Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehansmoleman
its wheneverbitch itswhatever ho
whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping?
    #4370276 - 07/04/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

How often, just as a matter of opinion, do you think its ok to trip? Once a month? Twice? I'm just wondering since I've tripped a few times but never grown, and it seems like growing can easily yield more shrooms then i know what to do with...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesamlernihan1
Stranger

Loc: ny
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: hansmoleman]
    #4370280 - 07/04/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

as often as you want just not back back days

--------------------
i could die for you
o this life i choose
im hear to be your only go between
to tell you of the sights these eyes have seen
what i really wana do is turn it into motion beauty that i can abuse

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: samlernihan1]
    #4370360 - 07/04/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yea dont do it every day every two to three days is fine

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: BLAST_420]
    #4370454 - 07/04/05 09:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think it depends on brain chemistry. I have never been able to trip within a week after a trip, and I've tried 3 or 4 times. Althought, I never upped the dosage more than a gram from the previous time...and I've never eaten more than 4 grams ever, so YMMV.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: BLAST_420]
    #4370455 - 07/04/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

when u first start doing it youll find u wanna do it every day and u wonder, shit am i havin too much, how often should i be doing this?...

But as time goes on youll find u will fall back 2 once/week/fortnight/month until u find a comfortable gap.

Shrooms arnt addictive as such but it is an expereince u wanna keep repeatin once u first had it, i couldnt imagine being straight after my first time :P
But dun worry most ppl dun quit thier jobs and become full time psilocybin centerlink junkies :wink:

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4370581 - 07/04/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Tripping will tell you when youve had to much of it.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4370611 - 07/04/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Tripping will tell you when youve had to much of it.

i agree, there's only one period in my life when i felt i've overdone psychedelics (in my case that was 4 or 5 times in a month, i know others do it much more often), and it was almost as if the trips began turning against me.

i had to leave it for a few months, partly worried that i'd ruined psychedelics for myself for good, but the next trip was right back on track.

i do think it's very different from person to person as to how much you can handle, but it's a universal rule than over-indulgence in one thing is never good, and i personally would consider tripping once a week or more to be a potentially dangerous practice.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: ajna]
    #4370992 - 07/05/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I trip a minimum of two weeks apart. but usually i trip 2 or 3 times a month.

--------------------

OI OI OI

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: hansmoleman]
    #4371482 - 07/05/05 07:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

totally depends on the person. i think for most people about once a month would be the most beneficial. it also depends on how hard you trip; if you're having strong trips, then leave more space between them.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: alsey]
    #4371585 - 07/05/05 08:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Depends on how many shrooms/money you have too. I keep it at least a month apart just to keep my tolerance down. I like to get off on a 1/16, which seems hard to do more than once a month.

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4373946 - 07/05/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Back when i was growing full force me and my friends took a day off of work every week and had a tripping day. A very nice break from the normal week. Even if i didn't talk to them all week we would meet up every week on thursday for the weekly trip. I kinda stopped growing them so that quit out. Now i trip very rarely as i am moving soon and cant grow them and you cant find them in this town.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: carl]
    #4374287 - 07/06/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would say that once a week is too much, keep at about once every 2 weeks. But your best bet would be to do it just once a month, that's what I like to do.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4374805 - 07/06/05 04:39 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Theres an easy answer to this:

Ten trips in a year, no matter how you spread it between the months is the maximum amount of trips if you want to retain profundity and potency to your trips.

People tend to think that once you get high again, you can do it again. Not so. Your high will become evermore shallow because of psychological tolerance. The Shroomery average is 1/8 oz once every 2 months.

I myself use 0.25-2gr every 1-3 months.

Ask stoners. The first times they smoked pot it was this great wonderful drug, but later on it became The Daily Whatever. And if a stoner doesnt smoke for a year and then smokes again.. it is a particularly potent variety of The Daily Whatever.
Psychological tolerance may destroy the value of mushrooms forever. Mushrooms can amaze, dazzle and even inspire you and fill you with awe.
Don't turn them into The Weekly Whatever.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: Asante]
    #4375460 - 07/06/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If I have a good strong trip, I seem to automatically know that it'll be a few weeks before I'll want to trip again.

I tried to trip yesterday... but we fucked up the tea. So I'll try again the second I have money to buy em.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: MeThoD]
    #4375642 - 07/06/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

everyday is an illusion so, everyday, but maybe its not....reality....eyes all stuffed up ha ha!

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Offlinehansmoleman
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: Asante]
    #4377392 - 07/06/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i kind of DISagree with seeker about doing only 10 trips a year and no more; i think its silly to try to keep the same high you had your first trip. something i learned while tripping is that you have to enjoy what you have while you can and nothing lasts...so i think its better to trip more then 10 times (if you want to) because hell i wanna trip while i'm still young. if you try to maintain the same high forever, you'll only be disappointed when you can't; its better to let go of that desire and just enjoy it while it lasts

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4377684 - 07/06/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just because you get older doesn't mean you can't trip. you may lose mushroom connections, but you can always grow them.

i took around 8 trips in the last year and they started to lose their kick, a lot less of a mental trip in the later ones. i took an eighth a couple of nights ago for the first time in a couple of months and i barely tripped. i'd definitely wouldn't suggest tripping more than 10 times a year, as it will lose a lot of it's meaning, and the trips become weaker. just because you're young doesnt give you the excuse to over indulge.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4377694 - 07/06/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno, I havent experience that much tripping imo but I have tripped off various drugs this year about 13 times and since Im doing different things each time I dont think its becoming dull ....although shrooms trips one night after eachother really screws up the second one...So I say ...5 trips max a month as long as you mix the drugs

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

Offlinehansmoleman
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4379517 - 07/07/05 11:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well i'm still not sure i agree, but you have given me something to think about. still, my point is that you only did 8 trips in a year and they still lost thier "kick," it seems they will lose their kick no matter what so why not enjoy it while you can. at the same time i agree with limiting the amount of trips to a reasonable number so that you can take advantage of good trips for longer

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4379838 - 07/07/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hansmoleman said:
i kind of DISagree with seeker about doing only 10 trips a year and no more; i think its silly to try to keep the same high you had your first trip. something i learned while tripping is that you have to enjoy what you have while you can and nothing lasts...so i think its better to trip more then 10 times (if you want to) because hell i wanna trip while i'm still young. if you try to maintain the same high forever, you'll only be disappointed when you can't; its better to let go of that desire and just enjoy it while it lasts

I agree. I havnt been around as long as WS though, but it was a weekly thing for me for a while, long before I grew them...then I stopped for a while because I felt I learned enough. Started growing again and the first tirp off them was great, had forgotten alot about what it was, and remembered alot of things that I needed to know and remember. I do it alot less now, stomach cant handle it..and acid is back too.. I think everything I've done with tripping has been great, made me who and what I am today and I think I needed every one of them.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate