Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFreshCaps
Nor-Cal

Loc: The Cannabis State
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4380205 - 07/07/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

When you don't recognize reality :smile:

--------------------
THE BEST ASS:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineForestTrip
Forest Fella

Loc: Ireland
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: FreshCaps]
    #4382966 - 07/08/05 06:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ask stoners. The first times they smoked pot it was this great wonderful drug, but later on it became The Daily Whatever. And if a stoner doesnt smoke for a year and then smokes again.. it is a particularly potent variety of The Daily Whatever.

Thats very true ive experienced that many times.

--------------------
Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
Remember how she said that
We would meet again
Some sunny day?
Vera! Vera!
What has become of you?
Does anybody else in here
Feel the way I do?

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: ForestTrip]
    #5953016 - 08/11/06 03:55 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Wow so if I don't smoke for a year I'm not going to be brought back to the same silly laughy happiness?

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

OfflineArcofaJourney
Internaltransportationdevice
 User Gallery
Loc: your imagination
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5953314 - 08/11/06 09:06 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i think wiccan seeker is right. i've always been of the opinion that you should space out (no pun intended) your trips so that they still have equal potentcy. 10-12 trips a year is right for me. Not everyone will have the same tolerance, ect. though. i think of tripping as a special treat. the further i space out the times i do it, the better the anticipation is and also the better i'm able to enjoy the trip. Doing it every other day defeats the purpose to me. Tripping should show you how different life can be. If you do it everyday it kinda gets samey to me with no real observations gained from the experience.

OfflineArcofaJourney
Internaltransportationdevice
 User Gallery
Loc: your imagination
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #5953323 - 08/11/06 09:12 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

As for what hansmoleman said about "tripping while i'm still young"....

i think that's bullshit. Why can't you trip when you get older? As long as you're responsible about it, there's no reason the fun can't last forever. Never believe that you can't have fun when you're over 30.

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #5953352 - 08/11/06 09:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Some time is good to integrate what you have learned, and discover a new round of questions.

Time to remember
why

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: thatiAM]
    #5953429 - 08/11/06 10:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

After I trip I usually have no desire to trip for weeks. My last trip was a wild ride with freshly picked cubes on 2 hours of sleep, and I still have no desire to trip again for a while.

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: Dihnekis]
    #5953461 - 08/11/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I can't speak for everybody, but I look at shroom and cacti journeys as sacred healing events and communication with spirits. To just visit that world whenever I feel like it would take the sacred out of the experience. I could not do it anymore than monthly but every two months is more like it...

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: hansmoleman]
    #5953473 - 08/11/06 10:53 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i think excess on almost any drug is determined by the user. if you're happy dosing every weekend, have fun. on that same note, if you're iv'ing heroin 3 times a day, i still hope you're having fun. i think it's only a problem when the user sees it as a problem. i'm not really one to judge

Offlinefreezepooter
Rainy DayMushroom Pillow
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: zSDMF]
    #5954011 - 08/11/06 02:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

it definatly depends on the degree of tripping you are partaking in. High Dose/Low Dose. After a high dose I;ll trip maybe in 2 months.

after threshold dose, maybe the next weekend.

--------------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

OfflinementalIMAGE
21st Century Schizoid Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: freezepooter]
    #5954340 - 08/11/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't tripped since April, but I'm anticipating that I'll be able to trip within the next month or two.

--------------------

We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past.
Ken Kesey

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #5954389 - 08/11/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Unlike addictive drugs which can often give positive reinforcement toward increasing use, abuse, and so forth,  I think mushrooms have a way of telling you you're tripping too much.  I've had my share of splurges, while I am still young.  But after every splurge I tend to lose interest in it and end up taking a break for months.  Then I'll trip again and its magical and totally positive.  I think if you're tripping a lot you're going to be wasting a lot of the potential of it, because you're getting comfortable in that mindset and what happens when we get comfortable?  We RESIST CHANGE.

Psychedelics can augment incredible change... in fact they are perhaps the best looking glass that can see change in all shapes and forms.  So if you end up doing them too often, you lose sight of what might be possible.

This doesn't have much to do with the health issue either.  On that issue, your brain probably works better if its chemicals are tweaked every once in a while (stirring the soup so to speak) but not jumping through hoops every weekend to no end.

I'd say more than once every 2 weeks is "too much", perhaps not dangerously too much, but nonetheless it's going to catch up to you sooner or later.  Once a month would be a better timeframe if you're really into doing them a lot, and you should take extended breaks whenever you can :smile:

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: kake]
    #5954471 - 08/11/06 05:01 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well, i've eaten mushrooms every day at 8 am and 3 pm for as much as 10 days at a time, I've done the same with acid for a week, and have had a very profound journey. I've also done them only once a month and felt it was excessive. What I mean to say its really a personal thing and where YOU are in YOUR life. Enviroment has a lot to do with it too, are YOU comfortable with YOUR surroundings? I still trip a lot at times others I'll go 6 months without. It takes it's toll on the body, sometimes i want to trip but i can't because, my stomach is in knots. When you're not tripping, baby your body. Eat healthy, rest well, excercise and stay in prime condition. When you're binging from every day to every week or two, its abusive to the body, is what YOU'RE looking for, worth it to YOU? Sometimes you'll find maybe it is. Others... not so much. Have a good time, if it becomes a chore, its too much.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: whats your opinion on how much tripping is too much tripping? [Re: hansmoleman]
    #5954520 - 08/11/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I also disagree with Wiccan Seeker. But besides that, I have no opinion. It just depends on you and your body and there's no set rule of how much tripping is too much. If you start to lose your "internal center," and tripping is starting to have negative effects on your life, then yeah, you should take a trip break. The length of the break also depends on what you feel comfortable with.

Sometimes I go through periods where I trip a lot, and I never feel like the quality of my trips are reduced from tripping too much. I also go through periods where I hardly trip at all for months. There is certaintly something to be said for drug respect too. If you have reverance and respect for the drug, you'll know when it's time to step back and take a break, and not trip so much.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract