Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Strains - And their slight differences.
    #4375782 - 07/06/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've up until this point, believed that all cubes grew the same. OR atleast that it didn't matter what you used, they could ALL get a certain size,width,weight ect ect.

I've grown on brf.....brf spawned to straw...wbs....and wbs to straw...

Here's some things I noticed...Doesn't PROVE anything I know....Just thought that it was rather...curious :wink:

O/I - The have really round-ish caps, the stem Can get really thick-like....And Very damn striaght. So far it's the only one that had ALL striaght mushies on it with beautiful lookin stems...And the caps were mildly light...

K.S.S - When they're young...They're stems get FAT....I like the nickname. "Fatasses" the best because it depictes them PERFECTLY...When they get big, their caps typically get specks on them, kinda of reminds me of animita's , just not as dark red-ish...Very beautiful looking....

I've got some others but I've gotta get going.

Just hoping to compile together with everyones exp. with difference strains....something to have fun with i guess :wink:

tnkx.

-Gnostic

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Strains - And their slight differences. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4375798 - 07/06/05 03:13 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I say this alot, but I think PF is rather twisty. I see the stems consistently shoot off in crazy directions. I really enjoy when they end up curly-queing and spiraling around themselves.

Pictures of other PF classics grown always seem to have that same characteristic twist.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4375825 - 07/06/05 03:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Problem is, a strain isnt a strain, but a name is a name. If a vendor sends out syringes to people, then those people grow them out in conditions and they get sent out and so on and so forth, the mycelium and genetics are bound to change. I've watched many strains from many growlogs...and I've grown out 16 now...a 17th will fruit soon...and while sometimes there are similarities...there are plenty and plenty of differences that appear when the strain name is the same, and conditions are the same..but the conditions were probably different for the people that we got our prints from, and before that and so on and so forth.. Most strains do end up similar, with slight differences but there are definate major differences that are held within the genetics... Everytime I grow from the same print, I can expect similar results. Doesnt mean someone with the same name will get the same results though, I have seen many pictures on the contrary. I've used many combos of the popluar substrates too...substrate definatly changes alot of the way the strain reacts.

Also...after many G2G generations...the mushrooms change...but the genetics are held from there. I grew alot of Z's when I started...and they were different looking then after 4 G2G generations. When the myc was fruited, they were all midget shrooms, grown the same way, but fat assed caps. Thick as hell and still very nice yeilding. A LC made from a grain from a peice of that, would fruit that way every time...spores would be different. I dont have to many Z pictures, my camera didnt work well at the time..

Normal Z's:

Mutated

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strains - And their slight differences. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4375845 - 07/06/05 03:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

That last mutant looks like a huge whitehead zit, begging to be popped!

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Strains - And their slight differences. [Re: blackout]
    #4375892 - 07/06/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well here's what I've seen.

I got pink buffalo and lipa yai (along with a bunch others) from the little guy. I did 10 jars with pink buffalo, 2 with lipa yai. The pink buffalos have been goin for 15 days about, the lipas for 10. One of the lipa's is almost all the way colonized, the best pink bufallo is reaching 50%. None of my pink buffalos germinated at more than 2 of the 4 innoc sites and didnt show any growth for a week, the lipas were germinated at all sites, showing growth after 3 days. Both sets of jars were done with the same ingredients (same bags) and same incubation chamber

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Strains - And their slight differences. [Re: lardnar]
    #4376113 - 07/06/05 04:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm...I totally Agree with ya Scat :thumbup:

I'd just like to give it a whirl and post of some stuff....Nothing greatly scientific, but just things that i've and others have noticed...then post about it and see how others results were....kinda compare em...lol :wink:

And Lardar, i'm leaning more towards fruit bodies and such, versus mycelium colonization.....To be honest, i haven't really noticed much difference in that, esp. when you use lc's and/or isolates...

:grin:

Anyways, thanks for the replies and keep those results coming in.

Tnkx everyone, take it easy , :beer: :smirk:

-Gnostic

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4376177 - 07/06/05 05:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Might be fun to make a post called,like, B+. Everybody can post their pic's of that strain and we could see all the differences we all get.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Strains - And their slight differences. [Re: HippieChick]
    #4376290 - 07/06/05 05:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Pictures are def. a plus.

-Gnostic

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Strains - And their slight differences. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4377312 - 07/06/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

there are more then subtle CONSISTENT differences between strains...even in the mycelium...theres no doubt about this...but I agree with scatman...no one REALLY knows what they have...this is why I think a database with all the subtleties(sp?) listed for each strain would be helpful...and not vendor hype shit either...real info

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Strains - And their slight differences. [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4377321 - 07/06/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Don't forget about the FRC's and places like it.

They get sent prints all the time. They aren't 100% sure what they are, not saying it's their fault - More so the people who donate.

So it makes it that much more difficult.

But hey, it's a start :wink:

-Gnostic

OfflineBurmeseman
Stranger
    #4377540 - 07/06/05 10:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone seams to have their own opinions on Ecuador's as well which seams to validate just what everyone is saying. I'm someone who is set in their ways, I know what I like and I don't change much so my substrate is fairly consistent but as a strain man I'm an Ecuador man and I like them personally, I think their great but everyone seams to have their own opinion of them and I know where you get your spores from does matter.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4378032 - 07/07/05 01:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:
Don't forget about the FRC's and places like it.

They get sent prints all the time. They aren't 100% sure what they are, not saying it's their fault - More so the people who donate.

So it makes it that much more difficult.

But hey, it's a start :wink:

-Gnostic

Not even that, but vendors too dont know what theyre getting. ASFIK, most all of them use spore wholesalers, a bunch of growers who they buy prints from cheaper and sell them as syringes or resell them individually. I'm not sure exactly how many growers each place uses but I'd imagine the genetics come in from quite a few places.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation