Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelucas86
mushroomenthusiast andcultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forests of Wisconsin
why are they growing so slowly?
    #4379617 - 07/07/05 02:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i have followed the instructions of the PF Tek as a first timer and dome very well, until this point. I birthed the jars about a week ago and my mushrooms are growing slower than what is described on the site and by others i know who grow shrooms as well. my little guys are also stout fatties. How can i help them grow better and thinner?

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself escapes the pain of being a man."

Hunter S. Thompson

Edited by lucas86 (07/07/05 02:09 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer
 Arcade Champion: Hexxagon

Re: why are they growing so slowly? [Re: lucas86]
    #4379630 - 07/07/05 02:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

my little guys are also stout fatties. How can i help them grow better and thinner?

Huh? You want them to be fat... Why would you want them thin?

What do you mean by growing slowly? You have pins that are not getting bigger...?

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: why are they growing so slowly? [Re: Quiescence]
    #4379800 - 07/07/05 03:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well lucas86,  I say that you have done very well since you've got pins and this is only your first post!!  I say "Don't Fear The Fatties"!!  I grew EQ's and the were almost all Fatasses.  And they do grow slowly if not in nature and if nature is not accurately duplicated in you terrarium.  It drove me crazy, but have patience!!  They will grow and grow faster the bigger they get!  I saw somewhere where you can just about say "double the size per day"  So when they're little the only grow a little, but when they get bigger, they grow a lot more in a day.

Maybe this will calm you down some....

Not the best by any means, but I was pleased for my first grow.  It was probably 10 days from when they pinned to when I picked.  Just keep the humidity up and fan a lot!!!

congratulations and QUIT LOOKING AT EM EVERY 5 MINUTES!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: why are they growing so slowly? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4379895 - 07/07/05 03:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes it takes a while man.  I'm assuming you've kept the cakes at 95-100% RH and a reasonable temperature (somewhere around 75F), along with gas exchange and all that rot. 

And "stout" is very good.  Stout means that you have heavy shrooms, and more weight = TeH aWsUm!!!  And don't worry about all that silly stems vs. caps thing.  Stems have the same concentration of psilocybin as caps, so long and thin isn't necessarily better.  Just be patient and let your shrooms grow, because grow times aside it sounds like you're doing great!  I think you need something to relax you a bit...

Might I suggest a mushroom trip? :tongue2: :rotfl:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlinelucas86
mushroomenthusiast andcultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forests of Wisconsin
Re: why are they growing so slowly? [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4387246 - 07/09/05 06:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for answering my questions. i found out soon after i posted that the mushrooms were going to sprout up very quickly. they still arent that nice, cream color like the ones that are in the bottom two images, but they have grown quite a bit. one of my cakes recently sprouted twenty-two little mushrooms that cover the entire cake. it is nice. my shrooms still look similar to the top image, but i am sure they will progress into the next stage soon. peace.
lucas

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself escapes the pain of being a man."

Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: why are they growing so slowly? [Re: lucas86]
    #4387274 - 07/09/05 06:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i think i finally figured out how to let it go, but man i swear when i first started i would drive myself crazy looking at the jars 2,3 sometimes 4 times a damn day lol..... always wishing they would grow faster..... after a while you train yourself to leave em the hell alone.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation