Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

Help needed!!! Pins in the sides of my casings!!!
    #4359892 - 07/01/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hello all,

Well my first few casings ever finally pinned after 8 days. They are somewhat dried out and my pin sets weren't magnificent but I had a quick question. I can't imagine it hurting anything but in my PESA casing I have a plethora of pins trying to pin out the side of the casing. I was wondering if I should carefully remove the casing from its container, turn the container over like a little table top and treat the casing as a huge cake. Would this give the pins coming from the sides of the casings more room to grow? There are more pins coming out the sides of the casings than out the top. this is only Day 2 of pins...Any input would help. Thanks.

Sides of casing...

And the top of the same casing...

Also please go easy on the flaming, this is my first attempt at casing..

Thanks guys/gals

Edited by thashaman (07/01/05 02:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards2
Stranger thanyou

Loc: in my mind
Re: Help needed!!! Pins in the sides of my casings!!! [Re: thashaman]
    #4359905 - 07/01/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

cover the sides of that clear container and you won't have that problem again. they will always grow toward a light source. no light thru the sides and no shrooms will grow there.
good luck
peace

--------------------
If you are not sure what you are doing STOP and go read some on what you are trying to do.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #4359907 - 07/01/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

either put aluminum foil, duct tape, electrical tape, or just paint it, its doing that because light is getting through the sides, clear is bad.

--------------------

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

Re: Help needed!!! Pins in the sides of my casings!!! [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4359920 - 07/01/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks guys, I knew why it was doing that, but I just wanted to know. At this point, will I be able to harvest more if I take it out of the casing container and treat it as a cake, or leave it. I know what to do NEXT TIME. But this time, should I take it out to save the pins coming out the sides??? Thanks again!

Offlinewannabemushy
Stranger

Re: Help needed!!! Pins in the sides of my casings!!! [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4359925 - 07/01/05 02:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i had the same problem and i was told to just place foil and then take it out of the plastic container that its in and just put it upside down on the foil and gently tap it so it slides right off. mine are now growing off the sides, not so much on the bottom (which is now the top) but a couple are growing.

heres a pic of some shrooms growing on the sides after i did this

Also, after i did this because it was kind of dry, i put it infront of the AC for a whole day and misted lightly and fanned hourly and then the next morning more pins were popping up.

:eek:

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4359938 - 07/01/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I was dumb and forgot to cover a casing a little while back. It formed around 10 pins or so around the sides like you have. I decided to just cover the sides and leave them. They came up during the second flush as giant mushrooms.

I have heard that they can rot... but mine didn't. So I would say just leave them be. But not sure if yours will turn out as well as mine did...

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help needed!!! Pins in the sides of my casings!!! [Re: Quiescence]
    #4359970 - 07/01/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

from all the reading ive done id say pick those pins and then cover with alum foil.  No reason to chance losing a casing on a few pins that decided to go south because of laziness :smile:  GL!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

Re: Help needed!!! Pins in the sides of my casings!!! [Re: coda]
    #4360033 - 07/01/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

OK WELL...Thanks for all the input. I decided to go ahead and make this huge cake out of my casing by taking it out of its container, inverting the container, disinfecting the top, and placing it on there...Thanks for all the quick input. I will let you all know how it goes.

Here is the newest massive cake.

THANKS AGIAN! :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies