Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
BURNING through contamination!
    #4372149 - 07/05/05 02:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My friend has these 7 jars of Koh Samui Super Strain which were colonizing like a mo fo. They were going to be 100% in about a week... when they got 60-70% or so my friend noticed they had some pinkish specs in with them, at first he thought it was just rye fragments because it is so small, but then he noticed that they were in all the jars. My friend decided he would save them and see if they continued to colonize or stalled out, because the pink things were so small.
Now, 3 days later some of the jars are 95% colonized, going right over the pink shit. It's definetly a type of contam, as the specs have grown, but the mycelium just doesn't seem to care about it at all. My friend wouldn't use them to spawn or anything but is considering using them for casings... have you guys ever cased partially contaminated substrate with any success? My friend figures it's worth a shot... make one real big ass 7qt casing and see what happens =).

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer
 Arcade Champion: Hexxagon

Re: BURNING through contamination! [Re: lemunhed]
    #4372350 - 07/05/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I tried cutting out the contams.. huge mistake. I grew a big ass blob of green and gray. Then the stuff is in the air.. in your chamber.. just dump it.

Save yourself the pain.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: BURNING through contamination! [Re: Quiescence]
    #4376999 - 07/06/05 08:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Quiescence said:
I tried cutting out the contams.. huge mistake. I grew a big ass blob of green and gray. Then the stuff is in the air.. in your chamber.. just dump it.

Save yourself the pain.

~Quiescence~

I recently cut out some Trich and salted around the area where it was, then I cased it and haven't seen it since. It's been almost a week and the casing looks like it's about to pin.

Pluto

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation