Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens
    #4367508 - 07/03/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Walgreens Programs Cash Registers to Prohibit Sales of Products with Dextromethorphan to Minors
July 1, 2005 - pharmalive.com

DEERFIELD, Ill. - Effective July 1, Walgreens cash registers will be programmed to prohibit sale of all products containing dextromethorphan (also known as DXM) to anyone younger than 18, the company announced. IDs will be required for proof of age.

Walgreens has taken this voluntary action in response to growing nationwide concern about potential misuse of these products. The company previously took voluntary action by limiting sales of some of these products.

"This is not an easy thing for our stores to do," said Debbie Garza, Walgreens director of Government and Community Relations, "but as a leader in our industry we believe it's a responsible move to help parents, educators and law enforcement officials."

Walgreens sells more than 200 cough and cold products containing dextromethorphan.

Walgreen Co. is the nation's largest drugstore chain with fiscal 2004 sales of $37.5 billion. The company operates more than 4,800 stores in 45 states and Puerto Rico. Walgreens also provides additional services to pharmacy patients and prescription drug plans through Walgreens Health Initiatives (a pharmacy benefits manager), Walgreens Mail Service, Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy and Walgreens Home Care.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens [Re: veggie]
    #4368518 - 07/04/05 02:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

haha that is some buullshit,l nothing that is going to help the problem, just showing off for the media...

im goingn to go in there next time i have a cold, and start drinking it before i get to the register, then when they ask for i.d. i will say i dont have it and see what happens...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens [Re: veggie]
    #4368885 - 07/04/05 07:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Gee, I wonder if theft will rise at Walgreens :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens [Re: Organic]
    #4368915 - 07/04/05 08:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
Gee, I wonder if theft will rise at Walgreens :smirk:

Heh! I was thinking the same thing. And about half of all syrup-heads steal their DXM anyway.....

Offlinefrabuno
tiras gadol

Loc: the hood yo
Re: I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4369792 - 07/04/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

WTF
what if a kid without parents who will take the time to go with him has a cold.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens [Re: frabuno]
    #4369921 - 07/04/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

He can buy CHILDREN'S Robitussin...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens [Re: Rose]
    #4370045 - 07/04/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Only some kinds...he'll be turned down for the most effective cough ones unless there is some Children's type exception to the rule.

Only ones I could find non-dxm had an expectorant only, no cough supressant. Most have DXM in them.

Quote:

Children's Cough & Cold Syrup ? Calms coughs and clears stuffy noses and goes down with a great cherry or grape taste.

Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp)
Dextromethorphan HBr, 7.5 mg ... Cough suppressant
Pseudoephedrine HCI, 15 mg ... Nasal decongestant
See label for full information

Robitussin Children's Formulas? Because even little people get big coughs and colds.
Robitussin has a complete line of effective Children's products specially formulated for the needs of young children, so that mom can have complete confidence that she's providing the best care for her child.

* All Robitussin Children's products are alcohol and sugar free.
* Robitussin Children's Syrups control coughs for up to 8 hours.
* Available in great tasting cherry, fruit punch and grape flavours.

Children's Stubborn Cough DM Syrup ? Controls coughs and soothes a sore throat for up to 8 hours in a great tasting fruit punch flavour. Specially formulated to treat only coughs with just one active ingredient.

Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 7.5 mg ... Cough suppressant
See label for full information

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens [Re: Organic]
    #4374765 - 07/06/05 03:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I bet he still can buy it...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: I.D. required to buy DXM at Walgreens [Re: Rose]
    #4375089 - 07/06/05 08:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The article mentions nothing about cashier discretion...it will be like ringing up alcohol/tobacco...it will ask for ID.

Don't you know DXM addicts send their kids in to get their fix for them?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale