Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
representation - whoring off shroomerys spellcheck
    #4369637 - 07/04/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

so I'm like at my friends home to use the computer and the Internet to
finish a paper
on cultural studies and his word ain't got English spell check, need to hand it in
within 2 hours so ill just whore off shroomerys spell check to make sure
the paper is neat.

if anyone cares, ill just let the stuff in here, enjoy the read.

recognition ?decoding of visual perception of the object in terms of a concept of it which you have in your head?

Minding things as recognition as something that precisely defined was quite a blast to be honest.
It seemed to me upon reading, that every way in which we perceive our world, is operated by certain systems and routines of thoughts. It was quite fascinating listening to conversation of fellow students at bars or restaurants in the following days, because conversation is also led and ruled by certain systems.

It was very interesting to see when people described something to someone else, like, the way a statue in a museum looked like, because this concept of the mental representation was basically followed tot he point as stated in the book. The creation of the mental image,
the concept of an object, being created in someones mind by specific descriptions and usage of language in means of representation. Clearly this was sort of applied mental representation.

Also, having seen the movie, ?Miss Smilla?s Feeling for Snow? and reading about the Inuit termini for different forms of snow, was interesting to read as i think the movie was simply great!

Going on featuring the color codes of the ?Language of traffic lights? was another great example of showing how meaning is being assigned and directly understood as means of operation such as stand/move, going into deep analysation of meanings of the very basics of the colors in different parts of the world / states of thoughts.

Analyzing the Gucci ad minding Saussure's system of the signifier/signified was also interesting to apply the systems directly.
The signifier, as every time for me when i look at advertisement for clothing, was besides serving the use of an ?object of display? always very interesting tot think of how a certain character may be.
Given, they do the shooting and the job, they pretty much step into another role of representation, neglecting how they usually are and just being reduced to the very presentation of whatever object they may sell.

:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Edited by ohmatic (07/04/05 04:51 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: representation - whoring off shroomerys spellcheck [Re: ohmatic]
    #4369738 - 07/04/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub