Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineacerun87
Just Wanna Chill

Help me with my patties...
    #4373413 - 07/05/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm relatively new to mushrooms, so pardon the lack of knowledge. First off I live in East GA, and I have tons of pastures that I can hunt at but the drive is sort of long and risky. I was wondering if it was possible to bring home some of the patties and place them in my woods around my place and see if they would grow their? My friend told me that he has done this and if it's possible, are their any steps I need to follow? (Sorry if this is the wrong board but no one in cultivation seemed to be informed about outdoor.

--------------------
Pink Floyd man.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Help me with my patties... [Re: acerun87]
    #4373450 - 07/05/05 09:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i can work,but chances typically aren't very good....

:sun:

--------------------

Offlinestrun9x0ut
some dude
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #4373464 - 07/05/05 09:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, absolutely. I was wondering about this a few weeks ago until I looked around the Shroomery for opinions and then brought home some colonized poop from a field. I just sat two turds in my backyard and so far they have produced about 15 or so mushrooms. Just make sure the poop you bring back has some mycelium (the white mold-like stuff) growing on it. You can check the bottom of the cow patty for it or even if it's just growing shrooms on it already then it's colonized well enough. Make sure to keep them moist if it's dry out, unless it's raining, in which case that's already taken care of.

To my knowledge, just plopping down a cow patty produces shrooms but only temporarily. If you want a longer-lasting solution, you should try Moe's Outdoor Growing Tek. According to that tek, if you do it right your outdoor patch will last "basically forever." I'm going to try it as soon as I go get some more poop to start it with. Hopefully it'll work.

Plus, this is all assuming you live in conditions in which cubensis grow. If you're in East GA, I'm pretty sure it'd work out. I'm in Atlanta, so your weather conditions probably aren't too different than mine.

Good luck.

Edited by strun9x0ut (07/05/05 10:00 PM)

Offlineacerun87
Just Wanna Chill

Re: Help me with my patties... [Re: strun9x0ut]
    #4373501 - 07/05/05 10:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks man. I really appreciate the good news. I'm out of Augusta and I know the weather is very good for growth. I just can't wait to get a hand on some patties. So you say you can just bring them and keep watering them and they can produce shrooms more than once? I'm planning on getting about 10 patties.

--------------------
Pink Floyd man.

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
    #4373597 - 07/05/05 10:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Damn Im probably going to do the same....I just need to get into some farms...all we got here is horse farms...does horse shit work?

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Help me with my patties... [Re: Yenpop]
    #4373650 - 07/05/05 10:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i moved quite a few patties to my backyard now, and ive cut about 15 shrooms from them, works great, just keep them misted well every day, i spray em in the morning, after work and before bed.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlineacerun87
Just Wanna Chill

Re: Help me with my patties... [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4373803 - 07/05/05 11:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

When you water your patties, the shrooms pop up and you cut them. How long does it take for new shroomies to come up. and How do you know when they've grown to full size? or picking size?

--------------------
Pink Floyd man.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4373843 - 07/05/05 11:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

well it depends, so far ive only had a couple big macs, the rest have been tiny, but i can def. see the myc spreading out in all directions to the rest of my poo, so far ive had 2 flushes, the second bigger than the first, my guess is the bigger the mycelium network gets the bigger the caps will get, and its not like that, you dont just water them and then pick em lol.... whenever they think its a good time to grow is when you get to pick em, i always let them fully expand and drop plenty of spores before i cut them, and be sure to cut all of the caps at one time, the network recovers faster that way. all i can say is youll get the hang of it in no time, most of the learning ive had with shrooms has been hands on.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlineacerun87
Just Wanna Chill

#4377597 - 07/06/05 11:04 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

what do you mean you drop plenty of spores? I dont really understand that part...still a newb..

--------------------
Pink Floyd man.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4377688 - 07/06/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

well you should research into it for yourself but the basics of it is, dropping spores is the way that mushrooms reproduce so well, they drop massive amounts of spores to grow new mycelium.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Offlineacerun87
Just Wanna Chill

#4379483 - 07/07/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

where can i research this information yet? how to i get the spores to drop or whatever. I'm all ears.

--------------------
Pink Floyd man.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4379974 - 07/07/05 03:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well you could buy a book, read for hours upon hours on this website just like i have, they have every bit of info you could need on mushrooms here, and you dont make them drop, they drop on their own as they age, as soon as the veil breaks they start dropping and dont stop until the mushroom dies.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification