Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
BRF cake - Case now or later.
    #4370886 - 07/05/05 02:13 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ok i knocked up 8 jars a lil while back however 2 of em looked a bit too wet cos i was experimenting with the optimal water content and i was going to chuck em however they seemed to have fully colinised and there is no sign of contam.

So anyway i got the two wetter ones as well as 2 other good fully colinised cakes and broke them up inside glad zip bags after removin the top layer of verm in preperation for makin a 60/40 casing.

However the wet ones havent seemed to have colinised too well in the center. I dont want to waste them so was wondering if it would be a better idea to chuck them into the casing now and hope for no contams on the uncolinised sections, or leave them in the zip bags and back into the incubator for a lil while longer?
Will being in the casin mixed with the good substrate help the myc colinise the uncolinised sections quick enough b4 the mold gets in there?

cheers

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BRF cake - Case now or later. [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4371294 - 07/05/05 05:02 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BenKenobi said:
However the wet ones havent seemed to have colinised too well in the center. I dont want to waste them

they'll contam, if added to a casing with other jars that are good, it will contam the whole casing, thats when it would be a waste, just toss them or case and try and fruit them seprtately

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Re: BRF cake - Case now or later. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4371298 - 07/05/05 05:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

any chance i can get them to fully colinise in the zip lock glad bags and then case them? I was very sterile so im pretty confident they wont contam while in the zip lock but will they be able to colinise without any air exchange?

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4371312 - 07/05/05 05:18 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

there m,ay be enough air in the bag to complete coloniztion, when the bag inflates prick it with a pin if it appears to be slowing or stopping.

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Re: BRF cake - Case now or later. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4371317 - 07/05/05 05:22 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

thanks a bunch  :thumbup:

--------------------
Old Ben

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

#4374867 - 07/06/05 08:19 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well even after just a lil more than 24hrs they already seem to be close to colinising the rest of the substrate inside the glad bag so its good to know they wont be wasted, prolly be ready for casing tommorow. No sign of contam either so fingers crossed.

cheers

--------------------
Old Ben

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation