Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

hey what are these
    #4369030 - 07/04/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

on was wondering what these things are because they sit outside my house fit the description of Inocybe aeruginascens and are usually more brown orange color later in the summer and appear next to my pine in the mulch this is the most pale i have seen them would appreciate help

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: hey what are these [Re: thedudenj]
    #4369118 - 07/04/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Start by making a spore print on white paper and letting us know what color it comes out.

Most species of Inocybe have a strong odor. What do these smell like?

If it is an Inocybe, other than a few distinctive species, we need to use a microscope to make an accurate ID.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: hey what are these [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4369249 - 07/04/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Aeruginascens is Latin for being/becoming blue-green. Your mushrooms may be Inocybes, but if you don't see blue, then the only trip they will give you is a trip to the hospital.

I don't see any blue.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: hey what are these [Re: shroomydan]
    #4369312 - 07/04/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

average muscarine poisoning wouldnt nessisarily require hospitalization.
its is very seldom serious. but certainly you want to avoid it. a small ammount of nightshade would ease the poisoning associated with inocybes. but avoiding the situation is the best treatment.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: hey what are these [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4409039 - 07/15/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

do you think they contain muscarine cause i love that stuff and amanita

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #4410425 - 07/16/05 12:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the bottom picture shows many similarities to Ps. Stunzii, which, I believe alot of Ps. species to be in the TYPE: Inocybia or whatever the fuck it is. I dont wanna look and find where I read that, but its like lycium.com or whatever. Anyways, in the bottom picture those lines goind outward toward the margin, and the overall appearance of the caps, there. They do seem very dried looking. Anyways, thats my two cents, but I really have a shitload to research.

Oh by the way im definitely NOT saying they're stuntzii, which im not sure it grows there, anyways. Just that they do "resemble" stunzii.

Edited by psiclops (07/16/05 12:32 AM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4411706 - 07/16/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thedudenj, I'd be really surprised if you (or anybody else) like muscarine. The toxin you're probably thinking of is muscimole (and ibotenic acid).

The symptoms of muscarine poisoning are sweating, teary eyes, urination, diarrhea, gastrointestinal distress (stomach cramps), and vomiting. If you "love that stuff" then you are one strange person.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies