Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWldChild
Daytripper
Female

Loc: Illinois
Trip to escape?
    #4386613 - 07/09/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hi, I'm kinda new to this area and don't post alot.  I have a question-or questions, rather, that's been bugging me.  Not much in the way of psychedelics are available to me in my area, so my choice drug is morning glory.  Lately I've had moments that inspire me to want to trip-like a sunset, flowers, birds...the problem is that my mom recently passed away in May.  Before my birthday, wedding, and there was nothing wrong with her.  I'm struggling to determine, whether I'm wanting to trip to escape my subconscious feelings or just because I want to open my eyes that have shut tight on me.  I know tripping on bigger substances bring out the subconscious mind, like acid, shrooms, etc.  Would morning glory have that same effect.  I've triped while upset before and it didn't effect me...I also wasn't dealing with the death of a part of my soul.  There's alot of questions in my mind right now, but it's hard to get them out without babbling like I already have.  I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer me some insight. Please :rolleyes:
Michelle :ashamed:

--------------------
"If the door of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to a man as it is, infinite."
William Blake

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Trip to escape? [Re: WldChild]
    #4386689 - 07/09/05 01:36 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, Morning Glory could bring on unpleasant feelings the same as mushrooms and LSD.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Trip to escape? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4386725 - 07/09/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

id say morning glory would be worse...i was not even upset at the time i did them and i wanted to kill myself

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineWldChild
Daytripper
Female

Re: Trip to escape? [Re: Vulture]
    #4386805 - 07/09/05 02:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well I have been fortunate enough to have never had a bad experience.  I've done them about 7 times now within the past year.  I could see what you're sayin' about wanting to kill yourself while on them.  The body load sometimes is enough to want to-I always took that time to meditate and listen to soothing music and watch the trees.  It's all good then.  I never lose touch with reality enough to where I would trip out as I guess you would on shrooms or acid.  But I wouldn't know because I never tried it :shrug:

--------------------
"If the door of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to a man as it is, infinite."
William Blake

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: Trip to escape? [Re: WldChild]
    #4389559 - 07/10/05 01:13 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

NEVER use tripping as an escape....it is not an escape, it expands your mind, and if your mind is in a negative place you do not want it expanded.

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Trip to escape? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4390182 - 07/10/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

On the other hand, you could trip to DEAL with your problems. Use it as an oppritunity to really face your moms death. Decide on some ritual that has personal meaning, and while tripping, do the ritual as a chance to really feel her death and let go of it.

This is the way to trip to escape in your case. It won't let you avoid it, but it can add a great sense of finality to feeling it, so you can move on.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineWldChild
Daytripper
Female

Re: Trip to escape? [Re: tomk]
    #4392182 - 07/11/05 01:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think both have very good points.  I don't want to use it soley to escape.  More as a relaxation/meditation thing.  I've accepted my mom's death-she didn't have a very good marriage with my dad, she had anxiety/agoraphobia super bad, and was always plagued with worry...now she's free of it all.  I think I'm just looking for a way to re-connect on a spiritual level.  Thanks though  :darkside:

--------------------
William Blake

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being