Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChronicBarry
Willy Wonka'sIntern

Loc: Bat Country
HELP! Left jars incubating for a week, came home to trouble...PICS
    #4360287 - 07/01/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've posted earlier about going away for a week and leaving my 7 two week old BRF jars incubating while I was away. POST The consesus was too leave them incubating. Well, I did and also flipped each jar before i left. I came home to one full conolized jar with a HUGE green contam, leaving me with 6 good jars. I further examined the six remaining jars and only 2 are at 100%, the rest seem stuck! My guess is the cakes are getting dry.
Basically what I'm asking is WHAT DO I DO? Do i keep incubating the unfinished ones, should I start the fruiting process with the two finished ones and cut the uncolonized parts off the rest, or am I royally screwed? Any advice will help. This is my first grow, but I was planning on casing my jars using the 50/50 tek. I actually wanted to try breaking up half the cakes like the teks say for casing and with the rest, putting them in a casing as whole cakes (read about doing that in a post), just to compare results. To all you out there that know your shroomies, please help. Thanks guys. ALSO, the contam. jar is goneski, so forget about that.

Jars 1+2
Front

Back

Bottom

Jars 3+4
Front

Back

Bottom

--------------------
Excuse me, while I kiss the sky...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerhet
Stranger

Re: HELP! Left jars incubating for a week, came home to trouble...PICS [Re: ChronicBarry]
    #4360395 - 07/01/05 04:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you could make your casing with those jars...they don't have to be fully colonized.

the front of jars 1&2 w/ the grey stuff....looks like cobweb contam....cut that out.

--------------------
http://www.mushroomvideos.com

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: HELP! Left jars incubating for a week, came home to trouble...PICS [Re: rhet]
    #4360433 - 07/01/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would wait to see if they are still having good growth or not before i popped them out.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

OfflineChronicBarry
Willy Wonka'sIntern

Re: HELP! Left jars incubating for a week, came home to trouble...PICS [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4361214 - 07/01/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

How much longer do you think I should wait?

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: HELP! Left jars incubating for a week, came home to trouble...PICS [Re: ChronicBarry]
    #4361222 - 07/01/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

until everything you see is white...every thing...

OfflineChronicBarry
Willy Wonka'sIntern

Re: HELP! Left jars incubating for a week, came home to trouble...PICS [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4364184 - 07/02/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Should I remove the fully colonized jars or leave them incubating? Some are showing progress while some aren't. Also, is cobweb contam really bad?

--------------------

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #4364227 - 07/02/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

No, cobweb is pretty easy to deal with. Also, those jars look pretty wet to me.
If you have some that are totally white, leave them in for a few more days, so the middle of the cake colonizes. If the others have completely stalled and are sitting too long in the incubator, you might have to cut out the uncolonized area. This must be done in a sterile environment.
I did this to some stalled b+ jars and what I cased produced pretty good.

GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineChronicBarry
Willy Wonka'sIntern

Re: HELP! Left jars incubating for a week, came home to trouble...PICS [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4366037 - 07/03/05 09:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Aight, I'll give it at most another week, then im birthing them. When I dunk thses suckers, do I take off the top layer of vermiculite?

--------------------

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
    #4366039 - 07/03/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yes, it should just come right out, but sometimes you have to rub it off with something sterile.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder