Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Singing Problems
    #4373944 - 07/06/05 12:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Recently I've been trying to work on improving my voice, but I realized that I have been using improper technique my whole life. I've been using my throat muscles to change pitch rather than my vocal cords, which you're supposed to use. No matter what I do I can't switch. Any advice?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Singing Problems [Re: PinballWizard]
    #4373991 - 07/06/05 12:23 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i would recommend that you move up and down at least 2 octaves of notes and ascales, and address where exactly your voice changes, from chest voice to head voice.

you can make the transition smoother by controlling what is called the "palette". you can feel this gentle lift itself when needed, and once you are able to recognize when it happens naturally, the you can control it to fit your vocalization needs.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Singing Problems [Re: PinballWizard]
    #4374002 - 07/06/05 12:26 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

if you have a keyboard or piana near by, grab it and say you want to start in the key of c, with the major scale, in essence, starting with c...then you move up the c scale, (all of the white keys) and then back down.  you can do this on a tah, or numbers, or do-re-mi.  then follow it with an arpeggio (broken chord) up and down.

sorry, i dont know if you are a music theorist or not.  i have no intentions of "putting down" your intelligence, as i do not know your stance on the musicality :smile:

also be sure to drink lots of water and steer clear of sugers and lactose, and these tend to clog the vocal chords/  also bananas are NOT good for singing, hehe.  they also have a tendancy to clog up the throat.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media