Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever
    #4366350 - 07/03/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Three days ago was the last time, I had a horrible experience were I blacked out and fainted the trip before that. I turned green and my eyes were rolled back in my head as if I drowned, and no they were not poisonous shrooms, they were p. cubes grown from spores I bought from a sponsor. The fact is that shrooms effect me physically, I don't know how but they make me want to pass out and die. And I could die too, my blood pressure could drop so low that I could stop breathing (I have low blood pressure to begin with). There is no point in taking them again, I will only get paranoid about dieing and end up having bad trip(also with the fact that its possible that I could blackout again and never wake up). Ive tripped shrooms about 6 times in my life and I'm not saying they are evil. They are your friend, but not to abuse them. They're done for me, they have done there good in my life, they have brighten my eyes up, I have a new view on the world. I know the world shouldn't be taken for granted, I know what death can be like. Well I just wanted to give my goodbye to them, I never really knew scientifically how shrooms effects you physically. I know they do something physically with your blood pressure, blood sugar, I dont know I wish I knew. Well good luck everybody and remember, take shrooms with care.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4366369 - 07/03/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah sounds like you should stay away from them. Good thing you're alive today.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4366480 - 07/03/05 04:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:
I had a horrible experience were I blacked out and fainted the trip before that. I turned green and my eyes were rolled back in my head

Sounds like your taking far too high a dose if your blacking out and your eyes are rolling.

About the green thing, did people witness you turning green or did you look in a mirror or look at your arms or something?

Only reason I ask is that if I look at my arms when I'm on shrooms they can look alien like and are a weird shade of green and the hairs on my arms kind of look like mutant insect hairs.

I haven't actually turned green but sometimes my drugged mind makes it appear that way!  :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4366487 - 07/03/05 04:04 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Naw my friends said I turned a greenish pail, they thought I died, I just remmember being sooooooo scared, I don't remember much. :frown:

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4366510 - 07/03/05 04:13 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

how much did you take?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: freddurgan]
    #4366795 - 07/03/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

3-4 grams

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4366880 - 07/03/05 06:57 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

sounds pretty potent.
that coupled with anxiety, put you into shock.
like a minor fracture, the sensation of sudden sickening loss of normal self-image and feeling stimulates shock and blackout.
i had it when i cracked my arm bone once, bone diddnt break all the way through, but it felt like my whole arm snapped.
diddnt hurt at all actually, just felt a dull tingle and the sensation that my elbow went passed my hand.
that feeling, that siickening realization kocked me out cold, i woke up in shock and remained so for hours untill the doctor x-rauyed it and i realized it wasnt all twisted.

the mind does alot to the body. psilocybin, by itself, however does not.

sounds like you went into shock from the fear of loss of a reality you are very connectd to and depend upon.

like how neo vomited and blacked out when he was told that evrything was a lie after he left the matrix. or how morpheus explained that after a certain age they don't remove people, its dangerous and they have too many attachments.
i think here, you have too much of an attachment and even psychological dependance on the reality youve learned to accept over your lifetime. youre comfortable with it and take it for granted. but take it away and its a mental trainwreck for you. your mind may shut you down as a defensive measure to protect you from some personal truth. something not tied strongly to the world you live on a day to day basis. something you desperately subconsiouly are terrified by. and were talking intence mortal fear here.
you probably know what it is as the muhrooms creep up on you and at that time, you fear its comming for you and the fear piles up, like you are headded unstoppably towards something like death. perhaps it IS in fact death you fear. like, you fear it deeply (as any living thing naturally ought to)
but you filter out that fear so you may live.
mushrooms remove that filter. so you become floodded with obsessive thoughts of doom... actually a normal symptom. very very common.

also not uncommon it fear to become shock, and hock becomes loss of consiousness, returning to coniousnes in a twisteed state of ego split could be like a rebirth, skipping life and being borne directly to hell. like life was a thought, a blink, a dream,

and now your awake to suffer the real life, the eternal emptyness for the attachment you selfishly put on your borrowed time, your life was never yours ans now your faced with the realizatiuon it was all a lie you convinced yourself.

yeah that could put ME into shock... but ive been there, and managed to dance it. it wasn't a fun i could make a sane game of. but i do NOT regret it.

perhaps i should have been more prepaired. but ive done it again a few times and it always gets me.

like thats the reality and its the same place and time as the last time and the time before. that im ducking in and out of the world. personally, i feel it is gradual acclimation to the inevitable here and now that surrounds us.
i spend my life more and more carefully, taking ever more time to consider the right path, and thogh i cant change eternity....
im slowly changing my memory. and thats what it all about.

what im saying. is i think your missing out, that fear is holding you back. its okay to be afraid. its scary.
but you cant have courage if you are not first afraid.

its like in the song "terrapin station"

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/grateful-dead/62475.html

lyrics above, see if you can picture it.

--------------------

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4367143 - 07/03/05 09:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

3 to 4 grams is a pretty high dose for some people. If you ever try the stuff again try 1.5 to 2 grams and see how that feels.

I'm a self confessed light weight when it comes to some drugs. I take pills in halves while my friends double or triple drop them!

Everyones different! You just have to find out what works for you  :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4367685 - 07/04/05 12:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Mitchnast I agree with you man, Its very scary, I fear many things and shrooms do remove that filter, but it is not anxiety that has caused these blackouts. When I blacked out on shrooms it happened on the most unexpected moments, I know its something to do with my blood pressure, I observed the feeling the last trip, I felt really light headed and I could feel my self giving in. Also in the past I remember passing out one time for no reason at all. I was pouring some milk in a cereal bowl and then wam! I fainted. Does anyone know any reference on shrooms effecting you physically with your blood pressure? They have to somehow I see no other explanation.

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness

#4367723 - 07/04/05 12:26 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i think just about all tryptamines are vasoconstricters.
but generally if i black out for no apparent reason its because i smoked too much very potent pot.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #4367758 - 07/04/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

wow, I'm really sorry to hear about that. Psychedelics aren't for everyone and that is for sure. Hopefully you have learned what you needed from them and can move on. I also hope that this last experiance doesn't leave you with PSTD.

It really rubs me the wrong way when someone says they are quitting shrooms for whatever reason, and then someone else comes on and says that they can't handle the naked truth of reality and are too attached to their own self constructed illusion to handle psychedelics, and that they just need to learn to let go. I respect you for your decision and don't think that you should give shrooms another try unless you feel like it.

You very may well have had a seizure and could be risking your health by toying with psychedelics.

I also hope that you choose to stay with us here at the shroomery, as I have always thought of you as a valuable member of the community. I think you know what it's all about and are walking the path of life as strongly as one can. I can't really remember things that you've said, or if we have even ever exchanged words, but I always remember that you seemed like a wise, intelligent person.

Good luck, peace, and love,

dr0mni

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: dr0mni]
    #4368231 - 07/04/05 03:10 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the compliments dr0mni! yeah dude I'm sticking around. Just not allot in the culti anymore. :tongue: Im going to sleep now Im really tiered, I tried searching for some studies relating shrooms and the physical body. Couldn't find anything. Oh well good night shroomery!

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness

Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: dr0mni]
    #4369116 - 07/04/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

so sorry that you have a wrong way to be rubbed.

i diddnt know carefully though-out suggestions were taboo.

"and that they just need to learn to let go."

i suppose if i actually suggested this, it would make my message alot like what you think it is. but ive never been a strong advocate of "letting go" whatever that is supposed to be.

Edited by Mitchnast (07/04/05 01:02 PM)

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

#4370203 - 07/04/05 09:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I know how you feel. Sometimes my vision fades to black for fractions of a second on shrooms repeatedly for 10-15minutes and I get chest pains, etc. When it happens I think I am going to have a heart attack or something. I don't know if it is my body or my mind but I found that taking a lower dosage combats that. My guess is that this happened during your comeup period (always where I experience it) and that it was at least in part due to your mindset. If you haven't tried a low dosage before I suggest you try it.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness

Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: FreedomFight]
    #4370363 - 07/04/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

hmm, i think intense bad trips really jinx future experiences.
meaning it would likely be rather unenjoyable for him to endevour experimentation, whatever the perceived benefit.
fear of the bad side coupled with intence sensation of recognition would pretty much kick up a bad trip.

--------------------

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4370403 - 07/04/05 11:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The thing is I had just tripped for my first time this weekend, and all I could think of was dying or worse staying the way I felt, I cant even explain it really just a sense of somethings not right, that I shouldn't see my hand morph into crazy shit, something clicked and said this is not right and I started fighting it real bad. it was the worst 2 hours of my life. You can read my full trip report here http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4366468

The thing I wanted to let you know is that if you think about something your mind is going to do it, what you say happens physically to you might be so but your mind is allowing it to happen. I know its hard to not think about your past experiences, but you need to try to clear your mind and not think about passing out or blacking out, Because when you think about it its going to happen. I dont know if I made any sense, but thats just my two cents.

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: prefloppro]
    #4370978 - 07/05/05 02:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

psychedelics are not for everyone. Not to say that "you cant handle it" or whatever, but it does affect people in different ways.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: Crestfallen]
    #4371696 - 07/05/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like an intense trip
have a break

--------------------
lucidal expansion

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4373846 - 07/05/05 11:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

""also with the fact that its possible that I could blackout again and never wake up""

I find it funny, one could not ever notice that one blackout, and never wake up! hence, if you did it whilst reading this word, you could aswell have been tripping.. (maybe even you are.. :P )

"The undead lives not through death, and a life!"
-Unknown :P

""I never really knew scientifically how shrooms effects you physically.""

Eating 'poisonous' shroom, you 'die'...
Eating  'magical'  shroom,  you 'trip'...

Eating 'an overdose' of something,  you 'die'...
Eating  'just enough' of something, you 'trip...'

:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: This is it, Im quitting shrooms, No more forever [Re: Gomp]
    #4375293 - 07/06/05 12:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I mean physically like effecting your blood/blood pressure.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being