Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoc420
Stranger
festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions
    #4370555 - 07/04/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hi All,
Im on a small medical staff for a music festival and was looking for the slang terms for drugs and mixtures of drugs. also looking for normal reactions to those drugs and how people have delt with those trips......please help fast i leave for my next fest in 3 days!!!!

peace,
doc420

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: doc420]
    #4370632 - 07/04/05 10:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That would be way to hard to type up but try going to erowid.com ,and start reading.

Ohhh and you are smart for doing this. Research is key.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4370674 - 07/04/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Definitely a good idea to do some research if you are going to know how to help people, I would say your biggest will probably be phenethylamine research chemicals such as 2CE, 2Ci, etc. Possibly (most likely) sold as mescaline. Small gel caps with a dusting of powder, sold as mescaline.

Look out for people getting sick after taking liquid "acid", as it could possibly be 5-Meo-AMT. This chem has been associated with some OD deaths, but more likely than not it will just make someone feel an uncomfortable body load with nausea, etc.

If you encounter people having a bad experience on more traditional psychedelics (mushrooms, LSD, etc) best thing to do would be to have them with their friends, give them some orange juice or something, and have them try to relax, assure them that they took a drug and will be fine, to just relax and enjoy themselves. A small dose of a benzodiazepine can also seriously take the edge off a bad trip.

Physically, more traditional psychedelics are very safe, a patient will not be at risk for physical harm, unless he/she does something to injure themselves. The RCs are a bit more uncertain, as there isn't as much data on these substances for the most part. 5-Meo-AMT has caused deaths, phenethylamine RCs have caused deaths.

Hope this helps, if you need to know anything else, don't hesitate.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4371497 - 07/05/05 07:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml

that should tell you most of the slang and the effects of various drugs.

here's another good site (more newb friendly than erowid, but much less comprehensive). it has some good but very brief info on drug combos:

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/

as gdman said, what you need to watch out for are the RCs. if someone claims to have taken a particular drug, and its doing something that it isn't supposed to, chances are they took an RC.

the drugs you're most likely to encounter at festivals will be stuff like acid, ecstacy, mushrooms. cocaine and amphetamines too. mabye nitrous. and of course, cannabis.

if someone is having a bad time on acid or mushrooms, don't treat it as a medical problem. they just need a place to chill out.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: alsey]
    #4372034 - 07/05/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

so what exactly is your job? I'm hoping it has nothing to do with the police, because someone freaking out on drugs, unable to handle the experience.... is going to be catapulted into absolute total insanity unfathomable to the human imagination if the police get involved.

if you're just helping medically and trying to calm people down though that's great...... are you in the US? Or a more drug tolerant country?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: leery11]
    #4372532 - 07/05/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Try this: http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v11n2/11214doy.html It's specifically for concerts, festivals and events. I haven't read it, but it was in the FAQ, so it must be good.

This also does a good job describing what happens to a tripping person and the best way to help them through it and, more importantly, what NOT to do!! Only it's a book and I don't really have the time to find the exact chapter that the relevant info is in, sorry. It's a GREAT read, though, so it'll do anyone good to read the whole thing anyway!! I'll look it over tonight and try to find the exact chapter....
http://www.maps.org/secretchief/scchpt1.html

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4373979 - 07/05/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Schapper I like your links. I read the medical staff one and this one quote just struck me with aw.

Quote:

Criminalization limits the possible interpretations of psychedelic experience, leaving users to a recreational model that does not speak to the emotional or spiritual issues that can arise, or to the process of integrating psychedelic experience into the rest of one's life.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4375302 - 07/06/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Psychedelic problems usually center around anxiety. In that case reassurance goes a long way. "what comes from inside can't really hurt you, it will all go away, just relax" is a good mantra. Even for those very few with whom it won't go away (psychotics) the reassurance will be helpful.

Psychedelics will make people act, talk and look odd, inadequate and distracted. It usually dilates the pupils of the eyes.
If someone however is having conversations with nonexistent persons and appears to get answers, hands them things and accepts objects from them or sees lifelike monsters etc. then it is not a psychedelic state but usually one of either psychosis or a toxic delirium, in both cases you'd best hand them over for hospitalization asap.

Have buckets of cool (not cold!) water handy. If someone is overheating (which is bad) you let them take off their shirt and drape a cool wet towel over their shoulders and back. Use an ear thermometer to quickly get a reading on body temperature. If fever runs dangerously high do not hesitate to soak their clothes completely.

If people are dehydrated don't give them water but a mixture of 1/10 fruit juice in water. Since dehydration and overheating go hand in hand see if you can get it cold. Watch out for water intoxication, but this is less likely to happen because the fruit juice adds electrolytes and glucose.

Ideally you have three tents: One for physical first aid, one for psychological emergencies and one "chill-out" place for the not quite well but stabilized crowd.

The "freakers" would disturb the "chillers" and get more upset by the "physicals".

The "Physicals" have potential to freak but might thenselves freak the "Chillers"

If there are difficulties in the organizing then you might combine "Freakers" and "Chillers" but keep them away from the "Physicals" because the people who get in bad trips have a great fear that it is in fact a medical situation, and often feel like a medical crisis is happening to them.

Deputize friends of the ill. If you can't, get a charming crewmember to get some volunteers from the crowd. If there is much Ecstasy going around there will be an abundance of people who want to help out.

Drunks and those who appear drunk must not be allowed to go to sleep but rather be involved in something that keeps them awake.

Wear a kind of "hip uniform" like a black T-shirt that says STAFF in bold white letters so that people take you as an authority figure, but not need fear getting arrested.

If its an outdoor event get a BBQ going, not for food, but to toss confiscated drugs into. Drugs, even if confiscated, are a legal liability for all involved. Indoors make a couple of buckets of water to toss the drugs into. If you add a cup of chlorox to a bucket it reeks like pure chlorox and adds to the destruction of the drugs. Periodically flush their contents in the loo.

-----

If somebody goes violent try to keep at least 10ft between them and you and others. If its allowed where you are keep a cannister of pepperspray (not mace) at hand. This must NOT be a fogger but a squirter and best of the best would be pepperspray with (sticky)foam which squirts a jet of fiery teargas that sticks and does not splatter. Its so safe even in confined spaces that many taxicab drivers rely on it. Pepperspray is incredibly painful and must be removed immediately at the first opportunity where its safe to do so.

Immobilizing people is highly controversial and may lead to lawsuits. If the going gets really rough roll them in several blankets or sheets while security is called in.

-----

Mushrooms, LSD -- fear and freaking out.
Ecstasy -- overheating and dehydration
Cocaine & Amphetamines -- fear, aggression, freaking and cardiac toxicity
Heroin and downers -- unresponsiveness, coma, respiratory depression, may carry used needles
PCP, DXM, Ketamine -- a bit of all of the above, profound confusion.
Alcohol -- aggression, confusion, coma, respiratory depression, vomiting during unrousable sleep

Well thats a list :frown:  I hope there'll be little use for your skills and you get time to catch some tunes.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinedoc420
Stranger
Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: Asante]
    #4375754 - 07/06/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hi yall,

thanks for all of tyhe help....
the fests that i work are in the states on private land and i have been working them for about 4 years now....but we are getting a lot of new people to help so i was looking for stuff i could print out and have them read in our down times. plus we are getting a lot of new slang terms that i am unaware of. also we are getting people doing lots of different mixtures of different drugs so we were really looking for terms and effects. like hippie flippin and terms like that. but thanks again and if anyone else knows of any other website please post them. thanks

Edited by doc420 (07/06/05 12:56 PM)

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4376454 - 07/06/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

candyflip = acid+ecstacy
hippyflip/flowerflip/other variations = acid+ecstacy or mushrooms+ecstacy

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: alsey]
    #4387406 - 07/09/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ive always heard and used the term "TRolling" for an acid or shroom combo with ecstacy.

--------------------

Offlinedoc420
Stranger
Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4405809 - 07/14/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for all the help.........please keep posting any other websites yall know of! the more i can read the better!

peace,
doc

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #4405935 - 07/14/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

as far as websites with drug info erowid.org is pretty much a one stop shop. wiccan seeker's should provide alot of helpful tips. another thing, a fairly common sympotom of RCs is shaky hands/jidders and feeling cold.

--------------------
:goose:

Offlinesamlernihan1
Stranger

Loc: ny
Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: Dimmy]
    #4405961 - 07/14/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

im pretty sure acid and E is called candyfliping.

--------------------
i could die for you
o this life i choose
im hear to be your only go between
to tell you of the sights these eyes have seen
what i really wana do is turn it into motion beauty that i can abuse

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: festival medical staff looking for drug slang and reactions [Re: samlernihan1]
    #4406032 - 07/14/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow.. thats the first time ive ever heard someone say trolling on this website.. thats what its called here in florida where im from.. not hippyflippy candycrappy jargon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals