Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIgor Happy Birthday
Shaved Ape
Male

Loc: Crystal Lake
Nothing is Growing
    #4369777 - 07/04/05 05:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think this section of the board is more appropriate for my concerns. This is the latest news of my first attempt to grow, I'm a complete newb to growing will apreciate any advice.

My technique was to pretty much follow the PF- tek technique as closely as possible. I used the substrate formula from this version:
PF tek for simple minds

Full specific details of my technique and situation, look at my Original Thread

Here's the situation
Monday, 4th July.
It has now been around 9 days. I could've expected as much, there's yet no signs of any growth of anything. I at least expected mould or some kind of bacterium.

The temperature has stayed around room-temperature, 72 ish F,
but has been higher. The humidity was, to begin with, about 80%, now around 65%.

Yesterday I loosened the lids on 4 of the jars to see if it made any difference. Can anyone suggest what I should do... Wait?, perhaps put some jars in a warmer position?.

The whole spore suspension went in so there's definitely plenty of spores in the jars.

One more thing. If the substrate contained too much water, could this have ruined it? I thought I roughly put only enough water for the verm to hold, but at the bottom of each jar is a mushy lookin layer, up to a few mm from the bottom.

Any suggestions, much appreciated, cos I really wanted this to work, so I could trip, grr.

Thanks

--------------------
My vision fell upon the seven tall candles upon the table. At first they wore the aspect of charity, and seemed white slender angels who would save me: but then all at once there came a most deadly nausea over my spirit, and I felt every fibre in my frame thrill, as if I had touched the wire of a galvanic battery, while the angel forms became meaningless spectres, with heads of flame, and I saw that from them there would be no help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjred

Re: Nothing is Growing [Re: Igor]
    #4369783 - 07/04/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

wait wait wait...72 is way to cold for any fast growth in 9 days

Offlinedjred

Re: Nothing is Growing [Re: djred]
    #4369786 - 07/04/05 05:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

even with wet jars they will grow i know form exp.it will take a couple of months mine that were wet r still going about 90% done that was may 6i knocke dup

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Nothing is Growing [Re: Igor]
    #11458754 - 11/15/09 11:00 AM (7 years, 20 days ago)

My Shotgun FC usually does not get warmer than 72 degrees, and it works perfect. Infact, I have read posts/seen growlogs of cakes growing in the 60's as well.

Humidity means nothing while colonizing jars. Don't even think about it. and 72 is perfectly fine for colonization, the inside of your jars will be a few degrees warmers than the outside anyway. 75 should be perfect. dont use incubaters, they are stupid.

for growth, Your problem would be humidity. Cakes need at least 90%. Make a shotgun FC and get that humidity up, you will see growth.

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Edited by LongStrangeTrip (11/15/09 11:03 AM)

OfflineEsromeron
Boku No Atama
Male

Loc: i thought you knew!
Re: Nothing is Growing [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #11458804 - 11/15/09 11:13 AM (7 years, 20 days ago)

LongStrangeTrip, this thread is well over 4 years old. Also from what I've read, the optimum temperatures were thought to of been a lot higher back then.

--------------------
Watch This:
The Pharmacratic Inquisition

Read This:
Prometheus Rising

Offlinefordrew

Re: Nothing is Growing [Re: Esromeron]
    #11458870 - 11/15/09 11:30 AM (7 years, 20 days ago)

do people have anything better to do than bump 4 year old threads?

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Nothing is Growing [Re: fordrew]
    #11459840 - 11/15/09 03:00 PM (7 years, 20 days ago)

sry ima noob did not notice :frown:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation