Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerolbz
lover

Loc: Flag
pinheads
    #4359214 - 07/01/05 01:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I went back to the spot where i got my batch last time...i noticed this plant...that had over lapped a big pile of manure which made it really shady and that is a good thing for the mushrooms right? There were groups of pinheads...some looked liek cubes some didnt. but Ive never really seen what cube pinheads look like..they were very very small.im going back tonight they should be almost fully grown.but can anyone post some pictures of pinheads preferably non home grown since ive noticed a difference in appearance between wild and homegrown cubes but any pictures will be fine.I already looked on the forum search thing and many websites...but the pinheads in the pictures were pretty big in every picture i found.
the pinheads at my spot were about a 1/4 inch tall,a dark tan on the top that faded as it got towards the stem.

Any help will do i just want to make sure im not going out there for nothing because of curfew restrictions and such,id rather wait and goto a diff spot if they aren't cubes. thanks.

EDIT- oh and one more thing...i have been told to go around 12 am when i hunt...are there more out at this time or what? when i go during the day i seem to find nothing but when i go at night i always seem to find atleast one or two. can someone explain this whole thing and what time is the very best?

--------------------
persistent existence flows fluid without resistance

Edited by rolbz (07/01/05 01:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: pinheads [Re: rolbz]
    #4359322 - 07/01/05 01:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

no, the time of day doesnt make more or less shrooms... those are likely not p. cubes.... pinheads that size are not tan, they are red, when you go back, those mushies will likely only have doubled in size... cubes in the wild only take 12-24 hours until maturity.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4359389 - 07/01/05 02:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

this picture by mjshroomer shows what Psilocybe cubensis look like in their early stages of growth:

Offlinerolbz
lover

Re: pinheads [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4359483 - 07/01/05 02:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah they resemble those..i guess theres only one way to find out ill go there tonight..they should be fully grown because i looked around 1130 last night and they were small.. but the stem wasnt as thick as the ones in that picture.ive just noticed most the homegrown ones have thick stems compared to my cubes which have pretty thin stems.also those mushrooms look so delish..compared to my weaklings lol and pcubmycol when you say red...like a dark brown color or just a straight red? i was looking at it with the light from my cell phone so it might have been a darker color but i know for sure that they were colored ontop.
thanks guys. keep em coming.
and i knew they fucking grew in hours. one of my friends had said 2 days and i remeber reading different.

--------------------

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4359500 - 07/01/05 02:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

There have been times... ive gone into a field at 8am and picked it all... gone back at 4 or 5pm and got tons more... fully mature. Technically a cube could fully mature in less than 6 hours with optimal conditions.

--------------------

Offlinerolbz
lover

Re: pinheads [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4359524 - 07/01/05 02:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

sorry for all the questions but you guys help so much...lets say i go back to the spot and notice that they aren't cubes..hopefully they'll be copes but anyway...i have some dried up caps i hadnt eaten and one or two fresh cubes..if i ripped them up and put them on the pile in the shade would that help grow any cubes? i mean there should still be more spores in the mushrooms. what about taking a spore print and scraping the spores on it?

--------------------

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4359549 - 07/01/05 02:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

dont do that... save your shrooms. nature already provides optimal spore distribution for your field... doing that wouldnt accomplish much at all.

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4359558 - 07/01/05 02:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

if i ripped them up and put them on the pile in the shade would that help grow any cubes? i mean there should still be more spores in the mushrooms. what about taking a spore print and scraping the spores on it?

no rolbz, that would not work.

Offlinerolbz
lover

Re: pinheads [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4359603 - 07/01/05 02:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ok ill make sure not to do that.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification