Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Strange effect from weed
    #4383552 - 07/08/05 01:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I hardly ever smoke weed, so when I do it doesn't take much to get me high. Last night I smoked half a blunt and and felt pressure on the skin of my face coming within my head. It felt like what happens during an altittude change (like flying in a plane). Then it seemed my head started to thump really bad in sync with my heart. It kept pounding harder and harder, it felt like my head was going to explode. Then it just suddenly stopped. This happened two more times last night but not as intense as the first time. I have never experienced that on weed before.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefrogger25
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
Re: Strange effect from weed [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #4383600 - 07/08/05 01:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

maybe it is due to high bloodpressure, the weed may be making your condition worse, or maybe the weed is causing you to have an anxiety attack.

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Strange effect from weed [Re: frogger25]
    #4383611 - 07/08/05 01:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well I almost had one, but I got a good head on my shoulders. During the whole ordeal I felt panic building up inside of me but I knew it was just a side effect of the weed. Even while I felt a bit upset, I just breathed deeply and laid back and relaxed.

High blood pressure does run in my family.

Offlinel33tmouse
Stranger
Re: Strange effect from weed [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #4383630 - 07/08/05 01:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wait.... high blood pressure and herb don't mix??

I recently had kidney failure, and as a result i now have high blood pressure, mostly (says the doctors) due to stress/pain..... Is herb not helping this condition? Doc said that since THC doesn't metabolize through kidneys, it wasn't a big deal at all for me to smoke it... he even said it would be good for the pain because i can't take pills for pain anymore....

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: Strange effect from weed [Re: l33tmouse]
    #4383987 - 07/08/05 02:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Weed lowers blood-sugar levels (hence the munchies) and increases heart rate. Apparently this is good for the heart, but as for blood pressure problems I have no idea. If you can run about until your heart is beating as fast as it does on MJ without having probs then you should be fine. It's totally safe not considering possible pschological effects and lung damage from smoke inhalation. Don't know how much that helps lol

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
Re: Strange effect from weed [Re: sam420]
    #4385363 - 07/08/05 11:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sam420 said:
It's totally safe not considering possible pschological effects and lung damage from smoke inhalation. Don't know how much that helps lol

Yeah, the carbon monoxide (CO) you inhale along with the smoke as a result of combustion of plant matter isn't doing much good. CO has a much greater affinity for hemoglobin than does oxygen. So great in fact that the resulting conjugate of CO and hemoglobin, carboxyhemoglobin, is usually forever unable to carry oxygen again, being bound to CO until the body scraps the whole molecule.

As a result the ability of blood to carry oxygen to the tissues is reduced. As a result of this, the heart beats faster and harder to satisfy the constant demand for oxygen the body exerts. In addition to this, since carboxyhemoglobin is eventually destroyed by the body, additional stress is caused since the body must synthesize new hemoglobin to replace what is lost.

The solution: Stop burning your plant matter... get a vaporizer. Yeah, they're expensive, but long term, esp when one has a predisposition towards high BP, it could prove to be a valuable investment.

--------------------
\m/

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Strange effect from weed [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4385878 - 07/09/05 03:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PsychoChipmunk said:
Yeah, the carbon monoxide (CO) you inhale along with the smoke as a result of combustion of plant matter isn't doing much good. CO has a much greater affinity for hemoglobin than does oxygen. So great in fact that the resulting conjugate of CO and hemoglobin, carboxyhemoglobin, is usually forever unable to carry oxygen again, being bound to CO until the body scraps the whole molecule.

As a result the ability of blood to carry oxygen to the tissues is reduced. As a result of this, the heart beats faster and harder to satisfy the constant demand for oxygen the body exerts. In addition to this, since carboxyhemoglobin is eventually destroyed by the body, additional stress is caused since the body must synthesize new hemoglobin to replace what is lost.

The solution: Stop burning your plant matter... get a vaporizer. Yeah, they're expensive, but long term, esp when one has a predisposition towards high BP, it could prove to be a valuable investment.

I think you may have answered my question in a sense. I noticed that the pounding in my head went away after I started breathing deeply and slowly, inhaling as much air as I could.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience