Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
So I went to the music shop today...
    #4376485 - 07/06/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

And got all hand drum happy.

I ordered my first set of tablas todays, with a cool case and stuff.  I also got a set of natural colored bongos.  I am excited to see them when they arrive.

I have never ordered percussion without playing the instrument before, so I am hoping everything works out.

Also the guy who owns he music shop invited Adamist and I to play with him during his Blues jam sesh tonight at this place called the "Wonderful's basement".  So we are looking for some dinner, some good beer, and some snychronizzin with some african and middle eastern hand drummin tonight!  :smile:

Never jammed with someone I dont know...
And havent done too much percussion in front of people.

Who knows, this could be the clean vibes big break, lol.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: So I went to the music shop today... [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4376508 - 07/06/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

do you know how to play drums or are you one
of those trustafarians that drops 4 bills on drums
so they can carry them around and cacophonically
bang the shit out of them at drum circles?

tablas....that's not something to take lightly.

they are an intricate instrument and are quite
quiet, which almost forces you to mic them in
anything but the most intimate of settings.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: So I went to the music shop today... [Re: afoaf]
    #4376556 - 07/06/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah man I actually play.

Of course there are people better than me, but that happens with anything and everything you try.

i have been playing drums non stop for over a year and a half now, and take music very seriously...I have studies double bass for two years and plan on majoring in music edu.

i already own a nice hand carved 14 in head djembe, a small middle eastern doumbek, and have this crazy shamanic double sided drum (dont know the name) that was a traveling gift to me and adamist.

if you are curious as to how we sound, please click on the link in my signature.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: So I went to the music shop today... [Re: afoaf]
    #4376591 - 07/06/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Tablas are indeed not something to take lightly. I owned a set for about a year, and found the complexities too difficult to master, so I passed them on to a friend. They are extremely sensitive and require all kinds of finger dexterity, and aren't an ideal drum to be played in a drum circle, unless with other tablas.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: So I went to the music shop today... [Re: Adamist]
    #4376606 - 07/06/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i used to go to rendom drum jams with my big concert didge....

some of the best moments of my life....

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: So I went to the music shop today... [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4376632 - 07/06/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I bought a didge for adamist the other day, but obviously it was meant for decoration or something, or the wood dried up and cracked during the shipping, and i didnt notice it, so i took it back...

i went to a didge workshop a few months ago, very cool. i learned alot of neat things, but it sure does take alotta practice to put it to good soundful use.

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4376640 - 07/06/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yup,i've been making them for about a year now...been playing for a few more.....

some of those cheap ass bamboo ones can be great,before i started makking them,i used one all the time....

:sun:

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

#4376647 - 07/06/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Tablas are indeed not something to take lightly. I owned a set for about a year, and found the complexities too difficult to master, so I passed them on to a friend. They are extremely sensitive and require all kinds of finger dexterity, and aren't an ideal drum to be played in a drum circle, unless with other tablas.

Agreed.  i was never planning on busting them out at circles, they are for my own personal experimenting basis.

I am looking to expand my percussional attributes, and I would like to further study it in college.  i talked with my old music teacher just yesterday, and she gave me alotta heads up on percussion and bass, and how she encourages me to put my gifts and energies into the right places.  im ecstatic, i cannot wait to start with the local community orchestras here and get back into music classes! :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4376659 - 07/06/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it's so meditative...the sound and the breathing.

plus they have no expectation of rhythm...so you can
do whatever the hell you want with them in a circle.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Love is like a train...
Female

#4376664 - 07/06/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow! Cool, you wanna trade? Um, lets see if Adamist and I can dig somethin up, lol.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4376715 - 07/06/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I wonder how much it would cost to ship a didge?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4376730 - 07/06/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it's not tooo bad,i've shipped one to my Bro. in Tn...i forgot the price though,sorry....

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

#4376773 - 07/06/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Its a good idea man, lol.

in honor of the pirates.

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#4376779 - 07/06/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

my ex left her djambe (sp?) here a few months ago, said she was gonna come get it, or shed send me the cash to mail it.. neither has happened so im thinkin of sellin it in the months to come..

how much are these bad boys worth?

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: So I went to the music shop today... [Re: Yarry]
    #4376892 - 07/06/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you could give it to me as a gift yarry :grin:  :lol:...nah jus kidding.

it depends on the woods, the size, the skin, the condition, etc.  do you have a pic?  or any info on it?

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#4376912 - 07/06/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hold up, ill check it out. cant get a pic now, my moms got the cam

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#4376945 - 07/06/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

alright, so id say its about 2 feet tall, looks to be made outta one piece of wood. as for the skin i have no clue how to tell.. it sounds quite nice IMO, and looks pretty decent. has a strap attachd and shit.

no idea what more there is to these things.

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: So I went to the music shop today... [Re: Yarry]
    #4377214 - 07/06/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well, when you get a chance, send me a pic. does it look hand made or manufactured?

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4377226 - 07/06/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My babies. :heart:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: So I went to the music shop today... [Re: blissedout]
    #4377243 - 07/06/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

nice....

i gotta a djembe from a friend,i think it's new....but it sounds great,and it's got an awesome dot-painting,all Aborigine style....

:sun:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale