Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
IRA Terrorists
    #431042 - 10/19/01 11:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

For years the IRA conducted terrorist activity against Britain, but the British never bombed them. In fact, many Americans even helped fund the IRA... Wonder why that was???

They're White?
They're Catholics?
There wasn't oil fields to protect?
They weren't setting off bombs over here?

Edited by ElPrimo (10/19/01 11:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
Re: IRA Terrorists [Re: ElPrimo]
    #431356 - 10/20/01 11:25 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Why are there dictators and authoritarian regimes in most every other country across the world?
because the US supports these types of governments over truely democratic ones, they are easier to do business with.

Why did we not get rid of Saddam Hussein?
"our policy is to get rid of Saddam, not his regime" Richard Haass former director of middle eastern affairs, NSC.
the rigime in place allows for 2 methods of controling Iraq(worlds 2nd largest proven oil reserves), 1. as was prior to the gulf war, Saddam was a freind of the US, his absolute power only assured us control via his military over the population of Iraq. 2. Now with Saddam on the bad guy list we can point a finger at him, call him a hitler, impose economic sanctions, allow him to remain in power for purposes of political stability, and continue to buy oil from him (UN oil for food program).

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
Re: IRA Terrorists [Re: Lenore]
    #431572 - 10/20/01 03:55 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You're right, Lenore. Though no doubt he probably is an asshole. And I have little doubt the Taliban are a bunch of assholes as well. This makes them easy scapegoats. But so is the Saudi family and their corrupt regime. Most of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia.

The problems we have with this area lie at the foot of our own stupid decisions..... If the United States tried exporting justice, freedom and Democracy around the world instead of protecting our big business interests we'd all be better off.

Edited by ElPrimo (10/20/01 03:58 PM)

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #433549 - 10/22/01 06:53 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You are stupid. The US never officially supported the IRA. Also, the IRA are not terrorists. They are freedom fighters. The Brits have troops occupying Northern Ireland you twit. If anyone is at fault it is the invading British army.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Offlinemadscientist
journeyman
Re: IRA Terrorists [Re: PGF]
    #433976 - 10/23/01 07:56 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The majority of people in Northern Ireland are protestants. They are the people who want to be British. The IRA use violence against a democracy to promote the interests of a minority. So fuck you.

--------------------
Instead of the dove as the symbol of peace we should have a pillow. Its got more feathers but doesnt have that nasty sharp beak......

Edited by madscientist (10/23/01 08:03 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #433995 - 10/23/01 08:44 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

you are a huge dipshit...so are those that agree with you.....that's probably why you never seem to have any proof.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
Re: IRA Terrorists [Re: Innvertigo]
    #434735 - 10/23/01 09:57 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I really l;ike it when I run up against such strong intellectual arguments. LOL

So - did or did not the IRA commit terrorist acts? (did)

Did or did not they reside in and recive support from poor Catholic neighborhoods? (did)

Did or did not, they have a network which received funding from wealthy Irish folks both at home and abroad? (did)

Did or did not the Brits and the US start a bombing campaign of the poor Irish Catholic neighborhoods that harbored these guys. (did not)

So... show me where this analogy is wrong? You know, try and use logic with which to argue. 6 year olds can call names.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#435076 - 10/24/01 06:06 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

****I really l;ike it when I run up against such strong intellectual arguments. LOL ****

that's funny...i've never heard you involved in an intellectual argument

****many Americans even helped fund the IRA****

"America" hasn't funded them so get that strait

****Did or did not they reside in and recive support from poor Catholic neighborhoods****

oh and the protestants haven't supported them?

****6 year olds can call names****

but adults know the difference from prpaganda and bullshit

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePGF
square

#435241 - 10/24/01 11:46 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I really l;ike it when I run up against such strong intellectual arguments. LOL

So - did or did not the IRA commit terrorist acts? (did)
I guess it depends on your definition of terrorism. If a foreign army is occupying my neighborhood in my country, setting up blockades designed to keep me out of certain areas of my homeland, then any action taken against that FOREIGN invader is not terrorism, it is a rebellion.

Did or did not they reside in and recive support from poor Catholic neighborhoods? (did)

What are you trying to say here?

Did or did not, they have a network which received funding from wealthy Irish folks both at home and abroad? (did)

What's your point? The US gov does not support the IRA. Who cares if citizens in the US support them, I would.

Did or did not the Brits and the US start a bombing campaign of the poor Irish Catholic neighborhoods that harbored these guys. (did not)

You fail to understand that the Brits occupy Ireland and should leave. Simple. Just like the US occupies Panama and should leave.

The British have a long history of taking control of foriegn land and fighting hard to keep that land. I'm surprised they gave back Hong Kong. Fuck the Imperialist British and there brutish conquest of foreign soil.

So... show me where this analogy is wrong? You know, try and use logic with which to argue. 6 year olds can call names.

?

--------------------

Edited by PGF (10/24/01 11:48 AM)

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
    #435639 - 10/24/01 05:10 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

PGF - youre a little slow onm the uptake huh? The comparison is between the Moslem terrorists and the Irish terrorists. But lets try and clear things up for you...

when you set a bomb off in a crowd of civilians it is terrorism. period

The moslems feel they have as much justification for this as the Irish do. (Israel is hardly any more legit than N. Ireland)

Private donors. The point is that wealthy Moslems support these mid east terrorists, not the governments in Saudi Arabia, Syria, lebanon etc. (at least not openly). Same as the IRA was supported. If you want to end terroriism you have to address the cause.. like Mitchell tried with the Irish/English peace talks... not by bombing the Irish/Moslem countryside.

The US often props up puppet dictators and keeps them in power. For instance, the Saudi family is a bunch of crooks who live extravagantly while millions of their countrymen suffer. We keep them power. The Mos;em terrorists consider us to be occupying theiur home land. We have bases in Saudi Arabia... or didn't you know this?

As far as Panama goes. Dems gave the Canal Zone back to them. Republicans were against this and have called Dems commies and idiots. GOPer thimk we should control every Country...

And lastly, I have no problem with creative name calling or aspersions but one can at least accompany it with some sort of argument... That's what distinguishes us from 6 year olds... and this was directed at vertigo - you had a comment with your name calling... a dumb one, but one none the less.

InvisiblePGF
square

#435830 - 10/24/01 07:30 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"PGF - youre a little slow onm the uptake huh?'

Sorry. But, I play with children in OTD.
If you want to discuss things, do not resort to idiocy.

Bye.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#436245 - 10/25/01 07:15 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

WWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

The problem is, is that you and your alter ego Lenore spread false propaganda and just plain stupid stats. Sorry that i hurt you feelings....a little sensative

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
    #437081 - 10/25/01 10:41 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

PGF - I did discuss things.. it's you who runs away afetr defending the IRA for planting bombs in cars and killing innocent women and children who are shopping on a British street ... as if it is so much more justified than the Moslem terrorists.

And BTW - I support Irish independence.. I just don't support terrorism against civilians.

My thread was only to point out the hypocrisy of folks like you who claim to see a difference in these acts of terrorism.

Bye yourself... but I intend to be around... so if you post stupid shit (IMO) I intend to say so.

Edited by ElPrimo (10/26/01 08:39 AM)

InvisiblePGF
square

#437120 - 10/25/01 11:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

What stupid shite?
The IRA want British occupiers out their land. There are British soldiers roaming the neighborhoods of Ireland with automatic machine guns. The Brits have tanks rolling down streets where children play. Would you want you kids exposed to that? I would not. The arab extremist fundamentalist terrorists ists want US out of someone elses land. No comparison. Your terrorist buddies are not shooting at soldiers, at all.

Besides, you edited your post I replied to originally. The dumb one where you went on aboot: "Are the Catholics in the US sending money to the IRA? yes. See, america supports the IRA"

So, if you edit your post so much nothing is there that I originally responded to, how can you even begin to discuss anything with anybody? You just go back and edit out the parts I respond to? Weird.

--------------------

Edited by PGF (10/25/01 11:29 PM)

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
    #437505 - 10/26/01 08:38 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"Your terrorist buddies are not shooting at soldiers, at all. "

I have no terrorist buddies. I am against all terrorists. It is you who support one band of terrorists. I am trying to draw a parrallel between the IRA and Al Quaida. That is something you seem not to understand. The parallel thing... which is why I said you are slow on the uptake.

"Are the Catholics in the US sending money to the IRA? yes. See, america supports the IRA"

I edit my posts to make them more readable or to better display what I'm trying to say. In this case I am trying to say that Wealthy Catholics who support IRA terrorism are not much different from wealthy Moslems who support Al Quaida terrorism. I'm sure i did not say this part however " See, america supports the IRA" .. That's something you made up. How many other distortions and outright falsehoods do you post to support your views?

And BTW, I intend to edit the previous post where I say "Shoot all the friggin Brit soldiers you want". Because I believe it to be a wrong thing to say. That does not mean I support Brit soldiers, however. I am very aware of Britains role in subjugating the Irish people.

As far as the wierd part... I won't argue against that.. but I would prefer 'different' or perhaps 'unusual'.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

#437628 - 10/26/01 12:00 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i am from ireland and have to laugh at the ignorance and misconceptions.
"Did or did not the Brits and the US start a bombing campaign of the poor Irish Catholic neighborhoods that harbored these guys. (did not) "

catholic homes get petrol bombed every week in the north by loyalists. there are breakaway british extremists just as there are irish ones.

"For years the IRA conducted terrorist activity against Britain, but the British never bombed them. In fact, many Americans even helped fund the IRA... Wonder why that was???"
somebody else even said america supported the IRA

in that case many "americans" supported osama bin laden, as i am sure many rich saudi arabians live in the states who gave him money.
if you are using this bullshit logic then nearly every country in the world supports the IRA

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
Re: IRA Terrorists [Re: blackout]
    #438195 - 10/27/01 12:42 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well, Blackheart, I read that the Brits even kept the Irish from going to schools at one point.

Withthat last post, I guess you're evidence of that.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

#438403 - 10/27/01 07:30 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"Withthat last post, I guess you're evidence of that."

did you miss the sarcasm or something?

InvisiblePGF
square

Re: IRA Terrorists [Re: blackout]
    #442871 - 10/31/01 07:35 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Have you seen the supposed British partial pullout?

Looks like they are removing camps that have recently been replaced, or taking down the temporary camps they set up just for the partial withdrawal.

And, the IRA is disarming? What the fuck? That's not a good move.

--------------------

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
    #445095 - 11/02/01 06:42 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Guess so, Blackout..

hey, it's a good thing Catholics don't believe in suicide... Just think what horrible acts those IRA terrorists could have comitted...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom