Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesmartbomb
Stranger
Bulk Rye Colonization ?'s
    #4367262 - 07/03/05 09:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey folks - great site here.  I've lurked for a while but this is my first post.  I grew out my first cubensis shrooms on PF cakes back in the days before World Wide Web (!) when a friend taught me the technique and hooked me up with some spores.  I've got some experience with cubensis and sterile technique.  I've been reading through your grow guides, and I have a couple of questions about bulk colonization using rye.

I'd like to try using the method outlined in "The Illustrated Mushroom Grower's Guide".  I've got the space and equipment to get by (large pressure cooker, sealed room that I can keep pretty sterile).  I'm just curious to know if it's really necessary to use mycelium on agar to inoculate the jars or if I could just prep jars of rye similar to PF and inoculate them with spore water.  I just got some of Hawk's Eye spores and I'd like to try it.  Any thoughts on this?  I did a search but yielded no results.  If this has been asked and answered (thoroughly) please point me in the right direction.

Thanks and happy shrooming :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation