Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
enhancing a field's yield
    #4373120 - 07/05/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

GOAL: increasing the yield of a field

HOW: i don't know, but i was thinking myc on rye under patches of water soaked hay; maybe add something to the water and hay?

WHEN: apply during wet season; spring or fall? both?

WHERE: texas

NOTE: i don't want to dig; i already KNOW this field produces

is it possible? ideas?

P.S. cubes obviously

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewds
another brick

Re: enhancing a field's yield [Re: wds]
    #4384588 - 07/08/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

NO ONE has any input? jesus christ, i guess i'll just have to try some stuff and see.

i thought this topic was pretty interesting and would get some feedback...

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: enhancing a field's yield [Re: wds]
    #4384610 - 07/08/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

why go to all that work in the field when nature will do its thing fine without us...... put those extra patties in YOUR backyard.... less of a walk and cops cant arrest you for trespassing on your property :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: enhancing a field's yield [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4385194 - 07/08/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Man, would this work? I travel a lot in my line of work to fields all over the place and try to do a lot of hunting along the way. I've never found any yet, but there's one field that I go to that has a lot of woods and a creek on it. It seems like a perfect place to "plant" some myc. The cows walk all through the woods and the conditions seem perfect. Could I just shred some cakes and plant them out there?? Just bury them a few inches below the ground or something? That'd be pretty cool to do if it'll work!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: enhancing a field's yield [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4385720 - 07/09/05 12:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The spores grow after passing through the coes digestive system...henceforth they grow on the shit.

Therefore, introducing spores to the cows' diet would produce more mushrooms probably.

Offlinescarymidgets
hobbies consumeyou or youconsume them..
 User Gallery

Loc: brains bad
Re: enhancing a field's yield [Re: myndreach]
    #4385730 - 07/09/05 12:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

some one should spray the feed with cube an pan cyan spores

hehe that would be cool only if i had a farm

--------------------
PLs People this a drug info site some people may be on drugs. /flameing might make you feel smart but makes you look dumb.

cant stop me if i eat your soul.

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: enhancing a field's yield [Re: scarymidgets]
    #4386084 - 07/09/05 04:09 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I thought that the myc. set up colonies/grew underground and that when cow shit lands on top of one of these it acts as a casing layer allowing it to grow up through the shit. That's why I thought that "planting" some myc. along the cow trails in the woods would be letting nature take it's course just waiting for some casing to be applied. I've never actually read anywhere how this works, so if anyone has a link to this whole process, it would be appreciated.

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4386783 - 07/09/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Absolutely disgraceful "Bump".

Terrible..just awful.....

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Offlinewds
another brick

#4387255 - 07/09/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

another addition to my idea of making a bed of hay and myc is to put some plywood over it so it doesn't dry out during the texas summer

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4387589 - 07/09/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

schapper said:
I thought that the myc. set up colonies/grew underground and that when cow shit lands on top of one of these it acts as a casing layer allowing it to grow up through the shit. That's why I thought that "planting" some myc. along the cow trails in the woods would be letting nature take it's course just waiting for some casing to be applied.  I've never actually read anywhere how this works, so if anyone has a link to this whole process, it would be appreciated.

you know how the mycelium gets there, right? it is created off of spores the cows shit out.

Once there is mycelium under a field waiting for poo for food to grow fruits with, there is no point in putting spores there as there are already spores there that grew into mycelium

sorry if that's confusing, im fucking high right now LOL so this post isn't my normally conscise self lol

:rotfl: :imslow: :smoker: :spliff: :bongload: :bigblunt: :bouncysmoke: :blazed: :stoned:

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4387603 - 07/09/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I gotcha.  What I'm saying is that I go to a field that's perfect for shrooms, but have never seen any there.  So I could "plant" the myc., not spores underground along the trails to let it grow and wait for a shit storm, correct?

Hey enjoy that buzz, man!! :blazed:

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Offlinemurk
!!!!
    #4387607 - 07/09/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

too bad the weather sucks in bible-belt

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: enhancing a field's yield [Re: murk]
    #4387653 - 07/09/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

that isnt how you made it sound, you made it sound like you wanted to pump up the output of the field..... which makes no sense, it will do that all by itself, but if youre talking about starting some colonies in a dead field then im sure it wouldnt hurt, but chances are if there's cows and there arent any shrooms then there might be a good reason for that.

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: enhancing a field's yield [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4387696 - 07/09/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That wasn't me, that was wds. But anyway, I have seen non actives there. The only way that i know to identify good ones are if they turn blue. I've picked some on shit there before and watched them for a hour and nothing happened. If they've put something in the feed or if there was some other obstacle preventing cubes from growing, wouldn't it also effect the other mushrooms?

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4387728 - 07/09/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it may be coincidence but both times i went to a sterile field just to see what grows, there was nothing growing from the shit. just under trees and on wood.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags