Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
salvia preparedness
    #4360171 - 07/01/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Alright... i got my salvia in the mail today and i am ready to try it out. I was just wondering what you think they best way to administer it is. What setting and what method? This evening me and some friend are going out to a lake and having a fire. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to share the experience with everyone and do it there. The friends i am going with are very close. Any drug we try we try together. So i would be very comfortable. Plus its only three of them. Would you think its a good idea to do it there or save it for later. Also should i just smoke it as it is my first time or should i quid and smoke? ANy other methods i should maybe try.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

Re: salvia preparedness [Re: carl]
    #4360217 - 07/01/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The lake sounds great. I always feel extremely cooped up in my apartment in the afterglow of Salvia. All of the contemporary sorts of things around me just seem very dehumanizing and nauseating. To be outdoors amongst nature would be epic.

I would suggest becoming familiar with it before smoking at the lake, though. A body of water and a fire combined with a first time taking a powerful hallucinogen sounds a little accident prone.

Edited by TubOlucinogens (07/01/05 05:28 PM)

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: salvia preparedness [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4360248 - 07/01/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TubOlucinogens said:
The lake sounds great. I always feel extremely cooped up in my apartment in the afterglow of Salvia. All of the contemporary sorts of things around me just seem very dehumanizing and nauseating. To be outdoors amogst nature would be epic.

I would suggest becoming familiar with it before smoking at the lake, though. A body of water and a fire combined with a first time taking a powerful hallucinogen can sound a little accident prone.

Haha, i can deffinatly see where that could go wrong. But i have an ounce of leaves and no extract, so i think i am gonna take it slow. Plus two of the kids have done it before and we are not gonna all do it at once. We are gonna make sure there is a sitter at all times who is straight. I think it should be a good experience. I am unsure of how i want to use it thought. I heard using a quid and then smoking immediatly after has some really good effects, but i kinda want to get into it slow and not crash right into it. If anything i am the patient guy out of my friends who is willing to attempt it slow then jumo headfirst. THe other guys who have done it in the past got like a 50x and got blasted into another world... thats not what i want... i want to take it slow.

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4360257 - 07/01/05 05:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

great setting,but as said,take whatever cauion that os nessesary

i'd go the bong route,if it's extract you don't need a torch lighter,i don't use one for any method,but i'm lazy,and cheap,haha...

i'd say,get a REALLY confortable chair,or even better ,a nice VERY soft spot to lay on the ground,becuse you'll be laying on the ground,trust me....

have a great time man....

:sun:

--------------------

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4360270 - 07/01/05 05:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

If anything i am the patient guy out of my friends who is willing to attempt it slow then jumo headfirst. THe other guys who have done it in the past got like a 50x and got blasted into another world... thats not what i want... i want to take it slow.

That's awesome, man. That attitude, I think, will get you far with Salvia, and you will reap personal benefits this way. Patience and humility is a must with this plant.

Edited by TubOlucinogens (07/01/05 05:42 PM)

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
    #4360767 - 07/01/05 08:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well i tried it once at my house just to see what would happen. So i smoked three bowls and while i was smoking i thought i saw some color pattern changes in the trees but nothing serious. Then i started to feel kinda high and realized that the resin in the pipe was giving me a buzz. So anyways i dont think i got to much off of this first smoke, but i hear its reverse tolerance... so mabye tonight will be better. Also the extract i have is an oil. Whats the best way to use it??? should i just pour some on the leaves in the bowl or wha?

OfflineLibertarian
Stranger
    #4362843 - 07/02/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The reg doesn't work for everyone (although there are some purists who believe extracts are bs). You might want to start at 5x, and move up if need be, but the leaf is usually a bummer

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
Re: salvia preparedness [Re: Libertarian]
    #4363010 - 07/02/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If you're wanting to take it slow and get a better sense of what the plant has to offer- I'd suggest chewing a quid. The taste isn't great but it has the advantage over smoking that the effects develop more gradually. Smoking brings a more abrupt transition in headspace.
I usually rehydrate my leaves with a bit of water beforehand as this seems to help the quid hold together better. It also seems to help cut down the initial bitterness.
My two cents.

\m/

--------------------
\m/

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

Re: salvia preparedness [Re: Libertarian]
    #4363148 - 07/02/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

there are some purists who believe extracts are bs

"Purists" would have you believe that burning the plant is offensive to the Salvia consciousness, in the Oaxacan's case, the Virgin Mary.

The leaf can be a mild experience for most people but it is still a quaint introduction nonetheless. In my experience, it's very important to build a relationship with this plant and it's experience, and I even noticed a sort of "initiation" process happening when I first began with it. Credible extracts smoked correctly will be incredible and intense at that.

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

#4366276 - 07/03/05 02:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i see some one going for a swim during a vision and awaking before god to find out that he died while at the lake, and having to explain to god how the hell that happened lol. lake bad idea unless there is a sitter

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia preparedness [Re: JoeyBond]
    #4367566 - 07/03/05 11:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

no superstition please

just know it is strong and brief,
taken slow it won't reach much of a threashold but will still be brief.

taken too quickly (like smoking too much) it will seem utterly too strong, then it will be quickly over.

fascinating in a way.
delicious when you get the right amount in a puff or two.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: salvia preparedness [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4367718 - 07/04/05 12:24 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Alright... i got my salvia in the mail today and i am ready to try it out. I was just wondering what you think they best way to administer it is. What setting and what method? This evening me and some friend are going out to a lake and having a fire.

Well, salvia is a 10-20 minute experience for each trip you have. so really, u dont need to be that prepared... its not like your taking peyote you know. but as for being prepared, anything can be fun when tripping as long as uve got good music.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience