Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

chocolate sticking?
    #4381800 - 07/07/05 10:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I wanted to just melt chocolate chips in the nuker will that work?

iether way, once i have melted chocolate and ive added the shrooms to a mold, will they stick inside a mold? can i use tin foil as a mold?

i cant make chocolate well, any tricks.

--------------------
im me on aim... bennettbike

i dont smoke, drink, or abuse drugs, but because i trip spiritually twice a year i got a felony!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: chocolate sticking? [Re: ihaveacow]
    #4381817 - 07/07/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yes you can, but be careful as it will burn very fast. Melt only half of what you're using (50% or less power) then stir in the other half to melt the rest of the way (make sure you stir during the initial melting process as the chocolate will still look "solid"), this will also create a temper that will help the chocolate develop and nice sheen and make it easy to unmold. most supermarkets have plastic candy molds for under $2. or you can just use an ice cube tray and fill them halfway up depending on how big you want them.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

Re: chocolate sticking? [Re: soochi]
    #4382421 - 07/08/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thank you for the idea to melt half teh choc. chips and mix in the rest to keep the temp down...

happy hunting

--------------------

i dont smoke, drink, or abuse drugs, but because i trip spiritually twice a year i got a felony!

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#4382904 - 07/08/05 04:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i would just use a little smearing of butter on the inside of the mold if they don't easily pop out...

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

Re: chocolate sticking? [Re: felix]
    #4383162 - 07/08/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

wont the butter mix with the melted chocolate, although i suppose that could work.

here i am a chef once and a cook now, and i know nothing!

thanx guys!

--------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #4383528 - 07/08/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if you use plastic candy molds they will not stick, chocolate already has a lot of cocoa butter in it.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisiblespiffo
Stranger

Re: chocolate sticking? [Re: soochi]
    #4383860 - 07/08/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

damn he can always just dip the suckers straight into the pot of choc and let em cool like rockyroads

--------------------
Check my trade rating for hanky and his pension rorting boyfriend grizz before you get ripped off...he gets my rating deleted because he doesn't like the truth but in my ratings pile the truth reigns supreme

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#4384215 - 07/08/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if you use bittersweet baking chocolate, they don't always pop out so easy. i like using the bittersweet cause it's a little more stiff and brittle and it doesn't melt as easily. you're right..butter probably would mess up chocolate chips though.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Edited by felix (07/08/05 06:36 PM)

OfflinePraseodymn
The Stranger
Loc: The Moon! Yes! haha!
Re: chocolate sticking? [Re: felix]
    #4387818 - 07/09/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

alright so get yourself a pot, and a bowl that will rest comfortably on top but not go too deep into the pot, then put about an inch of water in the pot, and get it simmering, not boiling.
Chop up your chocolate, and then put it in the bowl and place it over the pot. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate melts (no longer)
Then place the bowl in the freezer. Pull it out every minute or so and stir it up, making sure to keep the chocolate all in one pool, not riding up the sides.
Keep chilling/stirring until you can stick your pinky in and it feels cool to the touch. (85 degrees)
Put a dab of chocolate on some wax paper, lay your friends on top, and then cover with chocolate. Allow to cool.
Nice and tempered, beautiful.

Don't use chocolate chips! They have a lot of shit in them that will prevent an even temper as well as an even melt. They have additives which keep them from melting in the oven with cookies. They also have preservatives, including partially hydrogenated oils, which will give you tumors and cancer if you eat enough.

Have a nice day!

Pras

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags