Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Some cool fire pics
    #4369465 - 07/04/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

At the end of March this year there was a decent sized fire on Main Street in my city. One of my older brothers is on the fire department for our city, and another is on the department for the next city over. The brother that was in the fire gave us a CD with 100 some pictures they took of the whole thing. The quality isn't really great on them, most of them are blurry. But here are some of my favorites:

The front of the building. There's a restaurant on the left side, and an art supply store on the right. They were extremely worried about the art store because they used the basement to store gallons upon gallons of very explosive chemicals:

That's my brother and a family friend up in that bucket. They had two buckets in front and one in back of the building just pouring as much water as possible in there:

This shot was towards the end of the night when they finally got it under control:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Some cool fire pics [Re: DNKYD]
    #4369467 - 07/04/05 02:54 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Wow. So the did end up getting it out before it spread to the other stores? how long did it take? What was the cause?

Cool pics.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4369469 - 07/04/05 02:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

wow..where you there?

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Some cool fire pics [Re: Toddo]
    #4369475 - 07/04/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

They got the fire out before it spread. I think it took a little more then 3 or 4 hours. I don't remember what caused it, I think I heard it was something electrical. These are all old, old buildings (100+ years) and some of them aren't up to code.

I didn't know it was happening until I drove up to work to check my schedule. Someone there told me about it so I tried driving past it on my way home but they had all of main street blocked off. I live about a 10 minute walk from there.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4369476 - 07/04/05 03:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Wow.

Off topic, your avatar is great :lol:.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Some cool fire pics [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4369479 - 07/04/05 03:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I knew he was innocent all along

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub