Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekemo
Stranger
small terrariun height, need advice
    #4378711 - 07/07/05 05:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hi,

I'd like to grow mushrooms, but due to various reasons, my terrarium height will be limited to 12 cm (little less than 5 inches), but otherwise can be pretty wide (75 cm - 30 inches) and about 25 cm (10 inches) deep, so in theory there could be lot of small mushrooms. It can have as mush natural light as it wants, and a source of electricity.
I'm a total newb, so I don't know if this is possible. If yes, could you advise me which species to order (that don't grow too high) and which tek to use.
I know that cakes are the best mehtod for beginners, but I calculated that the cake itself must me at least 8 cm (3 inches) tall
so this would leave me with 4 cm (less than 2 inches) for mushrooms, and I read that cubensis grows 8-14 cm

Thanx,

K

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegarret
Stranger
Re: small terrariun height, need advice [Re: kemo]
    #4378777 - 07/07/05 05:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yah,

don't use cakes... you will need a pressure cooker.. grow invitro or grow psilocybe mexicana in a mini grow room LOL... mini..= mini shroomz..

You can always let em grow and mash against emselves.. happens invitro all the time.

If the height problem is cuz parental constraint.. then listen to it man.. go back to the bottle or find a girl... or something normal cuz that would be kinda sick ya know... if you don't know then heroin is a good bag LOL.....

OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
Re: small terrariun height, need advice [Re: garret]
    #4378842 - 07/07/05 06:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

5 inches really isn't enough IMO

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: small terrariun height, need advice [Re: Billy1111]
    #4378863 - 07/07/05 07:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

5 inches is enough, but it will be a pain. As long as you can have a light source over that 5 inches..youll need all 5 inches for growing though. 1 inch substrate depth with a 1/2" casing layer, leaves 3 1/2" for shrooms to grow, and they probably wont get bigger then that on an inch. But the light will need to be above that, so if your thinking under your bed, unless you can get a light up under there in the box spring or frame or something I dont know.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinekemo
Stranger
    #4379456 - 07/07/05 01:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanx everybody,

The thing is that I live in a rented apartment, and the owner comes every once in while to pick some stuff up. Sometimes he comes when I'm not there, and I don't know if he checks my room in case I have sold his TV or something.. I hope not, but if he does, it wouldn't be cool to get busted. One one side of the room there is a very big closet. There is about 15 inches from top of the drawer to the ceiling, but I've mesaured the ideal dimensions of the box in the initial post, so that is impossible for a person of his height to see it from any place in the room. And I know he never climbs up to check the area because there is about inch of dust there in this moment (obviusly never cleaned). There is plenty of natural light because there is a big window facing south, on the side of the place, and there will be space above the terrarium.

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
    #4379485 - 07/07/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

try using cakes and put a light on each side of the terrarium... and cover the top of it with foil so no light can get in and you can grow them side ways...

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation