Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Quid while you're ahead -- 10gr of chewed fresh Salvia leaves
    #4365685 - 07/03/05 06:48 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Chewing fresh Salvia divinorum leaf... The way it is traditionally used. Would it succeed in bringing about a fruitful state in smaller amounts as leace tea? Yes sirree!

I just cut 10gr of fresh Salvia leaves off my plant. I decided to quid it to see if it would have useful effects despite being only 10gr.

I timed it. I chewed leaf by leaf, keeping the juice in my mouth and swallowing whenever it got disgusting. In this way I processed 10gr in 12.5 minutes. At 5 minutes i was aware, with about 5gr leaf in.

At 15 minutes... whOA! I got hit by an intensity fully comparable to  smoking 20+mg 10x extract but it kept going and going!
I got a little worried. How high was I going to get? I had a tachycardia of 120 breats per minute which i kept obsessing over.
People: this was INTENSE! Had I taken 20gr or so i would've been direly, genuinely and sincerely in trouble by its intensity.

The nature of the room had changed. When I walked around I was clearly intoxicated. I walked through my garden absentmindedly whispering "wow.. wow.." There was Story even with open eyes. All the great names were at the tip of my tongue. Beethoven, Celcius..

I got afraid. How high was I going to get? And as heartbeat of 120.. how high was that going to get? I remembered Redgreenvines' motto:
Relax.
And so I did.

At 30 minutes i lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. I wanted to push the visuals into the direction i wanted but they had plans of their own. Then, out of the blue, I relived a childhood occurrance with unique vividness, including several alternate endings of the sequence. I regressed: I had the good feeling of being 12, exactly that feeling of a fresh nervous system  :smile:
You notice maturing. If you scratch your additional knowledge and personality development the world feels more pristine because your nervous system is still young and developing.

One hour in I decided the visionary part had come into completion but now, 1:30 in, I find myself to be still quite intoxicated as noticed by perception, thought and what the hippies called a body buzz.

Take a few friends in a livingroom.
On the table is a platter with fresh Salvia leaves. Each occasionally chews a leaf to maintain height or increase it a bit. Discussing and experiencing. Thats the way Salvia gatherings should be. No smoked extracts or dried herbs: a platter of fresh leaves for chewing. Only when you chew the leaf does the duration make it meaningful and the continuous process makes it controllable.

I was shocked by the vivid intensity. Chewing can go just as far as smoking, only much longer, which really means it takes you further.
This state was MOST useful for shamanic and therapeutic purposes.

And thats why we al should get a plant. Chewing fresh leaf, bitter as it initially may be (like bitter liqourish root), is the way to go :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Quid while you're ahead -- 10gr of chewed fresh Salvia leaves [Re: Asante]
    #4365962 - 07/03/05 09:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

sounds good  :cool:

reminds me that I still was getting a cutting from someone! I grew salvia too a while back but I don't have any eat the moment. I'm going after it :tongue2:

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4365986 - 07/03/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I once got a bonus order from bouncing b, and they sent me 52 gms of dried salvia foliage, rather than the 52 grms of aminitas i had orginally ordered, and let me keep the two bads of foliage...i ended up making the foilage into a tea concoction, in collaboration with a mild dose of fresh shroomies, and jeez it made the whol house smeel like spinach, lol :smile:  but the teas was damned good, and potent... gave me a very similar feeling to that of what you are describing.

this was about 3 years ago, when i was still quite unexperienced with the sage, but it turned out very similar to your report!

Very nice wiccan seeker, and i have been wanting to grow my own fresh plants for a while now...but i have been pretty nomadic :smile:

maybe now is the time.

thank you for the re-insiration

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4366312 - 07/03/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Salvia has a thing for reliving childhood expiernces. It is quite weird. Every time ive broke thru its been me reliving like my 3 year old bday party at my deadgrandparents house and stuff like that.

Normally leave me feeling a little depressed afterwards, very powerful stuff but not for me.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Quid while you're ahead -- 10gr of chewed fresh Salvia leaves [Re: baraka]
    #4366555 - 07/03/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Reliving childhood memories on Salvia was new to me. Quidding definately is the way to go: you need not make extracts to get to height and you'll have something beyond a 3 minute oomph.

00:00 start chewing
00:05 aware
00:10 chewed out
00:15 full intensity
01:00 intensity dwindles
02:00 trip over

in this way you can dose it better, i find smoked Salvia to be too fast to be comfortable. It takes more leaf, but quidding is superior.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4366569 - 07/03/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the report W_S! I gotta try that sometime, I've smoked extracts a couple times, broke through, was way to high way to fast to be real useful. I should try this method sometime.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4366579 - 07/03/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

that's great....can never collect enough information on sall.

:sun:

--------------------

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4366646 - 07/03/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Good report, thanks a lot.  I'm not sure I would try this but the information is good to have.  :smile:

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Quid while you're ahead -- 10gr of chewed fresh Salvia leaves [Re: Trav]
    #4367270 - 07/03/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Does it have the intensity of takeing an enourmous bong rip of 15x and holding till your face turns blue and last for 3 minutes? If it does, that's gotta be one hell of a ride!!

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4367578 - 07/03/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

nice report
nice salad.

good idea about sharing leaves in a civilized way.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: Quid while you're ahead -- 10gr of chewed fresh Salvia leaves [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4368174 - 07/04/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like a better way then the 15 minute super trip.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order