Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Man faces 6 years for selling mushrooms [IN]
    #4374355 - 07/06/05 02:28 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Man faces prison term for selling mushrooms
July 5, 2005 - thetimesonline.com

A Portage resident Mark Lynn faces up to six years behind bars after pleading guilty Tuesday to dealing in a large quantity of hallucinogenic mushrooms.

The 24-year-old was arrested after picking up more than four pounds of the illegal drug from the post office in Portage, according to court records.

Lynn reportedly told police ordered the mushrooms over the Internet and had been receiving two packages a month for about one year. He said he sold the mushrooms to others and was earning a profit of $1,000 off every shipment.

The venture came to light when one of the packages was intercepted by the U.S. Department of Customs and turned over to an inspector with the United States Postal Service, according to court records.

A member of the county drug task force was on hand Dec. 15 when Lynn arrived for the package of mushrooms that had been delivered to a box in his name at the post office. Lynn was taken into custody as he carried the package out to his car.

Police searched his home at 6281 Marietta Ave. and found more of the illegal mushrooms and related items.

Psilocybin mushrooms are indigenous to tropical and subtropical regions of South America, Mexico and the United States, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

Ingesting the mushrooms results in muscle relaxation, dilated pupils, vivid visual and auditory distortions, and emotional disturbances, according to the DEA.

Lynn pleaded guilty to the B felony count before Porter Circuit Court Judge Mary Harper.

B felonies typically carry sentences of between six and 20 years behind bars, but Lynn struck a deal to cap his potential sentence at six years in return for pleading guilty.

He told Harper he was on probation at the time of his arrest for a marijuana violation from Lake County.

Harper will decide Sept. 6 whether to accept the proposed plea agreement. If the deal is accepted, Lynn will be sentenced the same day.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRESTLESS
C.M.L.W.

Re: Man faces 6 years for selling mushrooms [IN] [Re: veggie]
    #4374531 - 07/06/05 03:17 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Psilocybin mushrooms are indigenous to tropical and subtropical regions of South America, Mexico and the United States, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

Why aren't Canadas 'pcilocybin mushrooms' mentioned in the article? :maple:

--------------------

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Re: Man faces 6 years for selling mushrooms [IN] [Re: RESTLESS]
    #4375448 - 07/06/05 01:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Restless said:
Quote:

veggie said:

It's the "according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration" part that screws it up. The DEA can never get their drug facts straight.

Why aren't Canadas 'pcilocybin mushrooms' mentioned in the article? :maple:

--------------------

Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Portage man begins 6-year term [IN] [Re: veggie]
    #4997489 - 11/30/05 07:52 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

Portage man begins 6-year term
November 30, 2005 - post-trib.com

A Portage man caught dealing psychedelic mushrooms received a six-year prison sentence in court Tuesday.

Mark T. Lynn, 25, pleaded guilty to ordering illegal psilocybin mushrooms over the Internet from a source in the Netherlands and selling them here.

Lynn was arrested in December 2004 after agents with the Porter County Drug Task Force and the U.S. Postal Inspector intercepted a package containing 1.5 kilograms of the illegal mushrooms.

He was arrested at the Portage Post Office when he went to pick up the package.

Porter Circuit Court Judge Mary Harper sentenced Lynn to 10 years, with four years suspended. Harper also banned Lynn from using the Internet, since that was how he bought the drugs.

Lynn had a prior felony drug-related conviction and two misdemeanor convictions.

Lynn asked the judge to sentence him to home confinement, stating that he cooperated with authorities after his arrest and identified his drug source.

Investigators said Lynn had purchased the mushrooms over the Internet for about $1,000 and would sell them here for a profit.

Agents seized about $19,000 in illegal drug proceeds from Lynn during his arrest.

Lynn, who was free on bond, was immediately handcuffed in the courtroom after the sentencing and taken to Porter County Jail.

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Portage man begins 6-year term [IN] [Re: veggie]
    #4998581 - 11/30/05 03:39 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Porter Circuit Court Judge Mary Harper sentenced Lynn to 10 years, with four years suspended. Harper also banned Lynn from using the Internet, since that was how he bought the drugs.

i wonder how long the internet ban is. if it is for the entire 4 year suspention i can only imagine what that would be like. if i had to forfeit all the knowledge that ive gained from the internet in the past 4 years..... dang. thats so interesting to think about.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Portage man begins 6-year term [IN] [Re: sander]
    #5000508 - 11/30/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

I think that I've purchaced some torch skins from that guy.
He has a website selling the stuff. Or rather had one. It seems to be shut down now.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisiblePirate_Zero
the handyman

Re: Portage man begins 6-year term [IN] [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5002683 - 12/01/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 7 days ago)

I live only 15 minutes away from him. If he played sports I probably played against him. Kinda nuts.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Portage man begins 6-year term [IN] [Re: veggie]
    #5002882 - 12/01/05 05:08 PM (11 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Lynn asked the judge to sentence him to home confinement, stating that he cooperated with authorities after his arrest and identified his drug source.

:mad:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: Portage man begins 6-year term [IN] [Re: sander]
    #5002905 - 12/01/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 7 days ago)

How do you ban someone from the internet? I'm pretty sure you could go anywhere and use it. Unless that's a 4-year ban during house arrest.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service