Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewalkclothed
Stranger
Playin Guitar on Mushrooms
    #4372545 - 07/05/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've eaten muschrooms 7 times in my life, and ive recently realized that although i play the guitar, i have yet to pick one up while under the influence. Any guitar players or other musicians have any experience with how muschrooms have hindered or improved your ability to perform/create that wish to comment? I am definetly going to have a guitar available on my next trip

--------------------
no i dont. its all real

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: walkclothed]
    #4372549 - 07/05/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I did, on an 8th of some really potent bad boys. It was awesome, and I loved everything I was playing. It reallly opens you up to different things, you go away from what you are used to. It may even help you if you are in a rut with your playing. I know though that too high of dose you just wouldn't be able to play at all, for me any way.

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: dante]
    #4372682 - 07/05/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i really enjoy playing on weed.. and mushrooms too. To me.. scales become obsolete and you play the way your soul wants to you.. its really amazing. definitely worth a try

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#4372789 - 07/05/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

fun fun fun.  you remember that the guitar is not just an instrument, or a hobby, or a job... it is a fucking hollow box with strands of metal suspended above a hole and a fretboard, whose only purpose is playing with sound waves to influence human emotional states :smile: 

The best is when you have access to a half stack though, crack that sucker up!    :rockon:

I wrote one of my favorite piano pieces on mushrooms.

--------------------

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4373147 - 07/05/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have a buddy that I feed mushrooms too on occasion and I have seen him do live shows on an eigth a few times. I don't know how the fuck he does it.

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
    #4373556 - 07/05/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just the other night i picked up my strat on a half 8th and played to live in pompeii. Got stuck and had to put my head down a lot, but i seem to predict the tune way better on guitar on pot and shrooms. but i got the music in me so its fun =]

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: gma]
    #4373589 - 07/05/05 08:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have a couple of friends who are amazing at guitar and only get better with shrooms and acid....the music they play while IM tripping is way better than any other music I could listen to

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: Yenpop]
    #4374880 - 07/06/05 06:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

my friend jeff sez, if he picks up his ax & strums whilst he's a-gettin' off, he can play all night...
but if he's well&truly off & THEN decides to pick up his git,well forget it, man, ain't gonna happen...

~~~~

(& if'n ya "cheat" & tune that box to DADDAD (or something like that) you can get some nice sounds out of it sometimes...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: gnrm23]
    #4376832 - 07/06/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm better at guitar drums and singing on mushrooms, LSD and ecstasy. My life revolves around music so its pretty much all i do when i trip.

OfflineJfisher
fungusaficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: Sealand
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #4378517 - 07/07/05 01:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I tried playing the guitar and harmonica while on around 2 grams, and it was amazing. Very hard to land my fingers on the chords, but when I started playing, I couldn't believe what was coming out. It was like I was possessed.

--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: Jfisher]
    #4379251 - 07/07/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I can't wait for Friday..
I'll be candy flipping with my new Tabla! It should be awesome. Ill have my guitar, mandolin, and Kiowa love flute too!

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

#4379385 - 07/07/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just the right place

www.dabizkit.com/triv.wma

enjoy

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
    #4379441 - 07/07/05 11:05 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with dante, too much and you'll find yourself having a hard time playing. I like a low to moderate dose to really enhance creative ability to levels unthought of.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: kake]
    #4381617 - 07/07/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i tried that and i sucked so bad i was liek fuck this,it was almost like i never played before and i've been playing for 2 years

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #4382852 - 07/08/05 03:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I find that when I first pick it up, my mind will start to lose interest in it very quick.  I feel the "soul" to what I'm playing, but I also am very clumsy...at first.

If I force myself to sit on it more than a 1/2 hour to an hour...that's when I have made my most amazing pieces.  David Gilmour...eat your heart out! hehe (big influence).  My friends have heard me play only a couple times on lsd or mushrooms(more of a private thing for me) and I guess I really blew their mind away. 

They say I become very inventive and that it all just flows.

Guitar and mushrooms!  :thumbup:

My last mushroom/guitar session happened last month when I was out camping.  There I was, out in the middle of nowhere, I felt so incredibly high sitting by the fire.  Everyone went to bed except for 2 others and they were just sitting by the fire quiet.  I was looking into the fire and got lost in it.  It was like the fire took me back to a lost time/memories.  I realized how a fire flows so delicately.  At that moment I had an urge to start playing guitar...and urge to make something with ULTIMATE FLOW  :grin:

I picked up a nice acoustic with super light strings and a comfortable strap and went for a LONG walk.

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: Spooge]
    #4383743 - 07/08/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

in a couple live dvds i have of zepp it looks like jimmy might be tripping while performing and he rips.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: LedHead]
    #4384126 - 07/08/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

One time I tried it and just was mesmerized by the vibration of the strings. I think I ended up tuning my guitar for about half an hour and just plucking the strings as it warped my mind. I never even played anything :smile:

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4384413 - 07/08/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

when i first look at my guitar, i'm like "shit this is complicated how do i play it? what are all these parts?? " and then i strap it on and feel its energy. then i put my left hand to the fretboard and try to make a chord. i suddenly remember how to play and then i rock it harder than any time sober... the trip makes my coordination soar and my hand lightning fast. not to mention the musical ability/creativity that arises from the shroom/LSD.

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4384527 - 07/08/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I heard a radio interview with Carlos Santana in which he described the first time he took acid in a recording studio. He said that he thought what he was playing was the best, most creative music he'd ever heard, but he wasn't sure if it was just the drug influencing how he felt about it. After he came down, he listened to the tapes and still thought it was some of the best soloing he'd ever recorded.

I'm usually too uncoordinated to play while tripping on mushrooms, but I can see how LSD would work wonders for your creativity without compromising your coordination.

Peace,
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

OfflineJon
Re: Playin Guitar on Mushrooms [Re: harpd]
    #4385728 - 07/09/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms for me made my guitar learning abilities awesome. I remember i was on a comedown of 2gs of shrooms, and I kept listening to the song "Bustin Surfboards", its in the Pulp fiction movie. I learned how to play that entire song within an hour. I noticed that the pitch of every tune just echoed in my head, and it didnt take me long to find a fret for that sound. I was also unusually focused and acute at figuring out the notes of the song. The next day I played the song perfectly, where as if I was sober and learning a song, i would forget some parts the next day. I dont think this will happen too often during my trips, but shrooms have great harmony with making or learning music IME.

Edited by Jon (07/09/05 12:11 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom