Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJeff_Original
Stranger
Re: When friends freak out... [Re: justthiz]
    #436996 - 10/25/01 09:21 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

when friends freak out, it is a very bad thing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinesINcere
Stranger
    #436998 - 10/25/01 09:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah i totally understand ur post. I get that feeling a lot. Once on shrooms all alone, I couldn't quite remember what it is i did to fill up my time. I was saying to myself , that i couldn't imagine there is else to do but trip on shrooms. I couln't recall anything about myself or my 'friends'. All that seemed pretty insignificant. I was in ecstatic bliss and it was the "only" thing to do. Then i started hearing the mushroom man talk back to me, and it got a little freaky.

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
Re: When friends freak out... [Re: sINcere]
    #437231 - 10/26/01 12:51 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I've never been around anyone who 'freaked out lost it ' but my own worst experiences have always been around people I just didn't feel comfortable with...in situations I felt were beyond my control. i.e. feeling stuck at some dumbass' house with no ride.Or the drug comes on quicker than you thought and you're stuck driving on the highways when it seems too dangerous to 'blend' or take your eyes off the road etc.Sometimes I just have too much shit on my mind too...and I know that tripping would open like TEN cans of worms when I'm trying to deal with five already.I think the experience of forgetting 'who' you are is called 'ego loss'...and can be quite fun. DXM did this to me frequently and ruthlessly...ever heard of janus vu (i think it's called)
it's where you sorta 'forget' what common things are...like your stove and your face ...you remember the NAME but everything else is COM-PLETELY ALIEN all the same.
I can still remember looking in what I ,somehow, remembered was a 'mir-ror' and being absolutely HORRIFIED by what was staring (horrified) back at me.
It was ...just........very...very...weird!

Edited by Elvish (10/26/01 12:54 AM)

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: When friends freak out... [Re: Elvish]
    #437251 - 10/26/01 01:01 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

yes a lot seems normal, though at the same time very alien and unfamiliar (hence why it can get scary, you just aren't used to all this new shit that's happening, and you can't just run away or close your eyes, it stays with you). On my 3 1/2 hit acid trip I was trying to turn the TV off right after the peak ended because I couldn't stand the ending of Alice in Wonderland (at the time, that is, I started really bad tripping for reasons I have explained many times before), it was just too depressing and made my trip that much worse. well i picked up the remote control and stared at it for like 5 minutes (literally) trying to figure out which one was the power button (it looked like a giant cartoon control) so i just assumed that pushing buttons would turn it off somehow. luckily i did, but it took me fuckin forever. and the next day i looked at the remote and it says POWER in giant letters, which i apparently didnt see the night before, hehe. kinda makes me feel stupid

mirrors are a very common cause for bad tripping, as many people see very disturbing shit in mirrors (I usually see spikes coming out of my morphing face, which doesn't look like me at all, it's frightening) If you are on a trip where you are already confused about what is what and who is who, then looking in a mirror is just the worst idea ever. its best to leave your own body out of the whole tripping experience (aside from moving and talking occassionally) and just look at everything else. if "you" aren't there then there is nothing to be scared of

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: When friends freak out... [Re: HB]
    #437390 - 10/26/01 02:48 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah i think that's true ... if you start to think too much about your body. You can find a lot to worry about i guess.
What's very strange is the feeling i got in my stomach after or during the peak experience... first it all builed up and became very intense...and very good... then for some reason (maybe my buddy freaking out) i got a bubbeling scrambling feeling of my intestins... this feeling wasn't painfull....but it felt as though my intestins and belly was crawling around inside me... i don't know if this is because i was nauseaus or because it happened because my buddy freaked out...
It's a very strange feeling like your some kind of blubber inside... anyone else experiences this ? and if it isn't due to bad feelings...could it be due to the mushrooms making your stomach upset ?

thx

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #437482 - 10/26/01 07:21 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

where am i?
here
what time is it?
now
who am i?
one of us
wtf is happening to me?
you are tripping because of taking a psychedelic; it will pass eventually
~
that oughta unswirl 'em, dontcha think...
~~
or ya could just jump 'em, lace 'em up in a straight jacket, and pump 'em fulla thorazine... or not...
~~~
engaging the sensorium... putting on some mellow music, having a simple snack (fresh fruit or some juice, or a cup of herbal tea or hot cocoa), a hug and encouraging words ("we're here with you and everythings OK"), an offer of a calming medication ("would you like 10 mg of valium, or 250 mg of niacinamide?" (assuming that niacinamide is more than a "mere placebo")...), turn down the light and light a few candles, read appropriate passages form relevant texts (leary's _psychedelic prayers_ has some nice verses), offer a foot massage, have a nice glass of mulled wine, have them stand barefoot on the earth (& tell them it will allow the to become grounded...)
hell, some of these suggestions might even work ,heh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinechargrt
journeyman
    #437652 - 10/26/01 12:30 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"And I love the queen...and what exactly ... is a dream?"

Woah I dunno if I beaming but I don't I saw Syd Barrett pop his head in this forum...man

hehe...PEACE

--------------------
Invoke the One together, so Both may disappear.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #437692 - 10/26/01 01:15 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

All I do is talk to my friends when they freak out. I think too many people see that their friend is freaking out and they think "well, that dude just can't handle it. If I try and talk them down it is just going to fuck up my trip."

If you're really a friend to this person, all they really need is your support. Freaking out is really just a matter of getting caught up in the muck that is in your mind; fear, doubt, sadness, etc. If you have faith in yourself, your trip, and your friend that is freaking out, you should go talk to them, as you should whenever they feel shitty about themselves.

On my last trip, which was real intense, one of my friends just completely freaked out. I was having an amazing trip, and didn't want to feel his bad vibes, but I sat him down by a tree and talked to him for a long time. I was feeling completely positive and happy, and I could tell that simply my presence and the attention I was paying him helped him out a lot. I ended up having a better trip because I felt like I conquered his hang-ups for him. It made a connection.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract