Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Rocket Lawnchair

Registered: 05/31/05
Posts: 29
Last seen: 7 years, 9 months
Need help with green. Mold? Am I screwed? (pics)
    #4372601 - 07/05/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey all. I have been drying some recently picked shrooms in front of a fan for a few days now. I took them out but I am noticing a little green on the stalk of a few of them. I decided to crack them open and the insides are pretty green. Should I ditch them or is this normal? I'm pretty sure it is mold but I want to double check. Any input would be great. Also, after leaving them in front of a fan on high for 2 days, they are still i tiny bit rubbery. When you guys say "cracker dry" should the shroom snap under slight pressure?

Thanks again!

A classy piece of Patio Furniture

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Registered: 03/26/03
Posts: 41,968
Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Last seen: 3 months, 20 days
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help with green. Mold? Am I screwed? (pics) [Re: PatioFurniture]
    #4372641 - 07/05/05 05:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

More than likely it's just the bluing reaction, which when dry can have a green tint. If it were mold, it would be only on the outside of the fruit and it would rub off with a finger. If it doesn't rub off, it's the blueing and normal.

That being said, even if it were green mold, it's safe to eat. There are no green molds known to mushroom cultivation that are toxic to eat.

Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Registered: 07/05/05
Posts: 656
Last seen: 2 years, 8 months
Re: Need help with green. Mold? Am I screwed? (pics) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4373591 - 07/05/05 10:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Since RogerRabbit was totally right I'll do your second one, Ideally yes, They should break under pressure but if your just going to eat them, i mean it doesn't hurt to eat them when their not totally try, in fact some people say they taste better fresh (but that's not either hear nor there) so the point is unless your storing them they don't need to be cracker dry,
Take care!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Green Mold...CRAP! (PICS) Need Advice Birdman 6,467 8 03/06/03 03:04 PM
by Birdman
* do i have green mold? more pics to come jenerikcairet 1,866 1 04/04/07 05:11 PM
by RogerRabbit
* I hope this isn't the green mold... help! *pics Cray 1,542 7 06/01/05 06:09 PM
by Ziff
* How fast does green mold grow...? Pic
1,831 6 07/21/07 05:04 PM
by thedoc8
* green mold BLAST_420 1,150 11 07/18/05 12:54 AM
by BLAST_420
* The Elusive Green Mold Posing As Ninja... Dweomer 2,126 1 02/24/06 01:05 AM
by mrTtheH
* GREEN MOLD ON ALL MY JARS, HELP!!!!!! Supershrooomer 2,027 4 11/21/01 02:47 AM
by TeRzMaStA
* Green Mold - Cake Killer [pics] kippo 3,696 4 08/12/06 03:27 AM
by CureCat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte
1,330 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.