Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Is 49 days long enough to grow mushrooms?
    #4365118 - 07/03/05 02:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I will have to order spores online most likely, buy all necessary equipment, and start from scratch. Is 49 days long enough to grow psilocybes? I am moving after August 20th.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Is 49 days long enough to grow mushrooms? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #4365139 - 07/03/05 02:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you better start now and hope everything goes smoothly.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer
 Arcade Champion: Hexxagon

#4365160 - 07/03/05 03:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So I read some of your posts... since your asking a newb question and you have over 3000 posts...

49 days is plenty. You will need to start reading. I would really suggest that you do some bulgur wheat casings.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4223655

Make up some casings with 2quarts each of that recipe. You won't be needing anywhere near 7grams dry. Ha. 7grams of Bulgur Shrooms will certainly show you what REAL shrooms can do!

Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Good luck.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

Re: Is 49 days long enough to grow mushrooms? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4365180 - 07/03/05 03:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Just wait dude...49 days may be enough to grow "some mushrooms" but it would definately not be an efficient grow.

The following timeline is if everything goes smoothly....

Purchase and arrival of spores:
3-5 days

Preparation and inoculation of substrate:
1 day

Complete colonization of substrate:
With TiT Incubator /Cakes: 4-7 days
Without/ Cakes: 7-21 days
With TiT Incubator/Casing: 4-7days(Cakes)+1-3days(spawned casing)
Without/Casings: 7-21 days(cakes)+ 2-4 days (spawned casing)
(THIS ASSUMES THE CRUBLE & CASE METHOD)

Fruiting in chosen Grow Chamber:
PF style w/ ultrasonic: 4-9 days= pins
PMP: 3-6 days= pins

Pins-Full Grown:
2-3 days

So thats, 45 days without the TiT, just for the 1st flush. Then you have to cash the rest of your casing/cakes without benefiting from the next few flushes. You would essentially be wasting spore syringe and substrate material.

This is ONLY an estimate based on my experience, which has been limited in comparison to some others on this forum. If you do attempt I think you should invest time and $$$ in the TiT incubator as it would greatly increase your chances of success! THIS IS ALL ASSUMING GOOD STERILE TECHNIQUE ALSO. Goodluck, and hope this helped.

Edited by thashaman (07/03/05 03:13 AM)

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Is 49 days long enough to grow mushrooms? [Re: Quiescence]
    #4365238 - 07/03/05 03:26 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm a virgin to this stuff still. I'm only 20, I live on campus at college. The FD comes thru there once a year so I'm too scared to grow. Plus, my parents show up every once in a blue moon. I had plans to grow back in high school but I didn't trust the person whose house I would have used.

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

#4365335 - 07/03/05 04:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

DEFINATELY wait until you move. As you will see as you search the posts...Don't grow if your landlord/roommates(or in your case colleges) doesn't know you are doing it! It really isn't worth it. I think you should use the 49 days available to research/consult other growers/compare prices of supplies and prepare a plan. That way your first grow in your new place will be very "fruitful" and go more smoothly. But do as you wish. Goodluck and I'd be happy to pass on any knowlege you need.

OfflineRealnuggetz
Just a friend of the family
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco bay area
Re: Is 49 days long enough to grow mushrooms? [Re: thashaman]
    #4365606 - 07/03/05 07:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yea dude. I am in the beginning of a rotating grow, which means I am doing every step every day. My first casings are just pinning. I skipped the PF method. I bought all the wrong things at the wrong times. Man, everything would have gone much smoother if I carved the tek I was gonna use in stone, including substrate, spores, ect. For instance. I have not even had one harvest yet and I have went from BRF jars to birdseed bags, to corn jars, and now to wbs jars because I dont have the money to get bags now (by the way those birdseed bags I got colonise so damn fast). If I had just waited, saved the cash to buy a set amount of thermometers,spores, substrate, casing material, ect. to do a certain amount of growing, you know made my own recipe for one big cake, everything would not be so hecktic now.

--------------------
Nothin left to do but smile smile smile
ASK ME! about wholesale parcels of raw stones, gems, ect! Deals for the homies here! Also ask me about legal nationwide cbd cancer medicine. My moms friend, a doctor, just moved his whole family to colorado, so his epileptic son could get this tincture, and flies to GA, every week for work, when he could have used this, just in fear of losing his medical license there!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation