Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineharpd
Passing By

Aural Hallucinations
    #4377425 - 07/06/05 10:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I was just reading up on some aural (hearing) hallucinations at this link: http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v07n1/07112bea.html .

I've had very intense aural hallucinations on mushrooms, but I've never heard voices. It's always been a buzzing or a ringing in my ears that evens out into a steady vibration. I've always thought of this as the audio frequency of mushroom tripping, although I wonder if it could be the frequency of life or the frequency that God operates on or whatever else. The first time I had a hallucination like this, I realized that I have these very frequently in my everyday (sober) life. A strange, sudden ringing in my ears that always seems to be at the same pitch. Has anyone else experienced this strange phenomenon either while tripping or in everyday life?

Peace,
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
Re: Aural Hallucinations [Re: harpd]
    #4377556 - 07/06/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

When I trip on shrooms I always here shit, not talking but like echoes from talking ppl or tvs, Ive had crazy ass music playing in my head when in complete silence, and had light jazz playing...odd
The only time I had buzzing or ringing was on "blue dawn" some drink sold at head shops....I dont remmeber much from those trips only that I heard ringing and I thought a blue wall was a river (and a friend saying some crazy shit...."where did you hide the elephant, dude?")

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

Offlinestarkes
Stranger

Re: Aural Hallucinations [Re: harpd]
    #4377655 - 07/06/05 11:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I always get a bit of an audio thing going on when i do shrooms. I guess you could call it vibration, but to me it seems more like a weird science-fiction wobble sound. not as pronounced though, more of an abient tone.

Whenever i trip, i switch between hearing that and hearing complete silence, where everything spoken stands out hugely.

In real life, when there are no other sounds around, I can always hear my ears ringing at a specific frequency. Almost everyone I know has this problem though, there just seems to be no such thing as complete silence these days.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Aural Hallucinations [Re: starkes]
    #4377993 - 07/07/05 12:54 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i hear helicopters on the beach.

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: Aural Hallucinations [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4378137 - 07/07/05 01:38 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I always get aural hallucinations on weed. On mushrooms, all sounds are distorted, but I don't think I hallucinate any of them. I always have a hard time telling what is making what sound though.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Aural Hallucinations [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4378182 - 07/07/05 01:51 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I know the vibration you are talking about. I used to call it the 'shroom motor'...but I've had some more intense spiritual trips since then and now I think its just a part of the sound of nature that is usually inaudible for us.

It's become crazily intensified on for me before while combining with nitrous. To the point where the sound became a physical sensation and I felt like the earth was communicating with me, because I blurted out some insightful connection just as the sensation climaxed. It felt like an orgasm, really.

So I believe it may be the frequency of mushrooms, or God, or mother nature. Especially if you believe in the sex/God link. "Oh God, I'm coming!"

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Aural Hallucinations [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4378541 - 07/07/05 03:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm deaf in one ear, so I tend to hear things in that ear... even sober sometimes. I can range from voices to... pretty much anything. Not anything very loud or particularily clear though. I haven't really tripped since I've been deaf in that ear, so I don't know the effects of psychedelics on that.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience