Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Well, you wanted to know!!
    #4380883 - 07/07/05 07:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everyone,

A lot of you asked that I post after my next trip because the last one was bad for me.  I decided not to wait that long and am posting one hour after drinking tea with 1.5 grams in it.  Everything is GREAT!!

I know to a lot of people that's not much, but after my last experience I wasn't gonna push it.  It's given me a good taste of what the come up is like and I remember now at what stage I turned the last one bad.

Well, gotta go.  There's a HUGE thunderstorm coming and I don't want to miss a second of it!!!!

Thanks again to all that helped me through that rough patch!!!!
Many  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:'s to you!!

Schapper

Oh Cervantes,  You were right about the B+!!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Well, you wanted to know!! [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4381087 - 07/07/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Good luck and good vibes! I hope you have a great trip to counteract the last one. You chose a good dose for tea.

Think happy thoughts,
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: Well, you wanted to know!! [Re: harpd]
    #4381601 - 07/07/05 11:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks harpd!!

The storm was so cool!! No rain, but lots of awesome wind and swirling clouds going in different directions...some really cool vortexes!!

Lots of cool thoughts and getting used to all the come up feelings, physical and mental.

It was a great way to get back in the saddle and taught me a lot for the future!!

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4381682 - 07/07/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Nothing better'n a thunderstorm on the poarch! I KNEW you were in good hands! :wink:

Tell us more when you can... fuckin' longhorn leghorn!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: Well, you wanted to know!! [Re: Rose]
    #4381811 - 07/08/05 12:12 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

LMFAO!! Too much man!! Where were you when I was peaking? Woulda sent me over the EDGE!!(the GOOD one that is!!) And who said anything about a porch? I was camped out on my back in the yard DIGGING it!!

I really did learn a lot this time. My whole perspective has change toward the experience. And not just about the bad trip that I had, but my whole attitude in general. EllemyshShade had a great quote in a recent post about taking it all too seriously and how that can effect your outlook from the onset. I had been feeling that way already, but to see someone else say it really had a lot of meaning for me. I had a couple of good personal insights this time that were cool too.

It really hit me that I just have to take it slow, if for no other reason than to just get used to the effects that ANY dose has on me so that when they happen on higher doses I'll know that it's just the effects and to not attribute any bad meaning to them. Like the first time you smoke weed. The effects are all new so they influence the first times that your stoned, but after doing it for years, you just get used to them and they don't influence the high anymore...they're just part of it.

I know that my yard loves it when I trip...every time I do, I always end up watering it!!

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

#4381883 - 07/08/05 12:42 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

awesome man. Yeah my first tripped sucked, i drank a bunch of tea and didnt know naything about what was going to happen.. then it happened. Needless to say, i was glued to a papazan chair for about 7 hours waiting for the hell to end.. watching the minutes tick by like hours, and my brain run in circles. So it took me a year to dose again.. and i havent done more than a gram becuase im scared to death of that happening again... so ive taken about eight single gram doses with only one bad trip (yeah its possible to have a bad trip on a gram.. heres how you do it.. eat the shrooms and say to yourself "i really dont want to take shrooms tonite") so next trip im stepping it up to 1.5 and see what happens.. soundslike you had a good time.. was any of it overwhelming? or all good?

Offlinelkfity315
First timetripper

Loc: south carolina
Re: Well, you wanted to know!! [Re: hempknight]
    #4382108 - 07/08/05 01:41 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hempknight said:
so ive taken about eight single gram doses with only one bad trip (yeah its possible to have a bad trip on a gram.. heres how you do it.. eat the shrooms and say to yourself "i really dont want to take shrooms tonite")

yeah i had a rough time on a gram of some labs and one of the reasons was because i told my self i should have just gone to sleep i dont wont to do this. that will do it for you but i got through it and had a good time

--------------------
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. "
Timothy Leary

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4382757 - 07/08/05 04:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Hempknight.
I know ecactly what you mean by telling yourself that! My last trip started in a bad way because I rushed it. I had planned to trip, but I woke up three hours late and just got up and did it even though I wasn't really "pumped" for it. I started thinking "I really don't feel like doing this" after I had dosed. Up to that point I just felt rushed and "obligated" to do what I had set out to do. Then when the come up started I interpreted that nervous energy as anxiety and it was so strong that it made me really scared and want out.

This time I when I felt that energy starting to build up I was able to keep it under control it because I felt safe at 1.5 grams because I've done 2 before without having any bad effects. In my mind I was still in safe territory, but it definitely showed me this time how it was possible to turn that energy in the wrong direction. How you can start to pay too much attention to it and just dwell on it. I also paid attention to all the physical effects that were going on at that time, too. I get a racy feeling inside, my limbs get really heavy, I get a shortness of breath like at high altitudes and I just feel like dropping my head and closing my eyes, kinda like when you're nodding off in class or something. I compare it to taking nyquil and not going right to bed.

This comparison also showed me a new way to think of that tense period too. You know how everyone says when you start to have a bad time to just keep telling yourself that you've just taken mushrooms and that it will all end eventually? Well, I never quite "got" that until tonight. Since I was feeling like I had taken cough syrup, I compared it to just that. We've all taken OTC stuff that makes us feel funky and we just deal with it every time because we've taken it to accomplish something, i.e get over a cold or allergies. But we don't get scared because we KNOW in our minds that we've only taken a drug and we're not going to stay this way forever. Well, we're taking mushrooms to accomplish something too and the effects that come with them are just part of it and nothing to be feared...neither good nor evil, just there.

I'm gonna stay where I am until I get to the point where these feelings feel normal and expected before I move on to higher doses so that they don't dictate the direction my trip takes when they are more intense on higher doses because I believe that these physical symptoms can really scare you if you're not accustomed to them. And if you start out scared then it only gets worse as your mind starts to leave the realm of rational thinking.

I also thought about a good analysis last weekend as I was traveling for the fourth. I was thinking of how people say to just go with it when bad stuff happens and was trying to put that in terms that I could understand. I thought that it's pretty cool to compare it to being stuck in a car on a long trip with someone who likes a kind of music that you hate. For me I used country because I really dislike it, but not because it's physically uncomfortable for me to listen to, just irritating. You can sit there miserable the whole time and "fight" it and be tense because you're having to go through it or simply sit back, be nuetral and listen objectively. You never know, you might just come out with a new veiwpoint about it. And it only makes sense not make yourself miserable if you have to be there anyway.

Have a great time on your 1.5 trip because you're aiming for something and the side effects that you experience on the way there are just that, only side effects, and not the objective for taking the "medicine" in the first place. They are just things that you want to "let go" of until they pass on your way to the "cure". Hope that makes some sense.

If things do get a little shaky, you can always log on here and tell everyone what's going on and you're bound to get a lot of good energy!! I'll definitely give ya some!!!

Take care,
Schapper

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Edited by schapper (07/08/05 05:01 AM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4385916 - 07/09/05 03:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Heh,

Time for a report?

:smirk:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4386903 - 07/09/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Huh?  Oh shit!  The trip. :wink:

The trip was great!!  Had the come up feelings as stated above and started thinking that I should do something to occupy my mind while that was happening, so I tried watching TV, no good.  So I figured that I'd post here to get some good vibes...Got one, thanks again Harpd!!  Then after sitting around for 30 minutes waving and jiggling my arms around to get that over with, I decided to check out the storm.

I was still pretty straight so decided to check the mail(but I guess I wasn't completely straight because I was thinking that I'd just APPEAR to be doing this while checking out the storm un-beknownst to my neighbors!!)  After taking a reeaaalllyyy long time to check my mail(because I was really an incognito tripper checking out the weather) I decided that the back yard would be the place to be.  DAMN!!  More neighbors over the fence!!  Oh well, they weren't tripping so they went inside shortly like rational people!  After looking around for the best vantage point, I decided that flat on my back by my oak tree would the way to go.  Nah, still didn't have a wide enough view, but HEY! that tree looks pretty cool!!  So back up on my feet to roam the yard.  The wind was really whipping things around and I just HAD to feel how solid that tree was! I'll have to say, I was pretty damn impressed with it!!

I soon noticed that the sky was getting a lot darker and decided to brave it and went back to the front of the house.  I guess I wasn't THAT brave because I just pulled up a cooler and sat in the doorway of my garage grooving on the clouds.  I had a really wide view and there were two distinct layers of clouds.  The upper going East and the lower going West...and REALLY dark Gray.  When I first sat down I was just kinda zoning out, paying too much attention to the way my body was feeling and noticing that my neck muscles were ONCE AGAIN really tight.  I got bored with that and focused once again on the sky just in time to "see" a reeaally BIG face formed by the clouds.  It was a really cool looking face like the ones that are on most of the cool pictures that you see painted of the Sun.  I thought to myself as I smiled really big, "is that for me?"  Since the face was made by both clouds layers moving in different directions, it disappeared in about a minute and I decided that is WAS just for me since it was there for such a short time and something had made me look just at the right moment.  That inspired me to turn all my attention to the sky and I sat there for about 45 minutes just watching all the swirls, feeling really lucky to be there.

Since the storm decided not to drop any rain, I decided to drag the sprinkler out and give the yard some water.  I guess I didn't care about the neighbors much at that point because when the hose sprung a big leak and I got soaked wrestling with it, I just cracked up and said "oh well".  Fixing the hose kinda straightened me out a little, but I enjoyed it.  There was actually something kinda Zen to it, so instead of my usual reaction, which would have been "@#%$ %*@#%%#@!! pain in the ass water hose!!", I just enjoyed that tranquil experience of fixing something with my hands.

After washing all the crud from by feet in the sprinkler..."COOL, that tickles!!", I decided to check back here to see all the good vibes that I had gotten.  Oh, BTW, have I told you thanks yet harpd?  Since that seemed to be leading nowhere, and I was feeling pretty normal, I decided to answer an email from the love of my life.  Apparently she was sitting at her computer at the time and responded immediately!  Uh Oh!!  Well, after chatting back and forth for what seemed like forever(about 10 minutes), I told her what I had done.  Her response?  "CALL ME!!"  OH SHIT!  I just THOUGHT that I was feeling normal again.  I told her that I felt a little nervous about doing that, kinda like coming home late in High School drunk and having to talk to the parents!  After getting assurance(NUMEROUS times) that she would be gentle with me, I called her and had a GREAT hour long conversation with her on my way down.

All in all, I give the trip a 9 out of ten!!(DAMN hose!!)

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

#4387167 - 07/09/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Good report man, yeah im definitely going to try to make the most of it as it me and my friends last couple of weeks in our town before we move to college together.. so we plan on going to this really nice park and shit and just chillin.. i know it will be great.. but what i cant decide is tea or fresh.. but i htink im going ot go with the tea because fresh ones make my stomach hurt like a BITCH. what would you suggest?

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4387245 - 07/09/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hempknight,
I've only had fresh once and it was on my very first trip ever twenty years ago. I ate a lot, but of course don't know exactly how much. Nothing happened after about an hour and my roommates were a bunch of rowdy jerks, so I nabbed a couple of really big caps called up my old roommate and went to his place and made tea. I got off in about 20 minutes and had the best experience of my life.

So basically I don't know what it's like to only eat fresh. I do know that tea definitely works and pretty quickly at that! They say that the peak can come on quicker and may be more intense and that the experience may not last as long as fresh.

I can't comment on that because I've never purely done fresh before. My only comment to you would be to just know what effects happen on the come up and if your used to eating fresh then they may be a little more intense so just remember that they will pass and then you can go on to have a good trip.

Best wishes and ENJOY!!

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4389753 - 07/10/05 03:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Great trip report schapper!

Thanks man, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner.

You had a fantastically normal mushroom experience :smile:... you learned some positive stuff, and began incorporating it into your life immediately after you came down.

I'm proud of you for WAITING until the world stopped spinning, to send your email... and it seems you were instantly rewarded for your letter. :smile:

You are on your way to transcendence now... it seems... you have a better tripping etiquette. You are not nearly as likely to have a bad trip in the future (yeah, they happen... but you are better prepared).

I'm impressed with how you handled your neck.

The face in the clouds is telling. Faces are a common vision. It seems we endow objects with humanity while tripping... the Buddhists take it a step further and say everything IS everything. While tripping, people tend to see faces everywhere... in trees, rocks, clouds... hell, even sober, people see shit in clouds.

Anyway, now that you're done, and sober... how are you feeling? Have you recovered fully? Did you take anything back with you? Has it changed your life or, was it just another experience? Has it impacted your relationship? How did she respond to your stories and experience? Did you get anything you were looking for?

I ask because some people are CHANGED by tripping, and others... no matter how profound the experience, continue living normally.

There is no right or wrong, I'm just curious.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4390011 - 07/10/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Cervantes,

First of all, congratulations!!

I feel GREAT!! It feels good to feel like I'm past a hurdle and I'm glad that I did it when I did, too. I think that if I had waited until my trip was almost here I would have felt pressured to get it over with and that probably wouldn't have been a good thing. Plus now I have time to do it again before I DO leave!!

It has changed my life in a few ways. Most importantly it showed me that I can stay on this path that I've chosen without worrying about how I have chosen to do it. Paying attention to the come up effects and recognizing them comes in a close second. And like so many here have said before, it showed me the magic that still exists in the world if we just take the time to clear our minds and SEE it. I guess that's probably the hardest thing to take back and make stick though. IMHO, for me anyway, only by being shown that again and again will it build it up enough to incorporate into everyday life consistently. It's a sad statement for me to have to make, but social programming is a bitch!

As far as my relationship, I'm VERY lucky to have someone who supports what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. Just like with you guys, I have a GREAT support network!! Anyway, she was very relieved that everything went well because of my last experience. She was in a pretty bad place after the last time because she wanted to help and really couldn't. Hell, you know how THAT is. The only people who understand what you're going through are those that are familiar with the experience itself. That's where all of you really helped pull me through!

So I did get exactly what I was looking for this time out. I just needed some peace of mind and I'm thankful that I have a new grasp on how to travel the road I'm headed down.

Thanks everybody for all the support and advice!!

Schapper

Edited by schapper (07/10/05 05:15 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports