Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineoptic
Stranger
Martha setup question
    #4362054 - 07/02/05 03:03 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I know a lot of people are using the martha setup and I was looking to upgrade from the pmp to the martha. I did have one quick question though... I was unable to find the answer in the few martha threads I found.

Do you have to use the ultrasonic with a hose or could you just place it inside the martha? Also, what is the main difference between the Ultrasonic Humidifier and the Cool Mist? I mean they are both humidifiers, why can't one do the job?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineoptic
Stranger
Re: Martha setup question [Re: optic]
    #4362073 - 07/02/05 03:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Okay... So I just found the answer to putting the humidifier inside the martha... NO.

Still looking for the reason to have two though.

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Martha setup question [Re: optic]
    #4362089 - 07/02/05 03:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You may not need two depending on the humidity of where you live. My coolmist keeps my three tier at 93% running 24/7 . The humidity where I live is about 80%.

Set it up and see what it gets you. If need be you will have to add some humidity. I wonder if not just running another coolmist 24/7 or on some type of cycle could be used instead of a humidifier or ultrasonic ? I'd rather gain all that fresh air using another coolmist.

Good Luck.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisibleDK1
Male
Re: Martha setup question [Re: HippieChick]
    #4406349 - 07/15/05 02:01 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

optic said:
I know a lot of people are using the martha setup and I was looking to upgrade from the pmp to the martha. I did have one quick question though... I was unable to find the answer in the few martha threads I found.

Do you have to use the ultrasonic with a hose or could you just place it inside the martha? Also, what is the main difference between the Ultrasonic Humidifier and the Cool Mist? I mean they are both humidifiers, why can't one do the job?

I recommend using the cool mist 24/7 and the ultra sonic on a timer.  The cool mist provides fresh air (hopefully its fresh) from outside of the closet and some humidity.  DO NOT BUY A COOL MIST WITH WHICKING ACTION!!!  (Whicking = possible contamination)
Do not run humidifier inside your Martha.  An ultra sonic humidifier produces fine visible mist and is produced through a metal vibration.

I have achieved 92% humidity when using a vick's kaz cool mist without an ultra sonic, so growing conditions can be achieved.  However I did find myself having to mist my casings at least once a day to keep that surface moist.  So I added my ultra sonic on a timer and now I don't have to mist my casings.  I guess that's what it all comes down to, lol.  I also like to keep a fan on the bottom of the shelf.  It keeps the air inside the closet moving and prevents it from becoming stale.  Most importantly stale air is host for contams so that constant movement of air helps.

As far as when you should use your ultra sonic and for how long and how often follow these steps.  Have everything running but ultra sonic then turn it on and time how long it takes for your Martha to fill with fog.  Once you can no longer see through it that is the amount of time it takes for proper moisture, turn off ultra sonic.  Then time how long it takes for all the mist dissappear, turn on ultra sonic... Repeat...  That will be your cycle.  Some like to use 15 mins on once every 2 hours.

Quote:

HippieChick said:
You may not need two depending on the humidity of where you live. My coolmist keeps my three tier at 93% running 24/7 . The humidity where I live is about 80%.

Set it up and see what it gets you. If need be you will have to add some humidity. I wonder if not just running another coolmist 24/7 or on some type of cycle could be used instead of a humidifier or ultrasonic ? I'd rather gain all that fresh air using another coolmist.

Good Luck.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

Like I was stating before about using the ultra sonic, it provides a fine visible mist.  A cool mist provides air exchange and some humidity.  Add 2 cool mists to one closet with no ultra sonic and I bet them casing layers will dry out fast.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation