Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Lucy with a family history of psychosis ?
    #4382933 - 07/08/05 05:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Done mushrooms many times, never Lucy

Have a family history of psychosis, no problems with mushrooms.

Has LSD got a greater chance of "triggering" illness do you recken?

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4382962 - 07/08/05 06:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes.

There is evidence that schizophrenia and other mental disorders have a fairly strong genetic component (e.g. they can be inherited).

And LSD can definetly bring latent psychosis to the surface. Be careful or stay away all together.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineCuI210us
Experimentalist
Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: badchad]
    #4383027 - 07/08/05 07:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Im in the same situation that you are in man, I have a family history of schizophrenia and because of my family history, I am afraid to try new things. I have never tried mushrooms or lsd because simply because I am prone to schizophrenia. I am even cautious to smoke weed, just because i heard rumors that smoking weed can even trigger these illnesses.

How old are you by the way? If you over the age of 30 or and you havent developed schizophrenia yet, then CHANCES are that you will be alright.

--------------------
The statement below is true
The statement above is false

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: CuI210us]
    #4383253 - 07/08/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Im 20, most common age to "get it" are 20-24 and believe it or not commonly at the age of 31 - wierd i know but this is the age many many schizophrenics symptoms occur.

I worry too, every day. I've smoked weed, not heavily but recreationally for a few years. Used to be more fun than it is now, i seem to just get paranoid now and not enjoy it as much. I've done MDMA a fair amount, mushrooms quite a lot also. The most screwed up my head has ever got was when on MDMA and smoked some mary jane... crazy ass stuff.

How old are you?

Cheers for the replies, its just you all rave so much about Lucy its intriguing but i may just stick with Mushies and MDMA. I think schizophrenia is basically your perception of reality getting very confused and low and behold from what i've read LSD showing you the world is one and everyone is everyone else and united as one etc may just tip it over the edge.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4383466 - 07/08/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms do the exact same thing. It is just easier to get to that place with a smaller dose of LSD. Seeing as how you can eat a couple pieces of paper or five grams or so of mushrooms.

The place where everyone and everything is united is the place to go when on a psychedelic drug trip. Insanity and enlightenment are but two sides to the same coin. You will see if you ever make it there. If you have not reached this place, you have not unlocked the full magic of the mushroom, IMO.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4383477 - 07/08/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think LSD would be more dangerous than mushrooms in this situation.

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4383968 - 07/08/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
The place where everyone and everything is united is the place to go when on a psychedelic drug trip. Insanity and enlightenment are but two sides to the same coin. You will see if you ever make it there. If you have not reached this place, you have not unlocked the full magic of the mushroom, IMO.

Wise words thank you.

Cheers to everyone who's replied
We'll have to see what happens i suppose  :sun:

--------------------

OfflineCuI210us
Experimentalist
    #4384384 - 07/08/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I am only 18, Also, everytime I do smoke weed im so paranoid about becoming a schizo it makes it hard to have fun. The whole time that I am high i am thinking about it.

Really the only safe thing for us to use would be nitrous, other than that i cant think of anything. Everything else seems to "trigger" schizophrenia.

--------------------

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
    #4384390 - 07/08/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

insanity is actually an opposite quality of enlightenment, according to most spiritual teachers, such as Eckhart Tolle.

Offlinel33tmouse
Stranger
Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4384398 - 07/08/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nitrous isn 't good for your brain to begin with tho right?

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: l33tmouse]
    #4384462 - 07/08/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing wrong with Nitrous, actually its very safe

Causes a slight vitamin deficiency b12 i think, if used regularly

Quite good fun too  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineCuI210us
Experimentalist
    #4384657 - 07/08/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, but other than nitrous, I cant think of anything that is safe for people who are prone to schizophrenia.

--------------------

Invisiblevecter1212
Stranger
Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: CuI210us]
    #4384738 - 07/08/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

be careful! It can unleash the schizo as mentioned.

Maybe enjoy a low dose gentle shroom trip once a year, but be comfortable and be SAFE! good luck, we all are dealt different cards, I have depression run in my family.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4385162 - 07/08/05 08:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Let us transfer this idea into numbers.
Take normal consciousness and set it as 0(zero). 1 is an alter form of consciouness. A +1 would be a more positive form of consciousness, i.e. enlightenment. Then a -1 would be insanity or whatever the psychosis be.
Would not the one on either side of the zero still be a one? Two sides to the same coin does not mean the states of mind are the same thing, or does it? :sun:

Perhaps you will advance enough to understand that opposites create each other. The sense of connection travels farther than any of us could hope to believe and it is in everything!

Edited by mecreateme (07/08/05 08:16 PM)

Invisiblevecter1212
Stranger
Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4385324 - 07/08/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

mecreateme that is an interesting thought, however there is no way to compare numerically without making a graph of trillions of brain cells (which still would not balance out)

One reason is this.

"A+1" = good temporarily

your "A-1" = a permanent condition for now whether you want to label it good or bad.

right off the bat they could not balance out, not that I really care, just messing around.

Mikey Im not going back to the mdma thread, we can agree to disagree, after all to some extent we are connected through the same energy. (I could only get away with saying that here lol) No hard feelings.

If you are schizo or if it comes out and you cant help it, be proud of who you are and accept it. As the philosopher Marcus Antonio Aurelius says.. "very little is needed for a happy life." enjoy what you can safely and enjoy each day, good luck

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: vecter1212]
    #4386074 - 07/09/05 03:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have done acid once, and that is the only drug, where I literally thought I had gone insane while I was on it. Even well into the end of the trip, I still had very strange thoughts that persisted, luckily that didnt carry over to sobriety. But I am done with lsd, shrooms have never done that to me, so I would say be careful with lsd. I quit hallucinogens a while ago, and frankly dont really miss them.

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: vecter1212]
    #4386113 - 07/09/05 04:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

vecter1212 said:
Mikey Im not going back to the mdma thread, we can agree to disagree, after all to some extent we are connected through the same energy. (I could only get away with saying that here lol) No hard feelings.

Very mature, appreciate it :sun:

If you are schizo or if it comes out and you cant help it, be proud of who you are and accept it. As the philosopher Marcus Antonio Aurelius says.. "very little is needed for a happy life." enjoy what you can safely and enjoy each day, good luck

My thoughts exactly, i appreciate the kind words.
I'll stick with Mushies occasionally i think, if i havn't tried Lucy i can't miss it, and as i've read it does sound like it can be a little more "intense"  :mushroom2: :sun: :heart:

--------------------

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

#4387252 - 07/09/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

what the hell! im a schyizophrenic and i am far from being proud of what i am, but then again theres a few different types of schyizo's out there and they all are totally different. as far as tripping while being schizo i believe we have a edge on the rest of you. i personally see things that arent there all the time but, heres the catch, even thou my mind really thinks they are there or my mind thinks that people are really out to get me i deal with this on a weekly basis and im experinced with "coming back" to reality. where as when most people trip and they freak out they start worrying about becoming insane. everyone i have ever tripped with, at one time or another thought they were going to lose it. everyone goes thru it. In fact i have tripped many times before i was diagnosed with my illnesses( they say were brought on by trama?) this is just me but my experinces with lsd helped me deal with being disillusioned, i could tell my self that this is not real and if i have dealt with a bad acid trip i can make it thru this one.
but then again i have seen things sober that lsd could never match.
i think its all up to that person, the trick is DO NOT THINK ABOUT WORRIES WHEN YOU ARE TRIPPING! before you trip go out and do something fun, if you play guitar, play it! make your self feel good about your self. watch a funny movie. do all of your chores, clean your house. you have to put your self in a happy mind state. I smoke weed every day, i never ever freak out on it. in fact it brings me back to reality. makes me relax and see how things really are. but thats just me, hope this has helped any one with schyzo disorders concerning this question.

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Re: Lucy with a family history of psychosis ? [Re: JoeyBond]
    #4387294 - 07/09/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Do you think your drug use was at all to "blame" for your condition?

In your oppinion do you think it may have triggered this underlying illness, im told that pschizophrenia is with you from birth but can be triggered by certain things.

How old were you when you were diagnosed?
Do you live a normal (relatively) life with medication?

(hope you dont mind answering my questions)
Thanks  :sun:

--------------------

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

#4387356 - 07/09/05 04:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i dont think drug use did it, people did it to me, society and many other things. i believe that it was with me from birth but trama and other things like drips of water finally carved away my mountain of sanity lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract