Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

How do you feel when you come down from weed
    #4371018 - 07/05/05 01:06 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Cause this is what makes me hate smoking. I mean..I know all drugs have come downs but when I come down from weed I just get so...STUPID, I guess. I can't make a coherent sentence half of the time. I'm slow, I can't move well at all. People end up making fun of me a lot and it drives me nuts. I just can't go from being high to being not retarded.

Anyone else come down from pot pretty hard? Any ideas? Herbs/Drinks/Tricks to making smoking a little smoother afterward?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: How do you feel when you come down from weed [Re: freddurgan]
    #4371272 - 07/05/05 02:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have that exact problem, but it starts earlier.

My solution is not smoking.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4371338 - 07/05/05 03:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I used to get that too...but to be honest, once I realized it was a product of laziness, it went away. 

I'm not saying this is your problem...it could be that coming down from being high really messes with your individual mental state.  Everyone's different. But I find that when I feel dumb after smoking weed, forcing myself to put the extra effort in to use my brain knocks it back into gear.  Meditation has also helped me (to clear the mind, resettle the energies) plus tea. 

good luck..hope you find a solution.  :heart:

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #4371343 - 07/05/05 04:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Look into kanna or calamus. Both take some patience before they start working, kanna would probably be easier and more effective in your situation. I have some problems with weed quite similiar to what you describe. I found chewing a small pinch of kanna in some gum helped me focus. Smoking or snorting the kanna didn't really do much good. Pharm grade kanna never worked very well for me, while the regular kanna helped me in so many ways. I had to try the kanna quite a few times before it started working, but once it did, it was amazing.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: How do you feel when you come down from weed [Re: Neon]
    #4371348 - 07/05/05 04:06 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nice, I'll have to try some of that kanna myself.

OfflineDrCubensis
Male

Re: How do you feel when you come down from weed [Re: MOTH]
    #4371350 - 07/05/05 04:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Red tea is very good for me after smoking and feeling so.

--------------------

"Ever tried. Ever failed. Never mind. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." Samuel Beckett.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: How do you feel when you come down from weed [Re: DrCubensis]
    #4371358 - 07/05/05 04:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Me and my dad both use black tea for that.. It makes a nice after puffing ritual, drinking tea with the old man.. :smile:

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4371710 - 07/05/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Smoke more weed or take a nap.

But yeah, if you wont do either then you gotta just force yourself to concentrate and use your brain.

People are making fun of you for being burnt out and fucked up?

Man don't you have a hard side? Gotta bring that shit out when people are dissin you.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4373821 - 07/05/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Don't blame the drugs... :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: How do you feel when you come down from weed [Re: Gomp]
    #4373962 - 07/05/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Some people burnt out after weed. It happens. That's pretty lame that your friends make fun of you...

Maybe it's poor weed? Or maybe it's really strong weed...

I'd say just keep active. If I stop doing things then I can start burning out. But if I keep active, or even just keep my mind active then my brain just stays in overdrive.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4375120 - 07/06/05 08:48 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, weed definitely makes me feel like a retard when I come down from it. I only enjoy smoking it when I can do so by myself, at the end of the day. I just go to sleep afterward and I don't have to deal with the weed stupor.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4375217 - 07/06/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It depends on how frequent I smoke that day, the amounts, and the quality. Sometimes if I smoke a lot during the day I feel absolutely out of it at night. This used to be me everyday but I've cut down quite a bit, since cutting down I have had a huge burst in energy. And by cutting down I mean smoking a few hits of some high grade pot and waiting until I am completely sober again to repeat. I used to get high all day long, and wouldn't wait until I came down to get high again. I'm still a heavy smoker, but certainly not like before.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4377017 - 07/06/05 06:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

happens to the best of us. in my opinion it's like that so humans don't smoke themselves stupid every day. the less you smoke, the less burnt out you get. you could just get less high maybe? or only smoke at night, and go to bed when the high wears off. that's usually what i do, except i smoke in the day every once in awhile too cause it's fun to get high outside on a nice sunny day.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #4377382 - 07/06/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Weed slows down my body's functions, or so it seems (to me). This sometimes leads to a general disregard of myself, which can make things a little messy. This matters around some people, as they're not necessarily interacting with you for the conversation. They are more interested in the interaction. That's why you have to be on the ball. The way I get my head back on is to re-align myself.

I can't really explain it, but I flex and stretch myself to align my body correctly. I do it in front of a mirror so I can see the effects of what I do. I basically try to balance everything, with my core as the center point; my core being my pelvic bone. I think that being perfectly functional from the core of one's self is very important. Look at Micheal Vick (Falcon's quaterback) and how he moves. He is always straight up from the core, using his legs and torso in unison. Being in alignment like that does something. It gives you the ability to calm down and gain awareness of your situation. I'm more able to forget about everything and live in the moment when I feel this way. I can feel the perfect uniformity of how my body is put together. Everything is supported and comfortable. My spine is aligned with my brain and my face is loose, enabling my lips to move eloquently and pronounciate perfectly. My eyes are level and I can focus correctly. It's the most real way to take in reality. All of the bullshit is gone and I can just breath; from my stomach, from the back of my nasal passage, perfectly smoothly, constantly breathing.

These alignment sessions are always most rewarding after having eaten a big meal. I think smoking is too. I eat first, smoke second, align myself third (if I'm going to be doing all those things). Like I said before, smoking slows me down. This can be a really good thing. The most enjoyment I get out of weed is when I'm focusing on my body while being super high. My muscle and everything else is relaxed. I can get caught in a moment easily. Time stops and I lose awareness of my surroundings. I look at my body in the mirror. At the same time I have a perfect awareness of how my body feels. I see how different movements align one part of my body with the other. I could go through the whole process that I go through, but that would be boring. You'll have to use some of your own intuition and feel/see the alignment for yourself. What I basically do is align everything with a light flex. As I become more symmetrical and tense overall, I flex harder. I do this multiple times, moving from part to whole to part; whatever feels right. I do this until I get the ultimate flex. My body is perfectly functional, symmetrical, and together. I hold this flex for as long as I possibly can, breathing slowly and expanding my lungs as much as possible. I don't dodge the pain - I focus on it intensely. I become my body, despite my fear. That is the only way to find yourself and really have a meaningful experience. This holds true for being around your friends as well.

I've perfected my routine through experience. I've learned how to work my body in a way that I can't really explain. You'll need to make these realizations about yourself, too. I think anybody could do it with proper focus and intensity.

I've become aware of things that I never was before. I can visualize my bones and muscles perfectly. I can gain a concious awareness of the pressure on my nasal cavity and change the alignment of my skull based on it. It's all about symmetry for maximum comfort and potential of movement. Your body twists itself up and gets messed up. You need an awareness of yourself to stay right. You can align every single part of your body to be in perfect union with every other part of your body around it. The two points that you need to focus on for supreme awareness are your pelvic area and your head. It makes sense. They're the two ends of your spinal chord, which regulates how electricity moves throughout your body. I have no way to back this imformation up, but it feels so right that it can't be wrong. It's like your state of mind is all about how your body is working and how electricity and everything else is moving around in it. When you are in perfect harmony, you're ready to move. You're ready to flow with everything else around you. There are moments in mind that stick out from any other memory. They are the times when I'm everything and nothing at the same time. Time loses all meaning. My awareness is complete. You can't trick your body into being this way. Your mind is the key to everything. Your mind is your ability to do everything. When you gain control and apply your mind to life around you, it will make you realize why you're alive.

You need to work to keep this harmony throughout the day. Don't go back to acting on your fears and bad emotions. You need to keep the awareness of yourself at all times. Losing it is going back to square 1.

So you asked me how my come down from weed feels? It feels fine if I feel that way. You determine how it feels. You should obviously keep things sensible. Smoking all day isn't good for you. You need to focus more on your health and general well-being. If you don't want to do that, then you can probably expect your body to be a little off. It won't effect you in a huge way, but it still effects you. I think you should decide if being high all the time is really worth it. Why focus so much on this one part of your life? Diversification is key with keeping things new and exciting. Try to be vital and explore your true potential every day.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Edited by hobbitcg (07/06/05 08:06 PM)

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: How do you feel when you come down from weed [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #4377482 - 07/06/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Man..that post was sweet. I'm not exactly sure what to make of it just yet, but I enjoyed it 100%.

I don't smoke all day almost ever and when I do smoke all day I don't even get so uncomfortable because I'm so stoned I just don't even care. However it's only on my usual night smoking routine that I get stiff/stupid/bad. And it really does seem to point toward my body.

I just feel SO out of touch with my muscles that it's scary.

Going to have to give some more attention to my posture/position/tightness/body-in-general.

Thanks man

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #4383627 - 07/08/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I sometimes get very over the top as well, but if I stay very active everything starts spinning and I start bumping into things..  :grin:

I wish I had someone to smoke with.. :peace:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds