Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Loc: Next to Kitty (Yahweh)
MOTHER, Oyster problems
    #4378086 - 07/06/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This is really silly, I think, because Oysters should be about the easiest thing to grow aside from a boner.... 
    Anyway, I ordered a blue oyster syringe form a vendor here, but they were out, so I got 2 pink oyster syringes instead.  BOTH have failed to take to liquid culture.  I'm using the 1 level TBSP light malt extract and dextrose, each, for my liquid medium.  PC'd 20 minutes, strained, pc'd 20 minutes again. 
    So, the first time around, I thought it might have been the lids on my LC jars that allowed contams in (they weren't sealed terribly well with the silicone I was using).  BUT, this time, I used a new style of good lids (RTV-Hi temp silicone attached tyvek filter with an RTV plug for the inoculation port).  Anyway, so, I used the second pink oyster syringe I had (they sent me two pinks as they were out of blue), and inoculated some LC jars.  That same day, I used a liquid-suspended spore jar I'd made from some cubies.  NOW, the cubie spore inoculated LCs are taking off, but I just see the nothing in the mycelium-inoculated Oyster jars.  All jars have the same type of lid fitting, all were done in the same glovebox.  The only difference is that the cubie LCs were incubated about 5 degrees higher (85 vs. 80 for the oysters). 

Any help on this?  I have 3 more edible syringes from this supplier (reishi, stropharia, and black poplar) in my mini fridge waiting.  I know now that my newest lid design will work for LCs as the cubie spores have germinated very well. 

So, I guess I have to try the other culture syringes for the edibles.  But I'm super pissed that these didn't work and I'm not sure why.  Anyone had this sort of problem before?  Think it might have been a bad oyster culture batch that was used as a substitute for my original blue oyster order? 

I'd appreciate any ideas.  From my understanding, the LC light malt extract/dextrose solution works for essentially any species of mushroom. 

Thank you for any help!  :laugh:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
the pub mods are a cancer on our society as a whole.
pantsboy said:
Do kittens contain mescaline?  Because they should.

My GF & ME :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

Re: MOTHER, Oyster problems [Re: Bobo]
    #4386969 - 07/09/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The solution you describe is very similar to what we use as the nutrient solution in our culture syringes. Did you shake the syringe well before using them?

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Loc: Next to Kitty (Yahweh)
Re: MOTHER, Oyster problems [Re: Spores_101]
    #4387170 - 07/09/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't shake them as I would a spore syringe--the chunks of myc were visible in the syringe and moving back and forth in the liquid suspension and I expelled all of the myc/nutrient solution into the jars. 

What would shaking a syringe with a live culture do, if I could see the mycelium being pushed out the syringe? 

Thanks for any help.  :laugh:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
the pub mods are a cancer on our society as a whole.
pantsboy said:
Do kittens contain mescaline?  Because they should.

My GF & ME :heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules