Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Obsessed!
    #4363839 - 07/02/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

After spending the past four days locked up in a dark room hazy with weed smoke, the computer screen filled with words, stopping only for sleep or food breaks when I must, blowing off my friends and ignoring the filth piling up behind me...I am starting to believe I might be obsessed.  :crazy2:

I feel kinda bad for neglecting the "real world" stuff, but honestly I've never been so happy.  I have to keep going, that's the only thought in my head.  I know I'll have to emerge eventually to soak up life experience again for my next writing binge, but until then I'm riding this streak for all its worth. 

So apologies to anyone I haven't responded to the past few days...I'm not ignoring you...I'll write back soon...

Anyone else obsessed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Obsessed! [Re: MOTH]
    #4363847 - 07/02/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Always.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4363858 - 07/02/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You're damned right Ellemy.  You are damned right.  :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4363859 - 07/02/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey thats awesome that your writing steady. :smile:

Whats the book going to be about and is this your first one???

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Obsessed! [Re: flowstone]
    #4363863 - 07/02/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yup,probably...

i wasn't on here,for like 5/6 months,battling homelessness....

but now i'm on 24/7.....guess it's just that season(wink)....

:sun:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Obsessed! [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4363873 - 07/02/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well, not technically my first one, but the first one I'm writing that is focused towards publishing. 

Hard to explain what it's about...think Alice in Wonderland meets Star Trek... 

It's a big colorful mess of shit right now...but as I write the spool unravels neatly. 

It's just I have to keep on going, know what I mean...

Glad there's some other obsessive freaks in the Pub tonight!  :tongue2:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4363893 - 07/02/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like it's going to be very good! :smile: You'll definately have to keep us updated.

I'll be expecting a signed copy. :grin:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Love is like a train...
Female

#4363902 - 07/02/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ellemy, clearly your writings, and current streak and obsession is being led by the alien force.  It is hard to deny the abduction, and when the supernatural gains control, there is nothing we can do but let them work their multi-dimensional magic...

Keep on time travelin. :cool:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Edited by XOIIAresIIOX (07/02/05 05:34 PM)

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Obsessed! [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4363913 - 07/02/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:
Sounds like it's going to be very good! :smile: You'll definately have to keep us updated.

I'll be expecting a signed copy. :grin:

I'll make sweet love to you for one.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Obsessed! [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4363919 - 07/02/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Jerry Garcia and Sammy Hagar both claimed to have been abducted by aliens, I read. :crazy:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Obsessed! [Re: Adamist]
    #4363925 - 07/02/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Jerry Garcia and Sammy Hagar both claimed to have been abducted by aliens, I read. :crazy:

Dont forget the lone African American kid on the Sandlot!  heh.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4363962 - 07/02/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

And Jimi Hendrix was an alien.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Obsessed! [Re: Adamist]
    #4363984 - 07/02/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Shhhhhh.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4364034 - 07/02/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
Ellemy, clearly your writings, and current streak and obsession is being led by the alien force.  It is hard to deny the abduction, and when the supernatural gains control, there is nothing we can do but let them work their multi-dimensional magic...

Keep on time travelin. :cool:

Funny you mention that, because I often reflect that I am being influenced by an alien power when I'm writing.

Love is like a train...
Female

#4364051 - 07/02/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The non-abductional nature and populus would refer to this "force" as ....

god.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4364071 - 07/02/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
The non-abductional nature and populus would refer to this "force" as ....

god.

:thumbup: :cool:

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4364107 - 07/02/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i would love to start writing some type of action sci-fi...but i just dont know where to start. Seems like you need a ton of background info on everything before you start.

Is this how you started? Im really interested in your writing topic...should make for a great book.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Obsessed! [Re: Toddo]
    #4364145 - 07/02/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Toddo said:
i would love to start writing some type of action sci-fi...but i just dont know where to start.  Seems like you need a ton of background info on everything before you start.

Is this how you started? 

I've noticed that some writers have an outline for everything, others write notes for years before they actually start their fiction, and some writers just let the story develop itself as they write. 

I use all three...I've been creating and recreating the world I'm writing in since I was 12...letting it evolve as I grew up.  I wrote stories as I took notes, to keep the ideas and skills fresh.  When I reached adulthood, I started going into the final evolution of the world, and realized that it was now or never for the real story to begin.  You can plan and plan for your book all you want...but unless you start writing, your ideas will grow stagnant in your head and the story left untold. 

To begin...god, wish I had some advice for you...but take comfort that starting is the hardest part and every writer has to start somewhere! :smile:  You may start over dozens of times before you hit your stride as you refine your story.  That's what I did...I have about 14 opening chapters on file.  But with enough experimentation and patience, I finally have one that I am happy with, that seems to "fit." 

The thing that's most important to remember...is that this is YOUR story.  If you hope for publication you need to reconcile your own desires with the culture you are appealing to, but if you write a story for anyone other then yourself, you'll be lost.  It took me SOO long to understand this. 

That's what I love about writing.  When you write a story, you're writing your story.  No matter the subject matter, the story comes from inside of you.  :heart:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4364199 - 07/02/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I wish I was writing as steadily as you right now Ellemy but I feel like now's a time for me to soak up rather than spill out...soon enough, soon enough.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Obsessed! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4364203 - 07/02/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know EXACTLY what you mean, Robot...glad to see I'm not the only writer that has a crazy 'input' and 'output' thing going on. I'll go for weeks without writing much of anything and then it all explodes out.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order