Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is
    #4386735 - 07/09/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/05/AR2005070501421.html

The report comes soon after the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy restated its stance that marijuana remains the nation's most substantial drug problem. Federal estimates show there are 15 million marijuana users compared with the 1 million that may use meth.

Dave Murray, a policy analyst for the White House, said he understands that the meth problem moving through the nation is serious and substantial. But he disagrees that it has become an epidemic.

"This thing is burning, and because it's burning, we're going to put it out," he said. "But we can't turn our back on other threats."

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is [Re: freddurgan]
    #4386915 - 07/09/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

But we can't turn our back on other threats.

Can I keep my job? Pwwwweeeeezzze?

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is [Re: Sycronica]
    #4386947 - 07/09/05 03:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

And they're right, meth destroys people's life's and turns them into hallowed out fucked up zombies. Weed just makes you want pizza and chocolate and to watch cartoons. But I see the governments point, I mean we shouldn't overdose on Count Chocula and Scooby-Doo. If we did, out Saturday mornings would cease to have any meaning.  :rolleyes:

Hey Dave come out to my area you ignorant cocksucker and see if it's a epidemic or not. Or do we only care about the rich kids who can afford the $500 dollar a day coke habits and fuck the dirty poor kids who pick up the meth habits after they run out of coke money. The whole thing is ridiculous. Fuck these ignorant cocksuckers who look at graphs and reports rather than seeing what life is on the street for those that live it.

I've never done meth and I never will do meth, but I've seen that run rampant through my area and turn a good majority of friends and acquaintances into scary virile beings.

These fucking white pig bitch ass corrupt fucks are out of their minds.

Just another pointless press lease, from a pointless agency, from a obsolete out of touch bunch of white men in Washington.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (07/09/05 03:59 PM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4387014 - 07/09/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Of course marijuana is the most dangerous!!!  :crazy2:

Smokin' herb isn't approved by the Slave Wage Industry.
Working during a meth binge, however, seems to have the wonderful effect of increasing worker output. Awesome!

Yay for meth... keeping the capitalist dream alive since 1952! :laugh:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is [Re: Adamist]
    #4387214 - 07/09/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
keeping the capitalist dream alive since 1952! :laugh:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #4387776 - 07/09/05 09:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yay for meth... keeping the dream of individual freedom and responsibility alive since 1952!

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is [Re: cb9fl]
    #4388126 - 07/09/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah! Responsibility... awesome dude!
Like the responsibility we hold for millions each year starving to death while we throw away tons of food in our own fat-ass fashion!
Freedom never tasted so good...  :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinecb9fl
    #4388162 - 07/09/05 11:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I don't even know how to categorize that fallacy of logic. Maybe an Appeal to Pity?

Well whichever it is your statement has nothing to do with the legality of Meth.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4389075 - 07/10/05 05:16 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

More proof that the "leadership class" are completely clueless as to what is going on in their own country.

They never have.

Ever.

In any country.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #4389993 - 07/10/05 04:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

sorry, I've never had a pothead steal my car stereo, mug me, or cheat me with fraud.  Only meth heads have done those things to me.  I've never seen weed destroy anyone.  I've seen meth destroy many many people.  I've never had to cut off a friendship with anyone because of pot.  I've cut off MANY friendships because of meth.  I've never seen a pothead resort to violence to get a dose, but I've seen two methheads come to blows over a piece of meth the size of a grain of salt. 

who cares if more people smoke pot?  Meth is beyond any shadow of a doubt worse in its effect on society and the individual. 

that shit is a fucking cancer and I find myself wishing daily that it had never been discovered.  It truly is 'the new Crack', with the notable exception that rich upper class youth who know well enough to stay off crack seem to have no qualms about smoking meth. 

God I fucking hate that shit.  And we've been setting our children up for meth addiction by force feeding them Adderall and Ritalin from an early age, simply because they don't 'fit in' to the expectations of our outdated educational system.

<puts on Republican hat>: "But hey, at least it keeps productivity high, as opposed to pot which makes people contented with what they have and unmotivated to make and spend more money than they need to!" 

truly, it is no surprise to me that stimulants enjoy increased popularity while republicans are in control of things.  :nonono:

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4390720 - 07/10/05 10:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've never seen, nor heard of a marijuana addiction shattering the soul of someone like meth does every day. And if it were to ever happen to anyone, then they have an addictive and fucked up personality to begin with.

I pity the foo who's life becomes that problematic from a herb that's enhanced the lives of thousands of others with little or absolutely no negative impact.

It's funny how those monkeys still recline to their archaic statements about marijuana. And even rehash them despite being scientifically and ethically absurd! It's insane. I don't understand it. Do they think that everyone's just a bunch of brain dead fuckups? Damn.. they make as much sense as jib tek insomniacs - no one understands themselves but their own.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinecb9fl
Re: Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is [Re: browndustin]
    #4390769 - 07/10/05 10:22 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I pity the foo who's life becomes that problematic from meth.

People need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming the drug. I've tried meth. I enjoyed it and I would certainly do it again. But I most certainly have not and would not become a meth addict because I know when to stop.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

#4390834 - 07/10/05 10:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I too have indulged in meth and walked away...

but you and I are probably not of average intelligence.

the average person can't handle it. Give it to 10 people and 8 of them will become addicts.

I agree that people shouldn't blame drugs for addiction. Addiction stems from a weakness of the Will. But its not like you can just flip a switch and give everyone the kind of willpower that you and I have... So what do you do? Tolerate the fact that your best friends are killing themselves and ripping you off?

--------------------

Offlinecb9fl
    #4390925 - 07/10/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Tolerate the fact that your best friends are killing themselves

yes

and ripping you off?

Punish them for theft.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

#4391099 - 07/11/05 01:02 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well, I've literally locked a guy up in a room in order to keep him off the shit. He hated me at the time, but later thanked me profusely. Was I wrong? He doesn't think so. He credited me for saving his life.

sorry if reality conflicts with your libertarian ideals, but there are indeed times when the individual doesn't know best. Sad but true.

--------------------

Offlinecb9fl
    #4391608 - 07/11/05 08:10 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well, I've literally locked a guy up in a room in order to keep him off the shit.

That's something you did not the government and he later accepted the action. However to allow government the ability to deny you the choice to use a drug is unacceptable.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#4392258 - 07/11/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
to allow government the ability to deny you the choice to use a drug is unacceptable.

It sounds so sane on paper, doesn't it?

--------------------

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4392337 - 07/11/05 02:29 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

YAY! Maybe there will now be less heat on club and rave scenes again!

P.s. I have known about 15 meth addicts. Most of them lead normal lives, only one difference they take a bump every 3 or 4 hours, and like coloring books.

I've never meet someone with a 'soul shattering' meth addiction. I think if you where on the street, sure, it would be REALLY bad. But most of them are just normal people that think sober life is REALLY boring.

I know an Architect, a Psychiatrist, a Video Game Programmer, a Store Clerk... Ect.. All meth addicts. All people that lead very normal healthy lives. Very similar to pot heads.

Actually it was from them I learned alot of valuable info about electrolytes and vitamins. Being that they eat WAY less, they need to get these things from other sources.

The only people I have seen that have problems with meth are the 16 year old kids that have been on adderall for 10 years. Those kids end up smoking like a half gram and staying awake for like 6 days. But honestly there patents and society is really to blame for getting them HIGH ON AMPHETAMINES ALL DAY EVERYDAY, so they THINK they can handle it.

But since they are young and dumb they know nothing about taking multi-vites and drinking things like Gatorade. They say up for like 5 days, and have problems because there brain lacks the things from food that it needs to work correctly. (on top of sleep dep)

I like tweaker girls, they're HORNY as fuck. I've never been fucked for 7 hours by anything other then a tweaker.

I don't see a problem with RESPONSIBLE ADULTS doing the stuff at all.
Children are another story altogether.

But hell, half of them are force feed watered down shit EVERYDAY, alot of them aganst there will, but you won't see the US Government say ANYTHING about that now will you?

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4392376 - 07/11/05 02:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Get the kids addicted early so then they get caught in the system and they are easier to keep track of. Won't be long they will give everyone on probation gps tracking chips.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops say meth is #1 problem; White house says marijuana is [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4392412 - 07/11/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Horny tweaker girls... hahaha

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform