Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemoog
Stranger

lines/queues
    #4364676 - 07/02/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I was at the movie theater tonight with some friends. We got there kinda early so we were just messing around and waiting in the lobby before seating was allowed. We observed a line standing against the wall where the patrons show their tickets. We weren't sure what the line was for. So in a little while, they announce seating for our movie was starting. Well, the line of people suddenly turns into the line for showing tickets, so we realize they were waiting for the same movie we were. My friends and I casually walk over and merge into the line, which is now one of those crowd-type lines that end up being a few people wide instead of single-file.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and a woman behind me says "Excuse me, there's a line!" She and her husband were quite offended that I stepped in front of them. I simply said, "OK"" (I was in the line, I know there's a line). They looked very upset so rather than creating a scene I step aside and usher them in front of me. A couple seconds later another guy behind me says "You know there really is a line." So again rather than starting an argument over something stupid I step aside and usher him in front of me in a friendly manner. The people behind me at that point then didn't seem to care.

What is it with people and lines? Am I some sort of asshole for merging into the middle of a line?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: lines/queues [Re: moog]
    #4364688 - 07/02/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This is America.  And in America, we have the right to wait in line, wait in traffic, and wait for tax day.

That is all :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinekarmabeacon
the enginedriver

Loc: on a long run.
    #4364689 - 07/02/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like you might've done a poor merger, man. gotta come up from the rear and just sorta melt into it. i'm about 5'4/110lbs, though, and merge easily.

i tell you.. motherfuckers cutting in line is WEAK as hell. i was standing in 90 degree heat waiting to see modest mouse, got there an hour early to get up front. some bastard kids just walked past all of us to join their friends at the front.

happens all the fucking time.. goddamn kids.

can't say i haven't done it myself, but man that annoys me.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4364693 - 07/02/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, it is an assholish move to cut in the middle of a line, but I like the way you handled it. It's a win-win situation, simply let those who care go in front of you until you reach someone who doesn't.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: lines/queues [Re: karmabeacon]
    #4364695 - 07/02/05 10:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What's wrong with having someone wait in line for you and then joining up with them? I do that all the time.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinekarmabeacon
the enginedriver

Loc: on a long run.
Re: lines/queues [Re: Ravus]
    #4364706 - 07/02/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well, nothing really. except i stood in the heat for an hour to see a band i liked and those kids are tools and walked to the front of the line 10 minutes before the doors opened.

theyre asshats, and i was heavily biased. ha.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: lines/queues [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4364731 - 07/02/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I got to thinking about how much people wait in lines, and it's so funny. Just the concept of lines is kind of funny, that there's this unspoken social agreement that the last person arriving must wait after everyone else. It's just... weird.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: lines/queues [Re: Ravus]
    #4364735 - 07/02/05 10:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well, even if you merge in front of your friends, you're still adding people to the line, which makes the people behind you wait longer, no?

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4364745 - 07/02/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It all depends on the situation. If theres no reason to rush in then it shouldnt matter.

If you are trying to get near the stage of a concert I can totally understand being pissed off if somebody cuts in front of you.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4364856 - 07/02/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

moog said:
Well, even if you merge in front of your friends, you're still adding people to the line, which makes the people behind you wait longer, no?

Not really. What's the difference between you and 2 friends waiting in line the entire time, versus you waiting in line while your two friends get some vodka and join up with you near the entrance? Whether you're there the entire time or not makes no difference in terms of time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom