Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
DISASTER
    #4362906 - 07/02/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My first attempt has been a disaster and a mess. I have barely any mycelium & plenty 'o' sweet stink. I think I may have salvaged a small portion,  I have managed to bring some containers to a point where the myc. appear to be multiplying again (some better than others), though I think I'll be lucky to get any fruits.
Here's what I did to fix the problem;
I took the bacterially infected containers (pretty much every single one) and trasfered the contents to larger containers, then added more sterilized substrate, and shook.
How does everyone think it will turn out?
Also, does anyone know of a post or a tek for killing bacteria living with the mycelium, that will not kill the mycelium? My research on this site has led me to believe that using a light enough h2o2 solution, would do just that. though I've not been able to find details about such a procedure. :frown:

Because of all this, and the doubt that anything will survive, I have prepared new materials for a future attempt. Which is why I have been seeking prints. FYI

Also, I know where the infectoin was contracted... (nobody laugh) I showered with the box they were in, and the lid came off. Allowing my shower water to enter the containers. Big fat DUH, I know. I just wanted to raise the temp without anyone knowing what I was doing. Don't worry, I have found a much better solution for that particular prob.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Edited by austio_ferocious (07/02/05 11:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: DISASTER [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4362927 - 07/02/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

if you took bad spawn and mixed it with good spawn...

let's just say good doesnt overcome evil when it comes to substrates....the new spawn you have will contam as well.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: DISASTER [Re: memes]
    #4362964 - 07/02/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

next time you shower with your substrate make sure it wears flip flops :wink: hehe GL man!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: DISASTER [Re: coda]
    #4363103 - 07/02/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you could take it outdoors, that really helps combat bacillum.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineNyarlathotep
Hierophant

Loc: State Of Mind
Re: DISASTER [Re: Kalix]
    #4363137 - 07/02/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

To be on the safe side, toss it all and try again from the beginning. It sucks, but much less than eating contaminated mushrooms.

--------------------
"Go soar with Plato to the empyreal sphere,
To the first good, first perfect, and first fair;
Or tread the mazy round his followers trod,
And quitting sense call imitating God."
-- Alexander Pope, "Essays On Man"

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: DISASTER [Re: Nyarlathotep]
    #4363201 - 07/02/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

do like kalix said and do an outdoor tek, if it works then hey not all was lost, if it doesnt it doesnt.

--------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #4363396 - 07/02/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It's all in the cleanliness of the preparation. Sterilize EVERYTHING. if not, you're doomed even before you begin.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Re: DISASTER [Re: soochi]
    #4367585 - 07/03/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think I have managed to save a container or two. I sterilized new rye berries and hulled millet, transferred the few bits of substrate that appeared to be clean and healthily colonized. The new containers seem to be flourishing with white growth. B+ is growing like MAD! I will find the outdoor tek and put it to use with the containers that look the least healthy.
Thank you all for your valuable input. I greatly appreciate it. I'll keep you all current.
(I think I may be casing in the next few days.) YAY!!!
p.s. Nyarlathotep... never give up! Don't risk keeping contam'd containers with sterilized shit, but really never give up. Besides, I payed over 80$ for the spore.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4367641 - 07/03/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

austio_ferocious said: hulled millet

Hulled millet turns to mush & is  :thumbdown:.

--------------------

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: DISASTER [Re: memes]
    #4367738 - 07/03/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you shower with your shrooms too? I thought i was the only one...we need to start a support group for true mycophiles. lol good times and better luck next time!

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Re: DISASTER [Re: agar]
    #4367975 - 07/03/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I'm not liking the look of the mix. I think it is the millet turning to mush. Also slowing growth in the middle and bottom of the substrate. They've been shaken and overturned, in which condition I will leave them for a day or two. Think this will help?

Checking that link... thanks Agar.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom