Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Detoxing myself... [Re: GanjaManDan]
    #4399845 - 07/13/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Not severe withdrawl, but yeah I definitely experienced withdrawl, more so in the last 2 days than that first one. IME the worst of it takes a day or two to really kick in.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Detoxing myself... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4400863 - 07/13/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Relapses happen, period. Don't blame yourself, but get back on the wagon, as many times at it takes. You can do it.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#4407950 - 07/15/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well, things to be going much better for the time being......we'll see how long it lasts this time.

--------------------

Offlinesvmoe
Stranger
    #4437002 - 07/22/05 04:05 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Jamican Dogwood can help with H withdrawal. Herb Pharm makes an extract. It is a good nervine sedative that can take some of the edge offf. Just be sure to follow dosage recommendations on the bottle, or do some research about dosage. Too much J. Dogwood can be dangerous or even deadly.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4437315 - 07/22/05 08:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Have you heard of ibogaine? Evidently it removes withdrawal symptoms completely while totally removing the addiction. It is a hallucinagen that is regarded as a plant teacher that helps one deal with the spiritual roots of their habits/addictions.

Not sure if its available in your area, but here is a link with more info:

http://www.ibogaine.org/

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
Re: Detoxing myself... [Re: zorbman]
    #4467811 - 07/29/05 03:09 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What about decreasing the dosage little by little? Won't that work?

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Detoxing myself... [Re: Arp]
    #4467824 - 07/29/05 03:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, and that is probably the preferred method. Unfortunately, it requires a heck of a lot of discipline. And if an addict had that he probably wouldn't be hooked in the first place.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Detoxing myself... [Re: zorbman]
    #4469438 - 07/29/05 02:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I've heard of ibogaine, unfortunately I live in the United States of Ignorance, and therefore it is illegal to possess and use in any shape or form, and for any reason.  svmoe.....Jamaican Dogwood, hmmmm, I never heard of that before, I'll have to look into it more in depth.

Anyway, as far as my addiction goes; it's been about 3 weeks since I last used, and in this period of time some shit went down that shook me and my friends up a lot. I've quit before, and I've been strung out to the point of almost killing myself before, and I've also had countless close calls with death.....but up until last Friday I never really saw heroin as evil.

My perspective has changed, as have my friends....we are now committed to staying clean, and keeping each other clean (we'll use acid, shrooms and E when it feels right, smoke pot in moderation, drink in moderation...do DMT and mescaline if we ever get it, and that's it). No more hard drugs, not even once more for old times sake.....I can't even tell you how times that shit lead to relapses. It's time to face the music, I can't control myself with this shit, and it totally destroys my life, as well as me in general.

I have to avoid these substances at all costs, and when I go in for my consultation for wisdom teeth extraction I will request a non-opiate painkiller, if they can't do that than I'm sticking to Advil. I don't want to be within 10 feet of any opiates, or any other hard drugs at all. I've said never again so many times before, and I know I'm going to be tempted....but this time feels different. That shit that went down went straight to the core, I still can't get it out of my mind, and it still gives me the chills. We're lucky, we could've and should've died so many times before and never really cared. That's one of the worst parts of heroin; it makes you careless. Well, life IS worth it, and heroin sure as hell is not, no high is worth dying for. I wasted over 2 and a half years of my life on this shit...almost 3 years in fact, it's time to move on and start living.

LSD and other psychedelics are gifts from God, I'm sure you've all heard that before, well, heroin and other hard drugs are "gifts" from the devil, gifts that will trap you and destroy you.....I'm not one to preach but I recommend avoiding hard drugs at all cost...they just aren't worth it. I can't even begin to express the gratitude and appreciation I feel for all of your support and advice, this website is a wonder indeed, bless all of you....Thanks! :heart: :peace: :thumbup: :sunny:

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (07/29/05 02:15 PM)

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #4471697 - 07/29/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I know exactly what you are going through. My addictions to heroin and coke costed me so much.
I ended up becoming broke, lost a good job, and lost the trust of the only people who cared about me.
It's safe to say that I got past my heroin/opiate withdrawals and cravings. For a while it didn't seem possible, I gave up a couple times even. The pain and uncomfortable feelings lasted for about two whole weeks. I was a hardcore daily user though with an extreme tolerance. The withdrawal shifted from physical pain to just mild body discomfort and inability to relax or enjoy myself. That is what the following two weeks felt like. I had to just fight through it, some days I just wanted to scream it was so miserable.
I don't think that I'm quite capable of staying clean off of everything in general yet... pretty much every day i'm using something, but I've been able to avoid opiates. At some point in my life, I think I will just get tired of it all.
Good luck and I wish you the best. If you ever need anyone to talk to for support of advice, I would be more than willing to do what I can to help.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Detoxing myself... [Re: eris]
    #4491768 - 08/03/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

eris said:

Good luck and I wish you the best. If you ever need anyone to talk to for support of advice, I would be more than willing to do what I can to help.

ditto, I'm glad you're getting better brother; thanks for your support, and always feel free to come to me if you need to talk.  :thumbup: :sun:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale