Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShattered

Hunting in SE melbourne - need advice
    #4370690 - 07/04/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hi

I'm kind of out of luck at the moment with mushroom finding. This year I was lucky enough to have someone show me what type of mushroom to look for, and a small patch where I picked several mushrooms. I loved tripping, but that patch of mushrooms is now dried up.

I understand that asking for specific locations is against the rules, so instead i'd like to ask for some advice.

The patch of mushrooms that is now gone, was in a grassy area of a park, and the grassy area was maybe 10 - 20 metres from a creek. So what i've been doing is looking at a map, and going to similar areas hoping to find mushrooms.

I've seen lots of different types of mushrooms, but none that look the same as the ones I picked a few weeks ago. A few here and there that had vague similarities + a blueing stem, but were different colours or sizes.

Where am I going wrong? I see people are still finding a lot of mushrooms this side of Melbourne (Burwood, Glen Waverley, BoxHill), and from their photo's in another thread it seems i'm looking in the same types of vegetation but just not finding anything. Is their some advice specific to my area that could help me? If I keep searching in those types of areas, i'm bound to find something eventually right?

One more question. How similar do the mushrooms need to be? I'm looking for an exact match to the ones I remember (goldish brown caps with a nipple, white stem that blues when bruised). The reason I ask is one guy said he had seen hundreds of mushrooms in an area, he gave vague directions and I walked around for a few hours but found nothing. Am I being TOO picky?

I'm thinking i'm blind, dumb, or just shit out of luck, help?

Edited by Shattered (07/04/05 11:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheMagicMushroom
Stranger
Re: Hunting in SE melbourne - need advice [Re: Shattered]
    #4370745 - 07/04/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

there are a shit load of different shrooms that are active... the ones u are finding with a blue bleeding stem are the active mushrooms, go back to were u found those... no 2 mushrooms will look the same... u have found active shrooms bro...

OfflineShattered

Re: Hunting in SE melbourne - need advice [Re: TheMagicMushroom]
    #4371306 - 07/05/05 03:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That easy?  :eek: :mushroom2:

Would a poisonous mushrooms bruise blue also?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #4371349 - 07/05/05 04:09 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

There are tons of info about Ps.subaeruginosa the native psilocybe in melbourne on this site. U can check my site listed below if your keen... It is regarded as highly potent.
it stains blue and grows on wood debris often in landscape gardens.
As fro your area - try along the Yarra or the unis...

--------------------

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4371537 - 07/05/05 07:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shattered said:
That easy?  :eek: :mushroom2:

Would a poisonous mushrooms bruise blue also?

There are poisonous mushrooms that also stain blue. Staining blue is a good indicator of activity, but not a fool-proof way to know that something is edible.

I would go back and pick all of those blue bruising ones, though. They have a good chance of being what you want. Just be sure to identify them before you go about consuming them. Just picking em wont really hurt you anyway. Have fun!

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

OfflineShattered

Re: Hunting in SE melbourne - need advice [Re: Ramuh]
    #4371797 - 07/05/05 09:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks all for your help

Nature is awesome. Shit you not, 20 minutes after dosing and a two minute walk from home, I find shroomy heaven. Why do anything when nature provides? Bliss

OfflineXzibit
X to tha Z
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #4740414 - 10/01/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

hey i recanely found shroom heaven in my g/f's backyard...only problem is that i find it hard to stash them....i dried them on paper for awhile but had to stash them away so i put them into a air tight jar...couple days later remembered them and foudn the jar was all liquid....dark colour....ive had ot for a week now...is this any good?

--------------------
What, You Drinking Gin? Nah Dude This Is Shrooms!

InvisibleRowen_Shroomfoot
Stranger
Loc: Sydney, Australia Flag
Re: Hunting in SE melbourne - need advice [Re: Xzibit]
    #16380597 - 06/14/12 12:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No, it's now no good, chuck it out.  I'm told the best way is to use a needle and thread to create a string of them, then hang these in a dry place for a week or so.  They dry up to become <10% of their original size and weight, and can then be granulated and stored in an air-tight container for long periods of time (or even frozen) in this state.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures