Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Laminar Flow Hood

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

printing question
    #4378034 - 07/07/05 01:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

A friend wants to know if this would work sporeprinting?

Lets say we are making one cap into one syringe

Grab a small jar fill with required amount of water for syringe. loosely put a large plastic baggie over small jar acting as lid. Microwave jar until water boils. Put jar and clean syringe in glove box. remove bag. suck up sterile water into syringe. Cap off syringe let cool overnight. take another small jar, put small amount of water in it, about 4 ccs of water or so. Put bag over jar. microwave for a few minutes. Let jar cool inside glovebox. Put cap face down in jar and put the bag over the jar loosely. Let sit overnight inside glovebox. 12-24 hours later remove cap, grab water filled syringe squirt a few cc's into jar, srir around spores with needle. suck them back up. Boom! Done.

BTW, Could you Suck up some water into a new syringe and boil it on high for about an hour, instead of microwaving?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: printing question [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #4378068 - 07/07/05 01:13 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds like a ton of work imo and not worth the work/nor the contamn risk. My friend cuts a cap from a healthy mushroom, places it on a piece of foil and makes a print over night. Then to make a syringe from that print he boils some water and pours it into a clean drinking glass and quickly puts a piece of tin foil over the top of the glass and lets cool to room temperature. After that, without a flow hood just very quickly removes the tin foil and scrapes off spores with a sterile blade into the water and puts the tin foil lid back on, then uses rubbing alcohol to sterilize the top of the aluminum foil and flame sterilizes the syringe needle and pokes the needle through the foil and sucks up spore solution into the syringe.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #4378099 - 07/07/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

For sterile water, just boil water in a pot, while water is boiling, suck it up in the syringe and squirt it in the sink. Repeat this 2 or 3 times (sterilizes everything) then suck up a syringe full and cap, viola!
Print on foil. I fold the sides of the foil up and squirt a bit of water into the foil and stir it around a bit and suck it up (in a glove box, of course).

GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: printing question [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4378129 - 07/07/05 01:34 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

just wipe the jar with alcohol, drop cap in there and let it drop spores. Remove the cap and cover with bag. Boil some water and suck it into a syringe and squirt the cool water into the jar with the print. Now yo uhave so many cc's of heavy spore water. Boild more water and suck it into the syringe. Cool, squirt 1/2 cc into jar and swish it aroupnd and suck it up. Now you have a spore syringe with plenty or print left over

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: printing question [Re: tahoe]
    #4378135 - 07/07/05 01:37 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

or print it to paper, boil your water and make a syringe, scrape some of the spores into a clean shot glass and squirt a few drops into the glass and suck it up, its easier then you think. its not rocket science and being clean isnt super critical

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: printing question [Re: tahoe]
    #4378693 - 07/07/05 04:51 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm so you wouldnt suck up any contams that way? You dont think the method my friend came up with is efficient? I know its not difficult, I just thought you have to be even more sterile at this point

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4378845 - 07/07/05 06:51 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If there is a single contaminant on your print then it will be in your syringe. If you make 100 syringes from the print there is only a 1/100 chance of sucking it up from the print.
I always go for the centre of the print when making syringes, the logic being that the sides of the shrooms are more likely to have been handled during picking, and when the shroom is resting while the spores drop, the contams in the air are more likely to settle around the edges rather than the centre.

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: printing question [Re: blackout]
    #4378911 - 07/07/05 07:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

how many syringes can you make from one large cap?!

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
    #4380097 - 07/07/05 04:22 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

like these guys said, thats way more work than needed, i make 2 syringes per 4" print, i know thats overkill but i can get a print from the wild whenever i need it, i find that those syringes colonize MUCH faster than the ones you can buy online. and i would like to proudly say that i havent had ANY contams from any of the syringes ive made so far.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: printing question [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4380639 - 07/07/05 06:38 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

how much overkill is that? how many can you get from a 4 incher?

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
    #4381814 - 07/08/05 12:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well the syringes i make when you put them up to a light theyre purple, the ones you can buy are slightly off clear.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlineskaos
Psyplorer

#4383327 - 07/08/05 11:42 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Your wasting spores imho, more substrain fighting each others. Of course you have faster colonisation times but how much faster ??? few days ? few hours ?? waiting few more hours isnt that bad for like 4X more syringe....also read RR post about using too much spores.

skaos

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
    #4383596 - 07/08/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:

well the syringes i make when you put them up to a light theyre purple, the ones you can buy are slightly off clear.

there is no need to make syringes purple in color...it's a waste of spores IMHO.

a good rule of thumb is to use 1/4" x 1/4"(square) for one syringe.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Laminar Flow Hood

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation