Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
some nice Inactive finds from AL :)
    #4382063 - 07/08/05 01:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey everyone.Im from north Al. I posted here last year but have since lost my login name.Anyway onto the fungus..The weather has been very dry lately..After the short rains we have the sun pops right back out to dehumidify and dry everything out.Finally the tropical storm thats spinning about down in the gulf has sent some cloudy days and nice rains this way.Im going to post my Cubensis findings in the sticky for southeast findings.I had a great time hunting although while I was checking my last place which was my cubensis spot,walking back to the car,someone I knew from high school a few years back drove by and spotted..this is a twealer by the way.He kindly stopped to say high and badger me for mushrooms becasue he knew what i was doing.So I think i gave up one of my spots.The field is in the middle of nowhere but for some reason he was driving around.Im worried that he will go and flip patties over disturbing the mycellium or leave some garbage in the field or somthing else to piss the owner of the property and make things into a bad situation..nontheless I had a wonderfull time hunting in some various spots i visited today.Enjoy

This first one is a Hygrocybe cantharellus I beleive.Can anyone cnfirm that? It was found growing in a regularly maintained lawn I do not know what kind of grass it was in.the gills were distant and a bright color of yellow.the stem was yellow and had a fibris feel to it.I didnt get a sporeprint. http://codecopy.com/legendsofmyst/Mycology/7-7-05/Hygrocybe%20cantharellus/DSCF0436.JPG

The next one's pic is kinda fuzzy but i beleive it to be a reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) found growing at the base of a healthy hard wood. http://codecopy.com/legendsofmyst/Mycology/7-7-05/Ganoderma%20lucidum/DSCF0469.JPG

And here is what I have identified as a Panaleuos campanulatus.Tall red to red/brown stalk with black sporeprint.Found on cow dung.It has the jagged remanants of the veil outlining the base of the cap.The mushrooms are almost everywhere scared in giant patches on cow dung. http://codecopy.com/legendsofmyst/Mycology/7-7-05/Pan%20campanulatus/DSCF0454.JPG

The next is a Conocybe lactea,some very large ones I might add
http://codecopy.com/legendsofmyst/Mycology/7-7-05/Conocybe%20lactea/DSCF0461.JPG

Ok the next mushroom I havnt been able to identify.The spore print seemed to be a dark brown color but im not that sure.The gills were close to crowded.Found growing on grass or somthing under the grass.it has a some partial veil remanets.the stem was not hollow with an almost wet wood like texture.any ideas anyone?I guess agaricus of some sort,any help? http://codecopy.com/legendsofmyst/Mycology/7-7-05/Unknowns/DSCF0446.JPG
http://codecopy.com/legendsofmyst/Mycology/7-7-05/Unknowns/DSCF0448.JPG

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Edited by aNeway2sayHooray (07/08/05 01:43 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: some nice Inactive finds from AL :) [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #4383776 - 07/08/05 01:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Although there are similarities, I would guess that those Hygrocybes are one of the many red capped species other than H. cantharellus. That species has deeply decurrent gills which your specimens appear to lack.

The reishi looks like it's probably a correct ID.

The remnants of the partial veil on the edge of the cap are the main distinguishing feature for P. campanulatus, so you look to have that correct.

The Conocybes are similar in appearance to C. lactea, but the only way to be sure with Conocybes is with a microscope. They probably are that species, though.

On the last one, try cutting it in half vertically. An Agaricus will have free gills and a stem that easily detaches from the cap. If the gills are attached then it's very probably a Stropharia.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineChickenNugget
Pet Peave

Re: some nice Inactive finds from AL :) [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4383894 - 07/08/05 02:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

man... thats the SAME EXACT FIELD i hunt in!!! Hey anewway, Shoot me a pm!

i also noticed a few white mushrooms been picked and not active. was that you boy? lol, im not so sure it was even the same feild though.. it looks so familiar.

--------------------
"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom"
-Tool - Third Eye

Edited by ChickenNugget (07/08/05 02:32 PM)

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: some nice Inactive finds from AL :) [Re: ChickenNugget]
    #4385080 - 07/08/05 09:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thanks allot ToxicMan.Which species of hygrocybe do you spose that is?I left the Unidentified agaricus in the field so I wont be able to cut it in half.ChickenNugget I doubt thats the same field.I dont pick nonactives and throw them down.I only pick the actives and choice edibles.I leave the rest for nature,And for picture taking.What county are you in?There is a possibility that it is the same field i guess...stranger things have happened haha..Cheers

More pics to come

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: some nice Inactive finds from AL :) [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #4386765 - 07/09/05 02:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

A few similar species are:

H. coccineus
H. flavescens
H. squamulosus
H. reai
H. helobius
H. marginatus

That list is far from complete.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification