Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA]
    #4375621 - 07/06/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Mom's message turns into drug bust
July 6, 2005 - record-bee.com

McKINLEYVILLE -- A mother who asked the Humboldt County Sheriff's Department to deliver a message to her son Sunday led authorities to 25 pounds of marijuana, hash, methamphetamine and more than $5,000.

The Sheriff's Department said a deputy was delivering the message, to Gabriel Steven Rodriguez, 26, at his home on the 2200 block of Silverbrook Avenue because his mother could not get in touch with him.

When the deputy arrived Rodriguez said he was OK and that he had lost his cell phone, so he couldn't contact his mother.

While the deputy was talking to Rodriguez he smelled marijuana and asked for permission to search the home. Rodriguez gave him permission and the deputy found more than 25 pounds of marijuana drying around the house.

Two other men, Nicholas William Arnett, 23, and Victor James Wellington, 27, were also in the home.

The deputy called in the Sheriff's Drug Enforcement Unit, which arrived and found the hash, the meth and evidence that indicated pot was being processed into hash at the house. Deputies also found $5,020 in cash.

All three were arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale.

An arrest warrant is also being sought for Dieter Paul Delpardo, 21, who also lived at the address, but was not home at the time.

He may have already been in the Humboldt County Jail because the Arcata Police Department said officers arrested Delpardo Saturday night when he was pulled over on the 1900 block of G Street for going the wrong way down a one-way street.

The Arcata Police Department said Officer Ben Whetstine smelled marijuana coming from the car. He searched the car and allegedly found psilocybin mushrooms, LSD, marijuana, powdered cocaine and "another substance believed to be a potent hallucinogen."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #4375633 - 07/06/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

good ole family and the fuzz, they go hand in hand these days.

i wonder what the other "substance" was, haha.

sucks to be that guy and his friends....

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA] [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4375643 - 07/06/05 02:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"Sure officer! C'mon in!"

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA] [Re: blink]
    #4375654 - 07/06/05 02:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Haha, yeah...

But i mean, it woulda been a hassle either way, i think.

they would try to get everything off of the premisses, knowing that they are probably under supervision from then on due police suspicion.

bah it all sucks and they most likely woulda went down anyways

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA] [Re: blink]
    #4375663 - 07/06/05 02:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blinkidiot said:
"Sure officer! C'mon in!"

yea thats what i was wondering... if you knew you had all that shit layin around why would you let him in??

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA] [Re: Yarry]
    #4375679 - 07/06/05 02:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

cause he was gonna get busted anyways?

maybe he didnt speak ery good english?

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#4375684 - 07/06/05 02:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

dont the cops have to leave and go back to a courthouse to get a warrant? i woulda stalled as best i could and tried to get rid of stuff.. although it prolly wouldnt have work

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA] [Re: Yarry]
    #4375687 - 07/06/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

yeah they could leave, but that doesnt mean that the house wouldnt have been watched during that time. the man is everywhere, especially when they are sspicious of the drug world.

--------------------

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
I've got nothing
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4376100 - 07/06/05 04:47 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"Damnit Mom!" *Sniff Sniff*

D'oh! I think mommy had something to do with it. I smell rat pie. This story doesnt tell it all unfortunately. I mean, HELLO, mommy had to of known where he lived if the cops knew where to go to deliver this message. Anyway, I would like to know what was so damn important you had to have the cops deliver a message for you.

First of all, why would a cop even bother with this? The guy is 26, not a minor. Can police legally do that(deliver a message in a non emergency)? sounds like a waste of tax dollars to me. I never knew cops where messenger boys. Go figure.
If there was nothing in return for the police, you know damn straight they would say, "we can't doing anything about it ma'am!"

*angry mommy*
"rat rat rat rat rat rat rat"

*coppers*
".....your son has WHAT in his house!?!?
.....to the batcave!!"

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4376217 - 07/06/05 05:16 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Cops do 'knock and talks' all the time.

Once they know you are smart enough to know your rights then they usually don't fuck with you unless they have something concrete.

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #4377921 - 07/07/05 12:27 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

While the deputy was talking to Rodriguez he smelled marijuana and asked for permission to search the home. Rodriguez gave him permission and the deputy found more than 25 pounds of marijuana drying around the house.

Yet another person most likely stoned out of their mind and forgetting their basic rights.. Was it worth his freedom? All he had to say was no, you may not come in.. You don't even have to give a reason why... The cop will have to have a warrant issued, which normally takes some time, most often giving the people time to get the stuff out of the house... This demonstrates why if your growing you need to be a genius, not a fucking idiot! All lessons will be learned...let's hope mine are not this hard.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Mom's message turns into drug bust [CA] [Re: Organic]
    #4378076 - 07/07/05 01:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

People are so fucking stupid it's scary. If this dude even knew a fraction of his rights he could have avoided this.
Oh well, let the idiots get arrested. It diverts attention away from us. :wink:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service