't affected.

Maybe this batch was left in the dehydrator for too long? (At 97 F, not any hotter)

That was about the only explanation that I could think of. But I think I'm gonna go eat an 1/8 of the last of that batch tonight to find out. What a way to trip for the first time.

Just freaks me out that a whole half pound wouldn't do anything for more than one person. Then another qp from another person had similar reports.

Wierd

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4387308 - 07/09/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

sometimes a whole flush off horse poo will be weak as hell.

shit happens!~

it's all up to the mushroom gods.

tc Mark

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4387312 - 07/09/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just edited and added more while you commented, and I adressed what you asked in it...

Careful with that 1/8th...I might start with more like 2 grams...and there really is a difference between half gram incriments.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

#4387337 - 07/09/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

True. I will start with 2 grams. I just was figuring that I wouldn't feel anything so fuck it, might as well ante up.

Very perplexing to say the least.

Thanks though RK and scat.

As soon as I get moved and settled then I will get a computer and internet access I will be able to be around more often....

Mark

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4387431 - 07/09/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I had an ounce of shrooms that I got from a friend once, and I couldn't even get a buzz off 'em.. I tried an eigth, a week later a quarter, and then 2 weeks (about) after I ate a full half, and I couldn't feel a thing, and usually I'm a lightweight..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4387436 - 07/09/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Did those shrooms bruise BLUE?

If they did - they are usually - POTENT.
Other factors:

Sometimes folks who dose often - build up an immunity.

Sometimes folks weight, condition, mood, surroundings, if they are drunk - stoned - loaded on crank, or just ate 5 cheeseburgers & oily foods can make it appear shrooms are not potent - or less potent.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: H/poo grown w/ absolutely no potency? [Re: agar]
    #4387507 - 07/09/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Other times, you'll eat half that much and go to the moon. It's all in what strain becomes dominant. Remember, the very mycological definition of 'strain' is when two or more spores germinate and pair up 'sexually' to form dikaryotic mycelium. It's a genetic roll of the dice when you use multispore inoculation. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's medeocre, and sometimes it's bunk. Strain isolation is the key. I'm sure you could do another set of jars from that very same syringe and they will be good. It's similar to a family with ten kids. One or two will be very smart, a few will be in the middle, and a couple will be total morons. That's how it works.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: H/poo grown w/ absolutely no potency? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4387570 - 07/09/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

heat has nothing to do with potency loss...a cat i know uses an old dehydrator with no temp control (must be close to 200 degrees...its HOT) and the mushrooms have ALWAYS been strong

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: H/poo grown w/ absolutely no potency? [Re: myndreach]
    #4389495 - 07/10/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
heat has nothing to do with potency loss...a cat i know uses an old dehydrator with no temp control (must be close to 200 degrees...its HOT) and the mushrooms have ALWAYS been strong

My dehydrator is the same, chances are yours goes up to about 140-150 like mine (used a meat probe, if you ever desire to check yours)..that was a few trays up as well..Mr Coffee one...I really didnt think it was the dehydrator, and I still dont, but it was the only possibility besides the mushroom gods (shitty substrain)...I really do think it was the genetics of the casing though..

--------------------

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
    #4389625 - 07/10/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow Mark, after some of the logs I have seen you post along with some of the pictures, it would seem possible that all your friends got together and decided to fuck with you...LOL. If not, I am sure they won't be disappointed in the near future.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineMogley
Mr.Phonics
Male User Gallery

Re: H/poo grown w/ absolutely no potency? [Re: oysterguy63]
    #7119855 - 07/02/07 02:53 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Ive had a few cases were i tried making prints with creepers and they were blanks the gils were pail whiteish. Not one spore droped... Could that be a dud in potency too?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract