Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSirAustin
Stranger

ClockWork Orange * 1
    #4374936 - 07/06/05 09:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Seriously that movie, the sound track, all of it. Its amazing. I just tripped hardcore with some friends while watching that movie for the first time, and oh my god, it is perhaps one of the most awesome movies ive ever seen. Some parts are gross (rape scene) but all in all, it is the weirdest most mind bending movie ive seent to date. Just all of it, it like makes perfect sense when you tripping.

But what i wanted to say is

1) If you havent seen this movie, get high, and see it. I dont usually smoke weed and only anually do shrooms, but this is seriously the coolest thing in the world. A must reccomend for all you people out there.

2) Is there any other movies like that out there to rent/buy? Ive never seen sucha trippier movie, i seriously think it is the most trippy movie out to date. The whole feel of it, with the fake eyelashes he wears and the way they dress and how the lights are done and everything, i just dont understand how it gets any better. So the question is, are there any movies remotely like this? Because seriously that made me and my friends night, that movie, it blew our minds. How there isn't a headache worth's of scenes, just long flowing scenes that connect with each other that portray the madness of Clockwork Orange.

Lastly, the Clockwork Orange theme song is so awesome. Anyone know what band plays that song or know of any other bands or musical artists that play music like that? The trippy, mind twisting orchestra stuff that it is (i seriously cant explain the music).

And what the hell does ClockWork Orange stand for?

Well thats my 2 cents, we watched it about 4 hours ago and its 6:10 in the morning and we still cant go to sleep, we just sit here and talk about the movie and how good of a find it was. It is seriously the most unique movie ive ever seen. So go watch it and see for yourself what im raving about.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: ClockWork Orange [Re: SirAustin]
    #4374984 - 07/06/05 09:41 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You do nto have to be fucked up to enjoy that movie. It is an excellent movie sober.

OfflineSirAustin
Stranger

Re: ClockWork Orange [Re: killme]
    #4374988 - 07/06/05 09:45 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Its a good movie no matter what, but man, it sure makes it a lot trippier when you've smoked.

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
    #4375790 - 07/06/05 03:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Requiem for a Dream is another awesome movie.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Offlinel33tmouse
Stranger
Re: ClockWork Orange [Re: BrekkFu]
    #4375814 - 07/06/05 03:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BrekkFu said:

hahaha... no.... that movie ended my "happy" view of the world of drugs.... i have yet to do an upper since.....
Movie made me cry and almost vomit it was hitting way way way to close to home :smile:
that show definatly showed me a thing or two about feeling shitty about yourself :/  I right in the middle of my coke/oxy binge when i saw it..... messed me up man

OfflineHarryFlashmanVC
That BeastlyFlashy

Loc: Suffolk, England
    #4376535 - 07/06/05 06:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

A great film. You should read the book thats excellent too.

Watched the film for the first time whilst stoned at University. The fucking trippy thing is that a lot of that film was shot at my University Campus! UEA in Norwich England. All of the exterior shots of Alexs tower blocks homes was on our campus. The house where they rape the woman was a residential block we had friends in. We used to go rowing on the river where they dunk Alex.

Trippy as!

There's lots of shithot films out there. Perhaps you'd like another Kubrick film. Imo Eyes Wide Shut is Amazing.

Ps. The music. I what you're referring to is electrified versions of Beethove. The 5th Symphony I think. And a "clockwork orange" is a phrase that means something wholesome on the outside but mechanical and alien within.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: ClockWork Orange [Re: BrekkFu]
    #4376899 - 07/06/05 07:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BrekkFu said:

ugh i hate that movie. saw it once, liked it, went out and bought it, saw it again and was like what was i thinking when i went out and bought this. not even close to a tripping movie, it's too sad.

Clockwork Orange is an awesome movie though. There aren't too many others like it. Give 2001 A Space Odyssey (also by Kubrick)a try. I never saw it while tripping, but it's probably a good choice.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #4377026 - 07/06/05 08:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Anything by Stanely Kubrick has a very psychedelic feel to them. I highly recommend any of his films (even eyes wide shut). The best part of clockwork is the visual imagery, especially when the main character is in his parents house, the wall paper and their clothing, sooo trippy. Also the old guys house, that would be my dream home minus the gay body builder.

oh, and Soylent Green is also a good one to watch trippin'

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: ClockWork Orange [Re: l33tmouse]
    #4377050 - 07/06/05 08:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

maybe the coke/oxy binge had a lot to do with it? IMO Requiem should be shown to all high school seniors, yes it is a blunt and dreary view of addiction in general, not just with the obvious drugs but it's a well made movie in a truly original style. It's too bad Daren Aronovski's version of Batman wasn't picked up, it was supposed to be based on the Frank Miller "Dark Knight" series of graphic novels. What trippy shit that would've been.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineSirAustin
Stranger

Re: ClockWork Orange [Re: soochi]
    #4377579 - 07/06/05 10:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Still in amazement, throughout this entire day i keep getting flashbacks of movie scenes. The most frequent being the start of the film, when the music is playing, and it is slowly zooming backwards with Alex's face being in the main focus, so cool.

Too harry, thats awesome you watched it on actual film sites, that would be a mind slap to walk out after seing that movie and notice that your actually on one of the film sites :smile:

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

#4377658 - 07/06/05 11:17 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've seen this before;

'As queer as a clockwork orange' (ie: strange)

Burgess had this to say about it:

Burgess wrote in his later introduction, "A Clockwork Orange Resucked", that a creature who can only perform good or evil is "a clockwork orange?meaning that he has the appearance of an organism lovely with colour and juice but is in fact only a clockwork toy to be wound up by God or the Devil."

Offlinehunter420
explorer

Loc: east coast, florida
Re: ClockWork Orange [Re: Noetical] * 1
    #4377769 - 07/06/05 11:46 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You should check out "the hitchhickers guide to the galaxy" My girlfriend and I each ate 2.5g, coffee grind to fine powder and put under our tougnes and in our cheecks. .5g doses for 2 min each and we tripped balls. That movie has great space scenes and the plot is so wacked that its like it was made for tripping.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience